Today, Friday November 9th 2018, is the first Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Awareness Friday. Please join me, and other fluoroquinolone toxicity awareness advocates, in spreading the news far and wide about the dangers of fluoroquinolones, and the devastation and destruction that fluoroquinolones have brought to too many lives.
Mark A Girard, fellow fluoroquinolone victim and advocate, posted this on his Facebook page(s):
Please join in as we do all sorts of things to raise awareness about FQs. We chose the final Friday before Antibiotic Awareness Week (Nov 12-19) so that people remember what they saw or read or heard when they see something else about antibiotics in the media. This is a genuine grass roots effort to get the help we need and deserve and to prevent others from suffering similar damage. We are hoping people will reach out to the media, to government agencies, to their friends and families and so on. We will be discussing all sorts of things people can do and of course everyone is encouraged to contribute in their own unique ways. Use your skills and your imagination and help us to build an annual tradition that makes a difference in more people’s lives each November. If you want, you can continue with awareness efforts all week long with me, but we are hoping to get something going where we all do something on Friday, whether it is to tell your story on your timeline or to share a favourite article, newscast or meme. It’s a Horton Hears a Who situation so please take some time and add your voice to the shouting and maybe they will finally hear us loud and clear. Thanks!
Please feel free to copy and paste it into your status, or, if you’re Facebook friends with Mark, please share it. Or you can let your friends and family know about Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Awareness Friday by sharing this post.
Some suggested things to share are:
- Amy Moser’s VIRAL post, “This Antibiotic Will Ruin You“
- Popular and influential news story – CBS Los Angeles, “Southland Firefighter Says Popular Antibiotic Poisoned His Body, His Life“
- Popular and influential news story – WSB TV 2 Atlanta, “Local woman says popular antibiotic killed her husband“
- In-depth investigative report – PBS Frontline Investigation, “Certain Antibiotics Spur Widening Reports of Severe Side Effects“
- News story out of Europe – Daily Mail, “Antibiotics got rid of her chest infection – but Jane says they destroyed her health“
- Story in the well-respected journal, Nature, “When antibiotics turn toxic“
- New York Times column, “Popular Antibiotics May Carry Serious Side Effects“
- Popular post on Floxie Hope, “FDA Announces that Permanent Peripheral Neuropathy is to be Added to Warning Labels for Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics“
- Popular post on Floxie Hope, “New Study Finds that Ciprofloxacin Depletes Mitochondrial DNA“
- Popular post on Floxie Hope, “Letter from Bayer to Doctors Regarding Cipro and Avelox“
There are links to hundreds of other articles and news stories on the “Links & Resources” page of this site.
Please share these, and anything else that brings attention to the devastating effects of fluoroquinolones, on social media, with your friends and family, with influential news organizations, with politicians, etc. Get the news out far and wide – THANK YOU!