I had the pleasure of interviewing Amber for Episode 16 of The Floxie Hope Podcast. You can listen to the podcast through either of these links:
Note that all episodes of The Floxie Hope Podcast can be downloaded through any podcatcher. Just go to your app store, type in “podcatcher,” download whichever podcatcher you prefer, and search for “Floxie” – the podcast should pop up and you should be able to download it from there.
You can also read Amber’s story here – https://floxiehope.com/ambers-recovery-story-cipro-toxicity/
Amber’s fluoroquinolone toxicity symptoms included:
- Brain fog – Even though I had a hard time concentrating I still had work and school and was not about to stop either.
- Eye issues – including pain, light sensitivity, and dry eye.
- Bee stings throughout my body
- Vibration sensations
- Muscle twitching
- Pain in my legs- I had a hard time walking up the stairs to my apartment. I would feel like I just ran a mile when I only took a few steps.
- Sensitivity to alcohol and caffeine.
- Sunburnt sensation all of my body
- Hot spots on my legs
- Back ache
One thing to note is that Amber’s symptoms were significantly delayed. It’s difficult to connect cause to effect when a drug causes symptoms months after administration of the drug has stopped.
Amber’s message of hope to all of you is her encouragement to NEVER GIVE UP. When the “flox bomb” was going off in her, she had neurological problems and anxiety that were difficult to get through. She made it though. I hope that you find her story, and her podcast, to be encouraging!