Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Films

I have come to the conclusion that being a film-maker is a risk factor for having an adverse reaction to fluoroquinolones. I have been emailed by no less than a dozen people in the film industry, mainly independent documentarians, who have been floxed and who express desire to make a film about fluoroquinolone toxicity. I haven’t been approached by authors, or people who are on the radio, or any other type of media personnel – only film-makers. Film-makers beware – DO NOT TAKE FLUOROQUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS.

Of course, I’m joking. It is illogical, and impossible, for film-makers to be at higher risk of fluoroquinolone toxicity than anyone else. Film-makers shouldn’t take fluoroquinolones because no one should take fluoroquinolones, but I see no reason that they would be at higher risk of fluoroquinolone toxicity than anyone else.

Still…. I have gotten several, maybe dozens, of emails from floxed film-makers who have expressed interest in making a film (or documentary, sorry, I don’t know the difference) about fluoroquinolone toxicity. I applaud their initiative and I encourage anyone/everyone who is interested in making a film about fluoroquinolone toxicity to do so.

The more the merrier, and if there were 20 films about fluoroquinolone toxicity, that would be awesome. However, maybe it would be good for the many film-makers who are interested in fluoroquinolone toxicity to join together and combine their talents, efforts, finances, and resources – just a suggestion.

Over the years, I have lost track of most of the emails from floxed film-makers. On the off chance that some of the floxed film-makers follow this blog, and are interested in collaborating, I would like to offer to connect you. Please contact me using the following form if you want me to connect you with others who are interested in creating a film about fluoroquinolone toxicity:

Though many film-makers have noted their interest in creating a film about fluoroquinolone toxicity, I only know of one who is currently in the process of making one. Michelle P is currently working on “Floxed”. Please “like” her page on facebook and support her efforts. There is a “send message” button on the Floxed documentary facebook page, and that’s probably a better way to reach Michelle than the contact form above, but I’m still happy to facilitate connections.  https://www.facebook.com/floxeddoc/

There are a couple of finished films about fluoroquinolone toxicity that I recommend. The first is Certain Adverse Events, by Nancy Edwards. You can purchase Certain Adverse Events on Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/Certain-Adverse-Events-Nancy-Edwards/dp/B0076D0B2G.

One of the 5-star reviewers of Certain Adverse Events states:

“I will never forget the date of 3-1-10. That’s the day I took a week long course of Cipro and went from being a very athletic and healthy 42 year old professional to a disabled cripple in one short week. That’s how devastating the side effects from these drugs are. Two years have passed since then and I am still in chronic pain with major nerve, tendon and cartilage damage throughout my body. This film does a great job of showing how many people are affected by this class of antibiotics and why the US regulatory system has thus far failed to properly regulate these drugs. It interviews victims, doctors, pharmacists and lawyers to help you make an informed decision on your own health. I wish I’d seen this film before it was too late for me.”

Here is an excerpt of the film on youtube too (but please buy it on Amazon – support independent film-makers who are drawing attention to an important issue – thank you):

Another film that features fluoroquinolone toxicity is a fiction (or whatever the equivalent word about films is) film called The East. I wrote about The East in the post, “Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Featured in the Movie ‘The East'”. Here is a trailer:

Please watch, and share, these films, and support the people who are making new films about (or featuring) fluoroquinolone toxicity – thank you!

*****

Tagged: , , , ,

7 thoughts on “Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Films

1. longkesh74 October 3, 2018 at 7:26 am Reply

Me too…
    Ex film industry
    Photographer and film cameraman

• Lisa October 3, 2018 at 7:43 am Reply

If you’re interested in working with any fellow “floxies” on a film, please let me know your contact info through the contact form above. Thanks so much, and I’m sorry that you are suffering from fluoroquinolone toxicity. 😦

2. joyridingm October 3, 2018 at 9:47 am Reply

My name is Joy Scott .I had been a Jockey for over 30 years. Prior I galloped on the race tracks in S Ca. Since the 70s . I went to Santa Anita at 15 1/2.  Trained horses and ponies by 12. I have a catastrophic accident at Santa Anita on 3/12/13. Broke my neck, back, concussion,  but these were secondary to the splintered femur sticking in my face. Shattered knee and femur with dirt mature and chemicals enclosed in the open wound. 2 months in the hospital 6 kinds of antibiotics including cipro which I took for another 6 months. Polyosteomialitas and polyfungaostomyalitas . I Have severe and frustrating symptoms. But due to the  severe trauma it not so clear where the panic , anxiety, nerve pain, severe grinding and clenching teeth, memory loss, headaches.  I don’t feel like me, who was tough as an anvil. And seemingly unshakeable mentally and fearless. Searching for myself, but I may have died or lost my now mangled leg.   Joy Scott

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

• longkesh74 October 3, 2018 at 12:32 pm Reply

Very sad to read your story..
      Sending blessings and strength.

• Ross Allan October 3, 2018 at 10:39 pm Reply

I had a fractured femur treated with a pin down the inside of most of the length of the bone and was on Cipro for a number of weeks after the operation. This happened in Jan-Feb 2016.

Overall my body developed a number of problems with pain and all sorts of things. My thigh has been a long term problem.

I sorted out most of everything except my thigh by changing my diet after reading a book called The Gut Balance Revolution. The aim has been to reestablish a healthy microbiome (good bacteria) in my intestinal system – this has worked well. I have also taken Para-Cleanse briefly to knock back the bad bacteria through my body. Nowadays I am taking turmeric(incl black pepper) tablets daily (reduces inflammation) and recently Ecklonia Cava after another sufferer from Cipro recommended it. I have no pain.

Read what Joanne Galias says about Ecklonia Cava on –

With regard to my thigh, there is a long term problem of an infection of Enterococcus Faecalis between the titanium pin and the inside of the femur. This infection has been leaking out into the thigh muscle and causing ponds of infected lymph fluid. This was diagnosed 3 months ago and I now have to take Amoxicillin tablets to contain the infection. This is working fairly well and I am gradually recovering my thigh muscle strength after losing it gradually after 2 1/2 years. This has caused me to study my protein diet which is necessary for muscle rebuilding.

It would appear to me that there is a major problem with metal implants into bones and infections. Also in my opinion the major problem after Cipro is an unhealthy microbiome which when combined with a bad diet is a disaster. Cipro has decimated the good bacteria in your body and the bad bacteria have become dominant.

I hope you get better.

Ross Allan, Napier, New Zealand

• Daniela October 4, 2018 at 9:03 am Reply

They are doing fecal microbiota transplant in Australia for rebalancing the gut. Do you have that available in NZ?

• Ross Allan October 7, 2018 at 10:40 pm

I do not think so. Our media is reporting tests with young people associated with the Universities in Auckland and Dunedin at the moment. Looking at web pages, it appears Australia is a few steps ahead.