Floxie Hope Podcast Episode 14 – Dr. Terry Wahls

Floxie Hope Podcast Episode 14 - Dr. Terry Wahls

It was an absolute HONOR to interview Dr. Terry Wahls for episode 14 of The Floxie Hope Podcast. Dr. Wahls has inspired millions of people with her personal story of putting progressive multiple sclerosis (M.S) into remission through diet and lifestyle changes. She is the author of The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat all Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles. In addition to reversing the course of various autoimmune diseases, the Wahls Protocol has helped thousands of people to recover from mysterious chronic illnesses like Lyme Disease, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E, and fluoroquinolone toxicity.

In this interview, Dr. Wahls and I discuss how mitochondria can be repaired through diet and lifestyle changes. We go over the basics of The Wahls Protocol diet, and we discuss how everyone who has been hurt by a mitochondrial poison can nourish their cells. Information about Dr. Wahls can be found on http://terrywahls.com/.

You can listen to the podcast through these links:

Please accept my sincere apologies for the horrible sound quality in the first 5 minutes of the podcast. It is better after the 5 minute mark, so please hang in there and listen past the fuzziness at the beginning.

Renee’s story illustrates how helpful The Wahls Protocol is for those suffering from fluoroquinolone toxicity – https://floxiehope.com/renees-story-cipro-reaction/.

Dr. Wahls’ TED talk has been viewed more than 2.2 million times and has inspired and touched every person who has viewed it. I encourage you to listen to the podcast, buy the book, and watch Dr. Wahls’ inspirational TED talk

Tagged: , , , , , ,

10 thoughts on “Floxie Hope Podcast Episode 14 – Dr. Terry Wahls

1. bjacob131 September 15, 2015 at 9:58 am Reply

Reblogged this on Bjacob131's Blog and commented:
    A doctor you can listen to.

2. Jason September 15, 2015 at 10:01 am Reply

OMG Lisa that is amazing you got an interview with her! WOW!

You are a true trooper doing all this for Floxies, my hat’s off to you, you have done so much for Floxies already and you keep on plugging away. Great work you are a blessing to all!

3. Linda Livingston September 15, 2015 at 11:10 am Reply

Another great podcast. First, loved your last question about how to get the word out on flq—wish there had been more of a silver bullet answer. As you said, there have been 100 news pieces at the local level. I have been trying like hell to get someone on the national level to do a piece—eg 20/20, dateline, cbs and nbc evening news, etc. And I have taken information in with me to several doctors and all but one either wouldn’t look at it, or STILL dismissed it. That is why I don’t have a lot of faith in turning it around at that level. (Plus I think they are quite reluctant to admit that perhaps what they have done in the past could be causing patients to have health problems.)

I am so relieved I listened to this, because when I watched her TED TALK I was discouraged by the amount she ate (3 cups leafy greens, 3 cups colored, 3 cups sulphur-containing). I have a mini fridg, and I couldn’t fit in one day’s worth! But to discover she is 6’ tall, means I don’t have to have quite that much (though still a struggle.)

As for the fasting, many of us who have been floxed and had lost a lot of weight very quickly, are still struggling to just maintain, so I think the fasting may be out of the question for quite a while. Also I am not sure that what our ancestors did is necessarily still good for us, since our bodies have undergone so many changes and adaptations. I have heard other experts say that fasting is not a good idea. Hard sometimes to know whose advise to follow. I suppose following your own gut is key. (I was also surprised to hear her oppose mercury removal. That is something I was pondering for the future, but not an immediate concern.)
    Thank you again Lisa!

4. Rose Casanova September 16, 2015 at 2:35 pm Reply

This was a great interview and yes I too have been following the Wahl’s protocol and I believe it has helped a lot with every issue. Also, the addition of Hydrochloric acid and digestive enzymes seem to be doing wonders along with the protocol. It is not an easy diet. I rarely eat out but I make great meals so that doesn’t matter. I have not been able to get a regular fasting schedule going, but I’ll get there. I would suggest everyone try her routine for life that’s outlined in the book. All of the elements to her protocol seem to be equally important, including stress reduction, exercise, sunlight, sleep, massage, etc. For me, I found that the edition of coffee enemas have aided with the detox when my body would not let go of the toxins.

Anyway, I am very impressed with the Dr. Wahl’s and the recovery she’s made. It’s mind blowing as I know several people with MS who continue to deteriorate in a horrible way (and yes I’ve sent them her book, but they still depend on conventional medicine). I also felt like the FQ toxicity acted, for me, very much like an MS type illness. Now I can report that I’m getting better, although at times it’s been a rough climb, I have hope!

In the spirit of the doctor, I ate my daily raw liver portion while listening to this. Yum.

Thanks to you both.

• Linda Livingston September 16, 2015 at 4:55 pm Reply

How funny…I was just talking to someone about trying to find liver that is non-antibiotic. (That is probably the ONLY organ food I could get down.) Liver and onions (and maybe a little organic catsup with that.)

And now more than ever it is so important that this gets NATIONAL attention, since they just approved Cipro for use, in certain conditions, for CHILDREN as young as one years old!!!! Insanity!

• Jason September 16, 2015 at 7:22 pm Reply

We were just talking about Liver too and how it seems like a REALLY bad idea to eat the detox filter from another living thing’s body! The liver is THE filter! (plus, I had liver as a kid and hated it, and have no desire to re-try even though I did once or twice)

• Linda Livingston September 16, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Actually, my ND was just talking about this because someone else raised that concern. Like Wahls, he says organ meat is great. He also said the liver doesn’t maintain the “bad stuff” so it’s fine to eat. Accordingly, the bad part is the fat, because fat holds onto the garbage.

This is from the site Mark’s Daily Apple. He compares it more to a processing plant than a filter: “Liver can accumulate toxins and heavy metals, but so can every other part of the animal. If you avoid liver because of toxins, you should probably avoid the rest of the animal, too… Livers from organic, pasture-raised animals are obviously going to be tastier (almost sweet, in my experience), more nutritious, and cleaner, but I think you can safely eat the occasional liver meal from conventionally raised animals, too.”

• Jason September 17, 2015 at 7:32 pm

I guess the worst organ might be the brain (ewwwww, brains) then, like 70% fat maybe the highest % of an organ in the body.

I guess in one sense he is right, many parts of the body accumulate toxins, including the Liver, but it s-t-i-l-l seems wrong to some degree…

• Linda Livingston September 17, 2015 at 8:16 pm

yeah, that was my initial reaction too. think I will give it an ocassional try though. but I’m with you on the brains. ewwwwwwwwww

5. Mike October 21, 2015 at 5:22 pm Reply