Floxie Hope Podcast Episode 15 – Richard

Richard Floxie Hope Podcast

I had the pleasure of interviewing Richard for episode 15 of The Floxie Hope Podcast. Please check it out –

At the age of 23, Richard was “floxed” by a single pill of Avelox (while he was also on NSAIDs). For the following 4 months he was acutely ill, and for ten months following that he was slowly recovering. Richard goes over his journey through fluoroquinolone toxicity in the interview – what helped, what hurt, and what he learned along the way. He has excellent advice to share with all of you.

Thank you very much for listening!

Tagged: , , , , , ,

8 thoughts on “Floxie Hope Podcast Episode 15 – Richard

1. Linda March 3, 2016 at 9:58 am Reply

will listen later. it’s wonderful you do these, but wish there were transcripts —much quicker to look through. not a fan of the audio

• Lisa Bloomquist March 3, 2016 at 10:01 am Reply

Richard mentioned interest in writing a story too. The audio is good for people who spend a lot of time in the car. I ❤ listening to podcasts while I'm driving.

• Linda March 3, 2016 at 10:46 am Reply

not sure how to do that. I know I heard one of your once but I think it was by accident! not sure what station it was on

2. Deborah Harple March 3, 2016 at 10:36 am Reply

Unable to get??

3. Rose Casanova March 3, 2016 at 1:18 pm Reply

happy to hear Richard is recovering. I totally agree about the body healing more efficiently when it is not stressed or anxious and that positive feelings help you recover. Having a hobby was also really important for me to get my mind off my illness. The cannabis segment was hilarious.

4. Linda March 3, 2016 at 2:14 pm Reply

Well, I got to listen to about half of it. Richard—you are smarter than I am, even though I am decades older. I went through 12 doctors before I gave up on them! I had many of the same problems. I also lost 30+ lbs in a short time, had breathing problems, chest pain, eye problems. Still have massive floaters in the right eye. Do you still have them?

I started noticing problems after 3 pills (but took a 4th not making the connection.) I had gone to a different doctor, not realizing she was part of the same medical group as “cipro doc” because she was at a different address. In her notes on my visit she says (I can hear the snark in her voice) “patient refuses to believe there are other causes for her problems, even though she took only THREE pills, and that was over a MONTH ago.” GRRRRRR. (Dr Jay Cohen, in his book makes a comment about how doctors who think side effects stop once you stop the medication are ignoring science.)

Glad you are doing to so well.

5. joanneg April 17, 2016 at 11:15 pm Reply

Hi Richard,

I listened to your podcast today, and the one thing that stood out to me was your HIGH CALCIUM.

I was floxed 22 months ago, and the only thing wrong in my labs was high calicium. Well, eventually I was diagnosed with Hyperparathyroid.

And April 14th I had surgery to remove one of the 4 glands because it had a tumor about the size of a kidney bean on it.

Immediately, from the recovery table, all my horrible, debilitating crippling flox symptoms were GONE!!!

You may need this surgery to get your complete healing, and its an outpatient procedure.

Also, it’s dangerous to keep living with high calcium.

Please go to http://www.parathyroid.com/ and read my story on the home page