Doctor Referral List

doctorReferral

Several people have asked me for referrals to doctors who specialize in Fluoroquinolone Toxicity.  Unfortunately, there are very few doctors who claim any expertise in Fluoroquinolone Toxicity (I say claim because even the most in-depth medical journals say that the mechanisms through which fluoroquinolones work, and sometimes don’t work, are unknown at this time).  But there are doctors who have read-up on fluoroquinolone toxicity, who are familiar with the issues of Floxies, who are willing and able to listen and to help, when possible.  Here is a list of the doctors who have been identified thus far –

If you find a good doctor that you like who you would like to refer other Floxies to, please add the doctor, or other medical professional that helps you, to the referral list –

I did not create these google documents.  I want to thank the person who did (I’m not sure who that person is, sorry).  Thank you for putting this together!

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 thoughts on “Doctor Referral List

1. Crystal December 11, 2013 at 10:39 am Reply

Wow! Thank you so much for posting this, Lisa. I have avoided looking up anything like this because I always figured I’d run into more horror stories. This is such a relief. I’m only 20 miles from one of the very doctors on this list. Wow, again what a relief to know that when the day comes that I decide to go to the doctor, I know where to start! Thank you again, and once again, this blog is my lifeline for hope. You’re doing such a service for us floxies. Never forget that.

2. DoubleJ December 22, 2013 at 9:27 pm Reply

Hi, if you can edit your list, the doctor in Brandon, Florida is no longer working and has retired. The new doctor there is basically worthless for anything outside your basic issues. He’s a really nice guy, but told me my PNS symptoms couldn’t be from Cipro after a month out. Gave me some Zantac for my heartburn and that was it. Had to go back 3 times to get a referral to a G.I. doc to get a scope done. That’s scheduled for mid-Jan.

If anyone knows of a doctor in the Tampa area that listens, please share!

3. […] I suggest to everyone that they find doctors (or other health-care personnel) who, at the very least, acknowledge that fluoroquinolone toxicity is possible.  You can find a list of positively reviewed doctors here. […]

4. Gina Jefferson April 24, 2016 at 8:10 am Reply

Thank you! God bless for this lisg

5. Ron Hanson, MD May 15, 2016 at 9:25 pm Reply

Hey everyone:

First, my regrets to all for your pain & suffering. My gut/medical intuition never set well with this group of meds for some reason–all the way back to residency. Little did I know that I’d work with healing the ill effects years later.

Besides diet, supplements and ozone–I’ve used prolotherapy, platelets (PRP) and stem cell concentrates on many, many patients over the last 10 years to help heal FQ problems. In the last year, precisely guided treatments I created for a seemingly unrelated medical condition — complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) (also enigmatic) are working well combined with other approaches. Though still early, I’m hoping the results last. If enough good occurs, I’ll do an official trial.

It’s early and new, but if you can travel to MN, I’m happy to help

PS: sorry for the ad, but I find it hard to reach FQ patients any other way.

• Lisa May 16, 2016 at 4:11 pm Reply

Hi Dr. Hanson,

Thank you so much for acknowledging fluoroquinolone adverse effects and for treating patients who are going through fluoroquinolone toxicity! You are greatly appreciated!

Are you on the list linked to above? If not, can you please either add yourself or ask a patient to add you?

Do you mind putting your web site and/or phone number up so that people can reach you more easily and so that they are sure to reach out to the right Dr. Hanson?

I think that there are a lot of people suffering from adverse drug reactions who are very much in need of knowledgable physicians, and if you’re willing to try and tackle the strangeness of fluoroquinolone toxicity, I know that many people will appreciate you and will seek you out for treatment and help. I appreciate that you’ve commented here to let me know that you are treating “floxies.” I will let people know that they can, and should, reach out to you.

• Ron Hanson May 16, 2016 at 7:09 pm Reply

Thank you, Lisa. I am on the list above.

My clinic is named OrthoCure, website is orthocureclinic.com. It is fairly new and still under construction, more will come on FQ toxicity options, but the tenor and direction of the clinic are well represented.

