Fluoroquinolone Mechanisms Chart

puzzle

Bronwen made this AMAZING chart of fluoroquinolone damage mechanisms that lead to fluoroquinolone toxicity and disability:

Fluoroquinoline reaction chart updated Aug 2016

I know that people are sometimes reluctant to click on links, but I wasn’t able to make the chart into a jpg that I could fit on this page, so, links to the pdf are what I can give you. Please check it out–thanks!

Fluoroquinoline reaction chart updated Aug 2016

You can read about Bronwen’s journey through fluoroquinolone toxicity HERE. Bronwen has been incredibly generous in offering advice and guidance to those who comment on her story too. She is thoughtful, intelligent, insightful, and greatly appreciated!

Putting together the fluoroquinolone toxicity puzzle, and determining what is going on in our “floxed” bodies, is really difficult. Brownen’s chart is helpful, and it’s a wonderful thing to give to doctors and anyone else who is interested in learning about fluoroquinolone toxicity.

Bronwen used the “Dear Colleague” letter by Dr. Miriam J. de Jong as a resource for the chart, and I highly recommend that you check it out too. It can be read HERE.

I have compiled some additional resources for sorting out the fluoroquinolone toxicity puzzle that include:

Through working together, doing research, sharing information, and speaking out, maybe we can all get to the root of what, exactly, fluoroquinolone toxicity is. Once that is known, solutions will be easier to come by.

Tagged: , , , ,

9 thoughts on “Fluoroquinolone Mechanisms Chart

1. Tracy Whiteside September 2, 2016 at 9:32 am Reply

I don’t wish to be negative, but, we need to start rattling cages, LOUDLY. MArgaret Hamburg needs to be held responsible , for what she did, so does Johnson and Johnson, Levaquin needs to be banned, it is a hideous poison, and, we all know it, we should all email, the White House, in masse, daily, I’m way sick and tired of suffering, for their greed. Did you all know MArgaret Hamburgs parents were both, former Presidents of the American Eugenics society, do you know that The Gulf WAR soldiers all had a two month round of Cipro, that’s why heir all crippled, Google that. Good Luck, and, God Bless.

• FloxFromCipropol September 2, 2016 at 11:07 am Reply

Tracy 100% right.
      You may collect 100 000 votes and new president must consider this issue.

2. Angie A. September 2, 2016 at 9:38 am Reply

Wow, yeah. This is a great chart. Scary, but informative. Now the question is – – What do we do about it!!??

3. Jason September 3, 2016 at 2:39 am Reply

Its actually much more complex and involved than what the chart shows but it is a good “one page” starting guide to give people some initial info on what happens.

What has to be done, does depend on exactly how someone is affected and everyone has their own somewhat unique flox reaction (though there are some things that are almost universally done), and this needs to be assessed by someone who has knowledge in all these areas and also in how to deal with them to help someone heal

• Bronwen September 3, 2016 at 11:59 am Reply

You’re right. It is more complex and undoubtedly biased to my symptoms. If it helps others organize their story then that is my only purpose in sharing. I created it because I found it very hard to provide an overview of both the research and the breadth of my reactions to cipro to to a busy medical or alternative practitioner. Originally, I built a rough draft so as to help an acupuncturist to become a co-detective when helping treat symptoms, and then realized the one-page chart was going to be quite useful when wanting to pick the brain of other practitioners, or explain my resistance to popping medications, so streamlined the chart further and added references. But I am certainly no expert, just a lay person when it comes to biochemistry! Problem is, there does not seem to be any experts in Fluoroquinolone reactions!

4. Shelly September 6, 2016 at 9:54 am Reply

I am so terrified right now. I took a total of 6 500mg cipro over 3 days, the last day being 2 days ago. My knees, elbows, ankles and shoulders are hurting and popping. My muscles have tremors and I feel awful. My biggest fear is that this is going to get worse. I have already started to take the following supplements today and yesterday:
    B complex
    Sam-E
    Chondroitin and glucosamine sulfate
    Vitamin E 400mgs
    Magnesium
    CoQ10
    Protein drinks
    Probiotics

I am so scared and this is all I can think about now.

• Bronwen September 7, 2016 at 6:17 pm Reply

So sorry this is happening to you Shelly. You certainly are taking a great selection of supplements to help. If I was you I would add NAC (N-acetyl cysteine which is an amino-acid) to boost your glutathione production in your liver, and add magnesium oil too as a way of boosting mag more quickly. MitoQ from New Zealand is expensive but will get right into your mitochondria better than CoQ10 which it is built from. I did not get to taking collagen until much later, but I think it could be a great boost for your tendons (True Marine is the kind I take because it is from wild fish – no antibiotics). Hang in there. Believe your body is trying its best to figure things out and as it is early on, by adding back some things cipro has depleted, you are working on reducing the reaction. Just keep breathing and move about when you get very anxious and have an epsom salt bath to help sleep.

5. andy October 28, 2016 at 4:46 pm Reply

Lisa – The references aren’t included with the image. Do you have them somewhere?

• andy October 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm Reply

nevermind they’re in the document link bottom left in the pdf