Floxie Hope

Floxie.Hope.1800.72.dpi

This site is to give HOPE to those who are suffering from Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome as a result of being poisoned by fluoroquinolone antibiotics – Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox, Floxin, etc.  It contains stories of healing.

Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox and all other fluoroquinolones are dangerous drugs that can have devastating effects that cumulatively I’ll refer to as Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome or Floxing.  Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome/Floxing includes damage to connective tissue (tendons, ligaments, cartilage, fascia, etc.) throughout the body, damage to the nervous systems (central, peripheral and autonomic), and more. The damage done by fluoroquinolone antibiotics can destroy a person’s quality of life or even kill them. Certainly, there is a time and a place for drugs with dangerous side effects. If you find yourself in a septic shock induced coma, fluoroquinolones may save your life. Unfortunately, these drugs are not being reserved for life or death situations. People are being prescribed them for urinary tract infections, suspected prostate infections, upper respiratory infections, as a prophylactic for travelers’ diarrhea, ear infections, pink eye, etc. Thousands of people have suffered needlessly from the devastating effects of fluoroquinolone antibiotics, when another, safer antibiotic could have, and should have, been used.

The damage done by fluoroquinolones is largely unacknowledged by the medical establishment and an accurate diagnosis, compensation and relief are difficult to come by. There is no known cure for Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome/Floxing.  However, many people continue to LIVE after being poisoned by fluroquinolones.  They find healing, recovery, perseverance, compassion and hope.  These are their stories.

This site is meant to give hope for healing to those who are adversely effected by fluoroquinolones.  It is no way meant to disregard the pain of those who are chronically suffering from the horrifying effects of Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox or the other fluoroquinolones.  There are people who don’t recover.  Their stories are real and they matter.  There are also people who are able to recover and I share their stories with the hope that they inspire others, or at least give hope that recovery is possible.

Here is a New York Times article about the dangers of fluoroquinolone antibiotics – http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/popular-antibiotics-may-carry-serious-side-effects/?_r=0 – more news stories, research papers and other resources can be found on the “Links and Resources” page.

Here is a Facebook group that is a great resource for those going through Fluoroquinolone Toxicity – https://www.facebook.com/groups/floxies/

Featured post – I’m floxed. Now what?

The Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Solution Ebook has helped many Floxies to recover, including DanielCindy and Ruth.  As a bonus, you will also receive The Floxie Food Guide – a book of diet guidelines to help you through fluoroquinolone toxicity:

16,355 thoughts on “Floxie Hope

1. Andrea August 5, 2017 at 1:09 pm Reply

Hi everyone. I’m Andrea and I’m from Italy. I took six pills of ten I was prescribed of Chinoplus 600mg (Prulifloxacin) on December 2016, for a suspected urinary tract infection, even tough the urine test was negative, the doctor tought it was wise to prescibe it to me anyway. As a result it’s been almost 8 months of pain,discomfort,fear and anger. I feel pain on my ankles, Achilles tendons, shin bones and quad muscle. I’ve done general blood tests, endocrine tests, ultrasound scan,MRI and they all came negative. I’ve tried different supplements, magnesium citrate, vit.d,vit.b complex. I’ve also tried magnesium oil to apply on the skin,but nothing seemed to help. I’d like to know if someone could suggest me any other test I should do. Is there a test to see if my mitochondrial DNA is damaged, or what test I should do to see any nerve damage? Thank you so much to anyone who’s gone to answer. Oh…and I’d too like to help if I could. Feel free to ask me anything. I apologize for my broken english… Andrea.

• Theresa August 27, 2017 at 8:33 am Reply

Have you looked into the Terry Wahls protocol? You can search for information on it on this site.

2. Andrea August 5, 2017 at 1:21 pm Reply

P.S a few months ago I bought the fluoroquinolone toxicity solution, so at least I doumented myself about these nasty “antibiotics”, but the saddest part is to see how ignorant and doubtful most of the doctors are when it comes to listen to this problem. I feel so alone…