Clinic phone number is 612-800-5096

6. Floxeddoc June 28, 2016 at 10:12 am Reply

As a practicing physician who has recently been floxed by cipro. I have found it impossible to find any reasonable help in the medical community or have fellow physicians believe that my symptoms are due to quinolones. I have also called many people on the list provided on this website including an individual I trained with and one I trained and these individuals could not figured how their names ended up on the site or offer me any worthwhile advice. Many of the recommended providers in my home state have been sanctioned by the medical board. Very disconcerting. We all need to find kind, caring, compassionate as well as competent physicians to take care of us.

• Lisa June 28, 2016 at 10:44 am Reply

I agree completely that we need to find some kind, caring, compassionate, competent physicians to address this issue. From all reports, Dr. Flockhart matched that description. Sadly, he passed away in 2015 – https://floxiehope.com/2015/12/07/in-memory-of-dr-david-flockhart/. I have heard good things about the doctor who took over his work, Dr. Decker. I believe that this is his contact information – http://medicine.iupui.edu/faculty-profile/bsdecker/brian-s-decker-md-pharmd/. He may be able to help. I hope so.

• orthocure June 28, 2016 at 12:26 pm Reply

Hey doc:

Agree on all above. I saw 3 floxies this week–and I’m a regenerative orthopedic physician. I’ve seen docs get sanctioned or threatened with sanction for prescribing armour thyroid, doing joint injections or for just doing anything that’s deemed outside “standard of care”. This is good from a conformity and to some degree a safety standpoint, but unfortunately doesn’t take into account that many things have no medical standard that improves, creates independence for or heals patients. This is a hard road in medicine, there is risk in just admitting that FQs create harm.

As I said to my patient today who has lived a very different life for the last 8 years after her 4th course of a quinolone: 1) I’m here to help you improve no matter what the cause was. I have some unique tools that have helped many patients improve where other treatments have failed. 2) I need you to hope and to look forward; leave behind what’s happened to you, it only draws precious resources from you. 3) Someday, you may be lucky enough to recognize that the painful changes that have happened made you different–I hope you have the resilience to choose to see what it has helped you become, not what it has taken from you.

I hope the same for you. Floxing hasn’t been my “cross to bear”, though I know the strain of having a medical condition for 20 years that affects every hour. Looking forward to what can be instead of back to what could have been is the only way I know to have the chance to triumph.

Best Regards

• Lisa June 28, 2016 at 1:21 pm Reply

Thank you, Dr. Hanson!

• Lisa June 28, 2016 at 1:25 pm Reply

This may be of interest to you, and any other physician treating fluoroquinolone-affected patients – https://www.hormonesmatter.com/progesterone-peripheral-neuropathy/. Two floxed women reported that their peripheral neuropathy went away while they were getting progesterone shots while pregnant. That’s anecdotal, of course, but the role of progesterone in this mess is certainly worth some looking into.

I also highly recommend this site – http://fluoroquinolonethyroid.com/.

• Floxeddoc June 28, 2016 at 1:49 pm

As I mentioned I was floxed 2 months ago. My symptoms are multi factorial and include neurological, GI, musculoskeletal. Severe anxiety and insomnia. Lots of cloudiness. I had none of the symptoms to any extent before. It makes life extremely difficult. Everyone wants to treat the symptoms. People want to blame the anxiety as the cause/psychosomatic. Need to find someone who will acknowledge Quinolones caused these problems and help find methods to treat.

• orthocure June 28, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Thanks Lisa, agree wholeheartedly.

Hormone optimization is one of the non-procedural interventions I encourage for every floxie patient. Effects are so widespread and positive in the right providers’ hands that I suggest everyone at least take a look.

My bias is for approach bio-identical by a provider who’s been trained in this system of practice:

Worldlinkmedical.com

Best

7. tt November 23, 2016 at 1:05 am Reply

hi all, my partner has been suffering with this for about 10 months and it breaks my heart. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I could find info on any medical professionals in Australia who can help. our gp was useless.

8. Lindsay October 26, 2017 at 11:17 am Reply

Hi all, I am looking for the updated doctor referral list. I would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks!