Fight Bayer. Fight Johnson & Johnson. Try to Fight With love.

Fight with Love Picture

It’s more important to be loving than it is to be right. It’s more important to be compassionate than it is to be right. It’s more important to be patient than it is to be right. It’s more important to have hope and faith than it is to be right.

I know these things on some level, but it’s hard to truly believe them.  It’s hard to put my ego in check and to let go of the need to be right. It’s hard to let go of control.  I want everyone in the world to know about the dangers of fluoroquinolone drugs and I want there to be systematic change to mitigate their danger – because I’m right.  And, of course, because poisoning innocent people with pharmaceuticals is wrong.  It’s a moral atrocity and it needs to stop.

But screaming at people about how they’re wrong when they assume that the drug companies aren’t poisoning them, that the FDA is protecting them, that their doctors know anything about the dangers of the drugs that they prescribe, doesn’t seem to work as well as I’d like it to.  People are resistant to being told what to do, think and believe.  They are resistant to being told what is right.

Maybe if we communicate with love as our motivation, as opposed to righteousness, we’ll get further.  For all important things that have been fought for, love was the motivation of those who achieved justice.  Not validation, not a need to be right – love.  Of course, those who fought for change and justice were right, and we all now know that they were right, but they didn’t go about fighting for their cause out of a need to stroke their own ego, they fought because it was important and they succeeded because they fought with love.

It’s definitely inflated to think of this struggle as analogous to fighting for civil rights.  We’re not freedom fighters – I realize that.  But it is important to fight the drug companies that are poisoning us.  It’s important to fight the pain and suffering that they are causing.  It’s important that we protect the children of the world from these drug companies who will maim them without batting an eye.  And it’s important that we go about the fight in the most effective way possible.  The great leaders who won important fights of great magnitude did so with love, not hate.  And with love they convinced the world of their righteousness.  The world changed because of their fighting, their righteousness, and ultimately, because of their love.

Exactly how we fight with love, and win, is something that I’m not sure of.  How do we convince people to not take fluoroquinolones themselves?  How do we shift their entire view of the medical system so that they are wary of the dangers of prescription drugs without trying to control them and convince them that we are right?  How do we fight without sounding (or being) angry or fearful or bitter?  How do we fight with love?  I don’t know.  But I think that it starts with a mind shift.  It starts with letting go of anger, fear, bitterness, control and the need to be right –  and letting love, compassion and understanding into our mind, heart and soul (singular – intentionally).  It starts with loving people unconditionally, even when they’re wrong, maybe especially when they’re wrong.  Because it is only when people are sure that they are loved, that they don’t need to be afraid, that they don’t need to control the situation, that they can let in love and truth, that they can be open to hearing what we have to say and they will be open to change.  When people are sure that they are loved, they will be open to stopping the atrocity that is this systematic disregard of human health and human worth in exchange for money, for corporate profits.  It’s a system that is broken, that is wrong.  It needs to be fixed.

Ironically, I hope that I’m right.  I hope that this fight can be won with love.  I hope that our society can shift away from valuing money, greed and corporate profits more than compassion, caring, safety, openness and love.  It’s a fight worth fighting, and it’s a fight worth winning.  Fighting the fight with love on our side is the best way to win it – I hope.

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

6 thoughts on “Fight Bayer. Fight Johnson & Johnson. Try to Fight With love.

1. Jan Bush August 1, 2013 at 9:18 am Reply

This approach is a tried and true way to get people to change and is more healthy for the soul.

2. Stef August 1, 2013 at 9:20 pm Reply

Oh my goodness. I just told one of my closest friends not to take them today. This is her reply…”thanks for the info, but I react to penicillin so all I can take is cipro and levaquin.” What do say to that? I am mortified.

• bisa1979 August 1, 2013 at 9:58 pm Reply

Please tell her that ANY antibiotic that is not in the quinolone/fluoroquinolone class is safer. Here is a list of the different kinds of antibiotics – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_antibiotics. Quinolones/Fluoroquinolones are the only antibiotics that cause a syndrome that can lead to permanent disability. There is no known cure, or even acknowledged treatment, for fluoroquinolone toxicity and it can be DEVASTATING. It isn’t like an allergic reaction where as soon as the allergen/drug exposure has ceased, the reaction stops. Fluoroquinolone toxicity can start, and get worse and worse, months after the initial exposure. Please make sure that she knows about the dangers of these drugs! Information can be found on the “Links & Resources” page of this site. Thank you so much for being a good friend and warning her about these drugs! Please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do for either of you.

• bisa1979 August 2, 2013 at 9:18 pm Reply

It scares me so much when I hear of people who are pretty much intending to take fluoroquinolones. I want to save them. I want to rip the drugs out of their hands. I want to scream at them and shake them. But that probably won’t work. There’s not a whole lot any of us can do other than advocate and teach people to the best of our abilities. Hopefully some people will listen. Hopefully everyone will one day know about the dangers of these drugs and it will seem like common sense that they shouldn’t be used in non-emergency situations. Hopefully the system will change one day and these drugs won’t be administered without true informed consent and a real protocol for their use. Until that day comes, some people, sadly, will just have to learn lessons the hard way. I hope that your friend doesn’t learn her lessons the hard way and that she doesn’t react like you and I did. I truly hope that.

3. Andy Maier August 6, 2013 at 4:40 pm Reply

The power of social media backed with growing news on Forbes and NYTIMES will help turn people’s attention. Perhaps a kickstarter fund to run advertisements on WebMD, jama, NEJM, etc. I like that idea actually…

4. Corinna August 19, 2014 at 4:06 pm Reply

There’s something very evil going on with humans and crop, and it’s no accident.