Lisa’s Successor

As I described in my last post, I am retiring from Floxie Hope and handing the site over to someone else. That “someone else” is…..

Jason Sousa

Many of you know Jason through Facebook and other platforms.

I wanted to hand Floxie Hope over to a fellow floxie, and preferably one who has recovered. Jason meets those requirements. He was floxed in 2014 and recovered in 2019 through a variety of methods that he will surely tell you about as he publishes posts, podcasts, videos, etc.

Just as importantly (if not more so) I wanted to hand Floxie Hope over to someone who showed a desire to advocate for and be involved with the floxie community. Jason has shown that he wants to help people through fluoroquinolone toxicity by starting a Facebook group focused on recovery from fluoroquinolone toxicity (Healing Floxing from Fluoroquinolones), posting tips for recovery in that group, coaching people (he’ll tell you more about that), making videos on a variety of topics related to healing from fluoroquinolone toxicity (check them out – https://www.youtube.com/user/jaysousa88), and more.

You will get to know Jason as he starts posting here on Floxie Hope.

Jason wrote this introduction note:

Thank you Lisa for entrusting me to be the caretaker of Floxiehope. I can only hope to carry on your legacy and instill the hope you gave to so many like myself in your posts. From the beginning of my journey my goal was to give hope and inspire others with my story. Floxiehope has done just that for so many readers of the posts on the site. I will continue to advocate for others, post recovery stories and add so even more valuable content. I will be actively engaging with the community to find those who have recovered, interviewing doctors and scientist working on the topic and adding video content. I can only hope that I will have the support of the community to assist me in taking Floxiehope to the next level. Lisa, you will be missed from the community but from all of us that have crossed your path along the way we thank you so much for being a pillar of hope.

🙂 Thanks so much, Jason! 🙂

I anticipate that there will be many differences in style between me (Lisa) and Jason. He will focus more on videos and less on written posts, he has expressed desire to revive the podcast (sorry for letting that lapse so horribly), and the site will transition from my perspective to his. His perspective is different from mine – of course. His journey is different, and what he has to say and teach is different from what I have/had to say and teach.

I hope that you all welcome Jason to his new role as owner/creator/administrator/etc. of Floxie Hope.

As I mentioned in my last post, this transition is bittersweet and hard for me, but I am confident that Jason will shepherd the site well. He is passionate about helping people through fluoroquinolone toxicity, and I am confident that he will be great at it. I ask all my floxie friends and community members to be as kind and generous to Jason as you have been to me.

The transition will be gradual over the next few weeks. We plan to complete the transition before 12/31/2020. I’ll be supporting Jason through the transition, and as needed after 1/1/2021.

I am looking forward to seeing what Jason does with Floxie Hope, and which directions he takes the site in! He has a great energy and perspective, and a lot to teach and give. He’ll be great. 🙂

*****

Tagged: , ,

26 thoughts on “Lisa’s Successor

1. Lynda Ann Smith November 16, 2020 at 1:53 pm Reply

Why are you leaving, Lisa?

2. Claude November 16, 2020 at 2:15 pm Reply

Lisa thank you for all what you did for me and all of us

I biked more that 1000 miles this summer

God bless you Lisa

• Lisa November 16, 2020 at 5:16 pm Reply

You’re amazing, Claude! Congratulations! If you want to write your recovery story for this site, please send it to me or Jason. One of us can be reached through the Contact link on this site.

3. Chris November 16, 2020 at 3:24 pm Reply

Welcome Jason and thank you Lisa for standing up this site. I have helped folks as well and will continue to do so. This site really helped me get through and expose me to the real possibility of healing from this. Mine started in 2016 and I am at around 90% healed but still very sensitive to a lot of foods and beverages I used to eat and drink all the time. It’s sad to see you go but Jason sounds very capable.

I hope everyone was a great holiday coming up. Be safe everyone.

• Jason Sousa November 16, 2020 at 4:14 pm Reply

Hello Chris,
      Thank you so much for being apart of the Floxiehope. I hope to continue Lisa’s efforts and mission for Floxiehope in the next chapter of the site.
      -Jason

4. Robert November 16, 2020 at 4:16 pm Reply

You chose someone who is profiting off of floxies and has divided the Floxie community. What a disappointment. Really should be someone with no self interests.

• Robert G November 16, 2020 at 4:34 pm Reply

How is he making money off of floxies?

• Robert November 16, 2020 at 4:40 pm Reply

He sells his “health coaching” and SOLA Red lights to floxies.

• Lisa November 16, 2020 at 5:19 pm Reply

I’m sorry you feel negatively about Jason. I think that he’s knowledgeable and capable, and I hope that you give him a chance. His story is different from mine, and thus his recommendations are different, but I think they’re valuable – and worth money to those who want to pay for his services.

• Barbara Arnold November 16, 2020 at 11:37 pm Reply

Blimey Robert, with respect please at least give Jason a chance. All the work involved in managing a site like this takes up a lot of effort and time. I have no problem with anyone selling products that may help the floxie community while helping the floxie community. No one ‘has’ to buy anything, but its there if you want to. Everyone has to earn a living.
      I don’t know anything about Jason, so lets wait and see.

• Jason Sousa November 17, 2020 at 6:57 am Reply

Robert, my mission has always been to help. Going back to 2013 you can see many of my posts helping and supporting others. I became a health coach because I found it was my passion. I believe giving my knowledge and working with those who are newly floxed is priceless and I have been given the opportunity to help so many. I myself wish I had a person to support me and give me hope in my darkest times when I was forced to go from one unknowing doctor to another. My renewed passion in life is to give hope and knowledge so people can get better faster. A simple mission near and dear to my heart. I am truly sorry you do not feel the same.

