Merry Christmas! Happy Chanukah! Festive Festivus! Happy holidays to each and every one of you!
I wish you all happiness, joy, love, and health this holiday season!
The holidays are supposed to be a time of warmth, comfort, and happiness, but, unfortunately, that isn’t how they are for everyone. For some people, the holidays can be difficult and lonely, and losses can feel amplified. For those who have had relationships strained by being sick, the holidays may be a reminder that some people don’t understand. For some, the holidays can emphasize losses of physical and mental capacity, as it becomes clear that you can’t do what you could before you got “floxed.” For those who have lost their ability to work, and who are struggling financially, the holidays can be particularly difficult.
Because I know what hardships many of my fellow “floxies” are experiencing, I thought I’d set up a gift giving program. Here is how it will work:
People who would like to give gifts to their fellow “floxies” will fill in the Gift Giver form –
People who would like to receive gifts from a friend in the “floxie” community will fill in the Gift Receiver form –
I will email a confirmation to the Gift Receiver that their request was received, and I will email the Gift Giver the necessary information to send gift to the Receiver.
The Gift Giver will send the gift to the Gift Receiver.
The world is a little more joyous and happy this holiday season.
Does that make sense? If not, please let me know.
- How much will gifts for my floxie friend cost? How much should a thing I request cost?
- Under $50 (including shipping) seems reasonable.
- When do I need to send the gift? When should I expect to receive the gift?
- Try to get the gifts to people before December 24, 2016 (Christmas Eve and the first day of Chanukah).
- Are there any limits on who can receive gifts?
- You should be in need, and part of the “floxie” community, and I will trust you to self-identify as such.
- Are there any limits on who can give gifts?
- How are you going to match gift givers with gift receivers?
- Somewhere between randomly and first-come, first serve.
- What if there are more gift receivers than gift givers?
- I (Lisa) will send gifts to those in need who request some holiday cheer and love. There is also an option on the Gift Giver form to send more than one gift.
- What if there are more gift givers than gift receivers?
- Then we have a very generous community, and some people may get gifts from more than one person.
- If there are significantly more Gift Givers than Gift Receivers I will arrange a gift exchange where everyone is both a giver and a receiver.
- Is this anonymous?
- I’m not going to publish anyone’s personal information, but I’m not 100% sure how to use google forms so that they are completely secure, and I need to exchange information between parties. With that said, I will try to be discreet.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you to all who participate!
I wish you all a wonderful holiday season full of love and cheer!