I hope that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope that it is filled with love, laughter, good food, family, friends, joy, etc. I hope that pain, sickness, anxiety, etc. are not at the forefront of your mind. I hope that, despite the trials, tribulations, pain and suffering, you have things that you are grateful for and that you can focus your energy on those things, no matter how small they may be.
This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the following:
- My health. This is the first Thanksgiving since I got Floxed that I am as healthy as I was before I got Floxed. I was okay a year ago, but I wasn’t 100% yet. I’m 100% healed now. It feels good. I am immensely grateful for my healthy body and mind. I will never take my health for granted again.
- My family. I am lucky that I have a wonderfully supportive family. They have always loved me, I have always loved them, and I am incredibly grateful for them.
- My friends. I have gained some wonderful friendships over the last year. A lot of those friendships have been with fellow Floxies who I only know through the internet. Even though those friendships aren’t in-person connections, they’re still valuable. I enjoy the camaraderie that I have with fellow Floxies. I appreciate that there is a community of people who understand and support each other through the difficult journey of being Floxed.
- I am thankful that each of my Floxie friends is making it. You guys are survivors. Just putting one foot in front of the other is difficult for many of you, I know. But I’m glad that you do it. I’m thankful that you keep going, keep trying and keep fighting.
- I’m grateful for my non-Floxie friends too. Your love, laughter, support and caring mean the world to me.
- FloxieHope. I’m thankful for the success of this blog. I don’t know how blog success is measured in blogger universe, but in my world, reaching as many people as I’ve reached since starting FloxieHope in June, 2013 is amazing. I’m thankful that I have a platform through which I can reach out to people, share information with them, and let them know that they are not alone and that they will survive.
- I am thankful for all of the people who have written their recovery stories for FloxieHope. THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS on your recovery!
- I am thankful for Chandler Marrs of www.hormonesmatter.com for publishing some of my essays about fluoroquinolones on Hormones Matter.
- I am thankful for Arjun Walia of www.collective-evolution.com for publishing some of my essays about fluoroquinolones on Collective Evolution.
- I am thankful for everyone who reads FloxieHope. Thanks. 🙂
- I am thankful for the journey. All of it. Even the crappy parts that were unpleasant at the time, I’m as grateful for them as I am for the good things. Without any of it, I wouldn’t be where I am now. I’d like to think that I’m doing alright now, so I’m thankful for everything that has led me to this moment.
Of course, I’m grateful for a million other things. One thing that meditation has taught me is that I can find beauty and gratitude in the smallest things, even in the pleasure of the breath. Those little things that I’m thankful for are too numerous to list. Please know that I am thankful for them though.
I truly hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!