• Eve M. November 17, 2020 at 12:41 pm Reply

I’m sorry but how has he divided us? As for your comment on profiting off of us, how so? He’s been giving us extremely helpful and positive FREE content for years. He was hit hard by Fluoroquinolones and decided to turn his trauma and hardships into something helpful for us. He has dedicated his life to helping others instead of disconnecting himself from everyone once he was better like a lot of floxies do. They can’t be bothered with the negativity now that they are doing well which I think is selfish. I would never turn my back on our community. My floxed journey has been a VERY rough one and has definitely changed my path in business and my overall outlook on life. I’ve helped lots of people with their health issues off of the things I’ve learned over the years in these groups and through my own research. I’ve gotten people out of wheelchairs and to survive cancer when given only 8 months to live. Love, empathy, determination and knowledge is what helps people in these situations. He’s giving us a gift, just as Lisa has. If he’s selling something that’s beneficial for us, so be it. Time is money and he has to pay bills like the rest of us. If we didn’t buy it from him you would be buying it from someone else. More than likely not a fellow floxie. I’d rather support him than some random trying to make a dime off of us. Good for you Jason for overcoming all you have and your willingness to fill in such big shoes with Floxie Hope. Lisa, you are amazing and you deserve nothing but the best. Hugs and love to you both on your new journey’s! Ignore the negative comments because you BOTH have helped save my life. I’m forever grateful. 🙏🏼💜💙

• Jason Sousa November 18, 2020 at 1:27 pm Reply

Eve, I wish I could give you a big hug. Comments like this keep me going and striving to help others.

5. Robert G November 16, 2020 at 4:18 pm Reply

Thank you Lisa and good luck on your next chapter. Thanks for making this site, it was invaluable to me during the worst of my floxing. Jason, thanks for keeping it going. I don’t check in much anymore, as I am recovered (floxed in October 2017, took about a year to fully recover), but I know your content will help hundreds and thousands of others!

• Lisa November 16, 2020 at 5:21 pm Reply

Thanks for your well wishes, Robert G, and congratulations on your healing! If you are interested in sharing your recovery story, please let either me or Jason know through the Contact link on this site. Thank you!!

6. Patricia Gleason November 16, 2020 at 6:53 pm Reply

Lisa,

I wish you well as you go forward, and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

When I was in the depths of despair and fearing for my life, you gave me hope. I took a great deal of comfort in the personal messages you sent me during the darkest of days, and I will never forget your kindness.

Bless you. The world needs more Lisas. I hope your life is filled with new adventures, love, and the best of health.

All the best to you,

Patricia

• Lisa November 16, 2020 at 7:26 pm Reply

Thank you so much, Patricia! I am so glad that I could help and give you hope during your difficult journey! It is my pleasure, and an honor. Huge hugs, my friend!

7. Barbara Arnold November 16, 2020 at 11:40 pm Reply

Welcome Jason. You have big shoes to fill, so I for one wish you lots of luck and thankyou for taking up a really important site for floxies.

• Jason Sousa November 17, 2020 at 7:00 am Reply

Barbara, thank you so much for your kind words. I am in agreement, I have big shoes to fill for sure. I will continue Lisa’s mission and bring Floxiehope to the next chapter.

8. Mark November 17, 2020 at 1:20 pm Reply

Hi Lisa and Jason, why was the following comment posted yesterday by someone named Lisa deleted from Ian’s recovery story? I greatly appreciate everyone’s hard work and hope everyone has a full recovery as fast as possible, just looking for transparency. Thanks.

“Floxies should know, not all have had a good experience with this doctor. I personally know some who got much worse. I also know he keeps his IV protocol secret to “keep the market” but his IV’s are not anything unusual and you can find for much cheaper by doctors close to home. He also does keep those who have had bad experiences from speaking out and rewards those who speak out with discounts. Happy for Ian but floxies need the whole truth. Also, Jason’s (Below) FB purpose is to recruit business for himself and Dr Gahlili so floxies should know that too.”

• Jason Sousa November 18, 2020 at 1:27 pm Reply

Hey Mark, the last statement in that quoted message is super hurtfull and honestly wrong. I would ask that person provide proof of these claims.

9. Kay U November 17, 2020 at 2:13 pm Reply

This is 100% accurate. I have two friends who Jason convinced that his Beverly Hills partner could heal them. 20k later, one was worse and one no change. What’s worse is they were not allowed to share this info with anyone. Negative comments are deleted so I’m sure this will be the last open comments we’ll be seeing before Jason takes over and removes them. Floxie hope will be just another way to advertise for their very overpriced and overhyped business. Jason and his partner are banned from many of the FQ FB groups. Best of luck to Lisa!

• Jason Sousa November 18, 2020 at 1:19 pm Reply

I am sorry you feel that way but I collaborate with many doctors and people devoted to helping the cause. I’ve flown all over the country this year getting doctors together and sharing insights and hope for the future. This is my mission and has been for 7 years. I am not partners with the aforementioned doctor and it really does hurt that you would assume that. Please reach out to me personally if you would like to discuss that further. If not I would assume by not hearing from you that you stand by a false assumption. Moreover, the Facebook group we have created has many healing stories from many people healed by doctors or on their own. We ensure to only harness a positive environment. Finally, Lisa entrusted me to carry Floxiehope into the next chapter and I believe she saw integrity and devotion to the cause in my approach.

10. Mariaan November 17, 2020 at 9:44 pm Reply

Hi welcome Jason. Remember us floxies that are hard of hearing when videos are made. Be blessed.

• Jason Sousa November 18, 2020 at 1:00 pm Reply

Thanks Mariaan, I will make sure we add closed captioning as well. I hope to bring Floxiehope into the next chapter with more content for its followers. Stay tuned.