• Madge hirsch August 5, 2017 at 2:36 pm Reply

Ciao Andrea- you are not alone. There are thousands of us. The leg pain is suffered by many of us. Although it might not be of much comfort at the moment 8 months is not very long in floxing time. Many people improve with time but often one has to count in years rather than months. I was 2 years out from my last pill of Cipro last week and I have spent this week icing my Achilles tendons as I pulled the left one just getting up from a kneeling position and the right one is hurting due to limping because I have plantar fascitis in the right foot! But overall I can see improvement though it is gradual and peppered with relapses.
      There is little point in getting loads of tests. I think it is important to have liver and kidney function tests perhaps on a yearly basis to make sure there is no deterioration in their function. There is zilch that allopathic docs can do to help us and interacting with them is stressful because of their ignorance . Give up on them.
      I take vits b d and c, ubiquinol, magnesium citrate and threonate,curcumin , cod liver, a probiotic and NAC. I think the curcumin has helped with anxiety and the probiotic has definitely improved my bowel function. Ihave just started on marine collagen . I think I would be worse without the supplements but I can’t know for sure. I am sure that having a good level of vit d is vital for overall health .
      The anger is normal and is very difficult to let go of ( I know I have not managed to yet) but it can also like fear worsen the physical symptoms. You need to think positive thoughts if possible and tell yourself that you will get better. Even if we cannot return to the prefloxed state we can improve.
      You have absolutely nothing to apolgise for – your English is very good! Bon courage as we say here in France!

• Andrea August 6, 2017 at 8:46 am Reply

Hello Madge, and thank you for the kind reply. One thing I forgot and I should add to my original post, is that 3 months ago I’ve also tried glutathione IV, I’ve done 4 IV in a month, one every week, but , in my case,it was a total waste of time and money…I’m sorry to bring this kind of negative attitude on this website, but it’s now clear to me that I’ll never be the same I was before the poisoning.
        You’ve mentioned Ubiquinol. I’m interested in trying the MitoQ supplement. I’ve read positive reviews about it,but they also say it could have many side effects, some of them really nasty, so I don’t know,
        Anyway, I understand when you say that there’s little point in doing many tests. But one thing I’d like to do,is a muscolar biopsy and a DNA test,wich I’m not sure if there’s such a thing for our issue. I need to talk to a really good neurologist. Thank you again. And feel free to ask me anyhting you want, I’d be glad to help,if I can. Bye!

3. FrankB August 5, 2017 at 9:42 pm Reply

Thanks everyone for the replies.Nicole I would definitely consider
    giving the Colostrum a try.Start small.If you think you’re
    getting a reaction continue on anyway.I got a reaction but it subsided
    and then after two weeks if I remember correctly I started feeling much better.It helped me big time with every area,
    nerves,muscles,etc.Even helped me with this sensation I get with
    a bad flare where I feel like my whole body is on fire,I think it
    may be a histamine reaction.Feels sort of like a niacin flush.Itchy forearms,
    and calves.It’s pure hell.Nerves?
    I don’t know why this stuff made me feel better. I don’t think it repaired
    my gut in anyway but instead raised my glutathione levels like whey protein.
    But I’m just guessing

Don’t give up!

Love and prayers to you all,
    Frank

• Nicole Reedy August 6, 2017 at 8:58 am Reply

Thanks Frank and I must have been having ESP thoughts from you this morning as I picked up my bottle of Colostrum for some reason with feelings I should try this again.
      I also get the all over burning fire form heck as well! Even though I have had other bad side affects with this relapse that is one I have had the most over & over in my 18 months of this floxing. And yes even though the burning can be unbearable I get itchy as well.
      I had thougth this was PN but have been told it is not. Maybe why when we get nerve tests nothing shows up.
      The histamine reaction makes since as a lot of Floxies seem to benefit from antihistamines?!
      I will try Colostrum again.
      It is hard to keep fighting sometimes, especially at 66. I just get tired of taking supplements, NP treatments, and being looked at like a nut when I question everything a doctor or NP wants me to take.
      I see a psychologist over this as I just fall apart at times. She has a health condition that was not recognized at one point and she said I have to remember that we floxies are pioneers at the moment and all will be known in time. She also told me that no one knows how a medicine or supplement will react on our floxied bodies so we just need to use our instincts.
      When I was given a CBD patch with lidocaine I just had a feeling I should not take it but when they put the Alcaine drops in my eyes they did not even tell me what they were doing!
      I also think maybe where our body is at the time might have something to do with having a reaction. The Caines do not bother L but she has really been on top of healing her body.
      I had been through months of stress and had stopped most of my supplements because I was just tired of it all and wanted to be normal. I was not even taken my mag. for a while.
      I know we say maybe all the supplements don’t help but I believe they do.
      I just feel a lot of the time it is in God’s hands but I guess it doesn’t hurt to help him a bit.
      Thanks to you and everyone else that helps on here as we would not know what to do without each others experiences.
      Before we had a place to go we would have just been tested to death and given more Poison!
      Hugs & God bless to you all today!
      Nicole

4. Penny Franklin August 6, 2017 at 3:52 pm Reply

Has anyone here had significant throat pain? It feels like nerve pain around my voice box. Sometimes my voice goes hoarse.

• L August 6, 2017 at 4:39 pm Reply

I had more of a pressing sensation around my throat. At my worst it was pretty horrific. Bolted upright in bed from my sleep feeling like I was being strangled. But I wouldn’t call it pain…just severe pressure. I also suspected it was more nerve damage since I had so much. I have had a few recurrences of it but never as bad, more just annoying. I suspect my phosphatidylcholine IVs have helped in it going away.

5. FrankB August 6, 2017 at 8:52 pm Reply

Okay,so yesterday I was over my sister’s house and she made dinner for me.
    There was steak,asparagus,and fresh mozzarella cheese,you know the wet
    kind,sliced and placed on top of fresh sliced tomatoes from her garden,on top of that
    some olive oil with fresh basil.Two hours after dinner I started feeling relief
    from pain.I thought to myself,”Was it the steak?” Doubtful,I eat steak all the time.
    So today I went out and bought a ball of some fresh mozzarella and eat the whole
    thing in one sitting.That was at noon,and so far my pain has been reduce by 70-80%!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone have any theories? Was my calcium low? Did the sodium bicarbonate
    lower it? I have had blood work that showed my calcium to be high at one point(now normal.)
    Or did the cheese give the same effect as colostrum?
    I’m lost.There most be some way we can plug in all the data,and come up with
    an answer to this riddle of pain that we are all experiencing.

• L August 6, 2017 at 9:18 pm Reply

well that’s a mystery. I would have guessed the fresh basil or olive oil (and that all made me hungry even though I just ate.) IF anything I think most of us have problems with cheese. In fact, I mostly switched to goat’s milk cheese. It is infuriating to never know WHAT caused and relapse and WHAT made us feel better. But hey, keep eating the cheese if it seems to help!

6. Andrea August 7, 2017 at 3:46 am Reply

Hi guys, some time ago I found this article on this website, here’s the link :

It’s about a relatively new study about this supplement (Cicatendon), that supposedly helps tendon healing. So a few weeks ago, I ordered it, both capsules and gel.
    It’s been almost 2 weeks since i started using it, and,while the gel, used directly on the skin, SLIGHTLY relieves some pain for maybe an hour or so, I didn’t noticed anything from the capsules. Of course is way too early to judge, I know, but recently,and maybe It’s just a coincidence,the pain in my legs is getting worse. At first I didn’t linked the pain to the supplement. But after reading a lot about what fluoroquinolones do to our sytem, I found out, and maybe I’m wrong about this one, that they cause symptoms similar to an autoimmune disease. So I googled Spirulina (wich is one of the main ingredient of Cicatendon) and autoimmune disease, and I discovered a few sources, such as this one :

saying you shouldn’t take spiruline if you have an autoimmune disease, because “Theoretically, it could stimulate your immune system and make your condition worse.”
    I don’t what to think. Could a supplement that should help tendon healing, making it worse? Let me know what you guys think. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    For now, I suspended it and I’ll see what happens. I’ll keep you updated 🙂

Andrea.

P.S.
    I hope I didn’t do anything wrong by posting links on this website.

• L August 7, 2017 at 9:03 am Reply

Hi Andrea. I can see why you make the connection between flq toxicity and autoimmune disease. The former is often mistaken for the latter by doctors who cannot believe that their precious Cipro or Levaquin could possibly do so much damage. I and am sure many many floxies are tested for autoimmune for that very reason. That was one of the first tests I was given. My tests came up negative.

While both involve mitochondrial damage, I do not believe they are “in the same family,” therefore I do not think the spirulina warning for those with autoimmune would necessarily be applicable to floxies for the same reason. On the other hand, since we are all so different, it is of course possible that someone with flq toxicity could react badly to spirulina. (I see a half used bottle in my “stash” of supplements, so I think I took some early on. If I recall, I stopped only because I was on SO many supplements, and I wasn’t sure if it was helping.) I think the bigger concern might be, as pointed out several times in the article, that the source be reputable because of possible toxins.

If you are specifically looking for something for damaged tendons, I would look into prolozone or prolotherapy. These are similar but with different components. I can’t tell you anything personally about the latter, but I did have prolozone injections in both knees for torn meniscus post-Cipro. They work by stimulating your body to heal itself. It has been about 8 months and so far my knees feel very good. The prolozone is ozone and procaine, an anesthetic. (It is actually not for the pain so much as it helps the ozone enter the tissue.) I know some have had a problems with different topical anesthetics, but luckily I have had none.

• Andrea August 7, 2017 at 1:56 pm Reply

Hi L and thank you for sharing your thoughts.
        You gave me some precious informations, especially the autoimmune disease test part, Could you please tell me what kind of test have you done specifically?

I was also already interested in prolotherapy, because the theory of your body healing itself after an irritant stimulation seems interesting,but after reading a lot about it, I’ve come to the conclusion that it could be just another expensive snake oil thing. I don’t know, and I don’t mean any disrespect to anyone who tried it and found it beneficial. But spending lots of money just for some sugar solution injections seems a little suspicious to me.Plus there’s limited evidence about its benefits.But who knows…maybe I’m wrong.

Anyway I didn’t know about the prolozone therapy,and I’m glad to read it worked for you 🙂 , I’ll look into it,

Another thing I was interested in, after discarding the idea of prolotherapy, was PRP, what do you think about it? Thank you again!

• L August 7, 2017 at 2:57 pm

THere is a whole panel of tests a main one is called ANA which tests for antibodies. THere is also one for rheumatoid arthritis and others. Any doctor could order the panel AS for prolotherapy it has been used for over 40 years. I do not believe it is snake oil. Even though the mixture sounds so simple. PRP I think is likely also good but I have no prtsonal experience with it—-just the prolozone. If you don’t have an integrative MD who does these, many sports doctors do now.

7. Injae August 8, 2017 at 11:16 pm Reply

I’m 3 months out from cipro. My main symptom is twithching and little vibrations. My question is that is there anyone who recovered from this? I also have moving toe that is constatly twitching. Though the intensity of twitching and vibrating and moving toe got better. it’s not gone yet.

• L August 8, 2017 at 11:28 pm Reply

I had to fingers on one hand that twitched uncontrollably. They spasmed so wildly that if I TRIED to make them do it I couldn’t. For me, that went away, although those two fingers don’t seem quite right—like if I try to catch something they don’t seem to grab on effectively. ANyhow the spasming for me last about a few months.

• Injae August 8, 2017 at 11:39 pm Reply

Thanks for the comment. I hope mine goes away too. and I think it will because the intensity got much less.

• Kurt August 24, 2017 at 1:10 pm Reply

Hi Injae,

I’m confident the vibrations and twitching will get better. I’ve had the vibrations for well over a year but they are MUCH better. I only notice them every once in a while now. My twitching is still there but also feels better. They are mainly now in my lower legs, but still pop-up randomly all over my body.

8. E August 9, 2017 at 4:46 pm Reply

Does anyone know if antifungal foot sprays with ingredients like Tolnaftate,terbinafine, or miconazole are safe to use? I’ve tried all natural remedies for the past 4 weeks and no luck with getting rid of it and dont want it to get worse.

• L August 9, 2017 at 4:49 pm Reply

I don’t but have you tried oil of oregano?

• E August 9, 2017 at 4:56 pm Reply

Yep I’m using tea tree, oil of oregano, acv, coconut oil, foot soaks, and a couple different things but it just hasn’t been working. I think I’m dealing with athletes foot or ring worm. I’m gonna keep at it for a few more days but if it doesn’t work I’m gonna have to try one of the sprays

• L August 9, 2017 at 5:00 pm

I’d speak with a naturopath. There are also IV therapies that might be able to help

• Ryan L August 9, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Consider trying emuaid. This is a homeopathic rub that contains Argentum Metallicum (Among other natural ingredients). I’ve used this for various skin ailments and have not had a negative reaction to it. Just do your own research on it before proceeding.

Next, I’d suggest sitting with your foot higher than your heart if you can sit comfortably. The same would be true for sleeping at night (Raising your foot above your heart with pillows). This will improve circulation to your feet and aid in your body fighting the ailment.

9. FrankB August 9, 2017 at 5:42 pm Reply

E This might sound strange,but have you tried using bleach? Of course you would
    want it very diluted,about two cap fulls per foot pan and only soak your foot for 5 minutes
    a day.I had athletes foot as a teen and I tried every over and under med to cure it.
    Then my father told my mother that when he was in the Army they used diluted bleach
    soaks.Gave it a shot and it was gone after two days and it never came back.You may
    also want to try soaking in a magnesium bath.While treating my flox symptoms with magnesium soaks,I accidentally discovered that it cured my fungus nails after about a month of soaking. I was using magnesium chloride flakes in the bath.

• Joanneg August 9, 2017 at 7:07 pm Reply

Hey Ryan I was wondering how you got along with formigenes ??

• Ryan L August 9, 2017 at 7:52 pm Reply

Hey Joanne,

It actually arrived in a normal shipping container, and since it did not include any type of cold storage, I just assumed that the bacteria probably didn’t make it intact from China to the USA (oxalobacter formigenes is required to stay cold). Thus, I figured there was no point in taking a dead probiotic. Since that time, I came across Elixa probiotics through Daniel L’s story. What I like about this brand is not just the quantity of probiotics, but the encapsulation technology (Fortress Five) which helps it to remain intact past the stomach (Bypassing the stomach acid) and then it releases the good bacteria into the intestines. I’ve had some improvements since starting that.

I hope you’re continuing to improve. God Bless.

Ryan

• Joanneg August 9, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Hi Ryan, good to hear from you😊 Sorry they weren’t shipped properly and you didn’t even get a chance to try them! I also tried Elixa along with a bunch of other probiotics. The one that works best for me is vsl. Here’s a study showing how vsl can help reduce oxalates which that’s what the o formigenes bacteria are known for. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20224931

10. Ursula August 18, 2017 at 2:20 am Reply

Thoughts on all types of ozone therapies? Also hyperbaric oxygen? Also cbd oil?

• Barbara Arnold August 18, 2017 at 3:41 am Reply

Hi Ursula, I had ozone autohemotherapy and I believe it really helped me. There were moments I felt completely normal, but it is not a cure as I found out later, it’s just another tool to use in the path to healing. After a really bad relapse from a nerve test, which turned out that my nerves were not, according to them damaged, the ozone really helped. I may have some more in the future. At the moment I am on a protocol of mag, Curcumin, zinc, multivit,VitC, MSM, Astaxanthin, biotin. I am completely gluten sugar free. I drink red wine, and the odd brandy, both are natural and good for you in moderation. After being floxed nearly three years ago I gained 35 Ib, so far now I have lost 27lbs and still going. I feel so much better in many ways. The only symptom left is fibro like pains in my legs and feet, but during the day they hardly bother me. It’s during the night they wake me up several times and can be anything from level 4 to level 9, with 10 being the worst. During the day they are around 1 to 3. I believe these to, will improve over time. From being in a wheelchair when this first began with a crop of horrible symptoms, to today, I am 95 % better. Hope this helps and you all continue to heal xx

• L August 18, 2017 at 6:10 am Reply

I have personally had none but thumbs up on all of them. The only reason the doctor (ND didn’t use ozone on me is because I was getting H2O2 IVs and he said there was a lot of overlap. The new doctor has been URGING me to do hyperbaric but I am just too claustrophobic. If I wasn’t I would do it in a heartbeat. Also heard good things on CBD oil

11. Barbara Arnold August 18, 2017 at 6:31 am Reply

I would do hyperbaric too, but can’t find it in Spain. Also CBD oil read lots of good stuff about both.

12. Edie August 20, 2017 at 4:12 am Reply

Hello everyone. I am glad I found this site. I’m 4 months out from my last cipro pill. I guess compared to others, I’m pretty mildly floxed. My symptoms were mostly peripheral neuropathy related. I got random burning on my torso. pins and needles etc. after 4 months, all of my other symptom has gone away, except for the mild buzzing, vibrating feeling in my hand and feet. sometimes it feels like electrical current moving in and out. it is not painful or anything but it is annoying. Fortunately, the intensity of this sensation eased down a lot. but it is with me 24/7 throughout the day. I’m wondering if it’s constant like this, will it ever go away completely? Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Debs August 26, 2017 at 2:51 am Reply

Hi Edie,

I have been in this world a very long while, having been floxed multiple times & I just wanted to let you know here that at 4 months out, it may well get worse before it stabilises & then starts eventually improving & heading in the healing direction .
      One of the insidious ways this class of so called ‘ antibiotic’ injury can present is with delayed ADRs which can potentially be delayed for many months. I am not saying this to scare you, but just to inform, so you can keep a weather eye out for other symptoms potentially showing up, & also so that it does not come as a horrible shock to you if they do. This does not happen to everyone who is floxed, so you may well be fine in regards to this aspect, it is however quite a common presentation.
      I had new symptoms showing up for on average around 18 months after my floxings . I eventually reached i FELT full recovery after my original floxing after many years. & I also FELT I reached around 80% from another floxing, & even after my 7th floxing I have still improved immensely from my very worse in many ways .
      I personally feel it is better not to try to put yourself into any category of floxing, one reason being because of these potential delayed ADRs, no one knows until much further down the floxing timeline how they may eventually be affected & the fact that everyones floxing timeline is completely unique to them.

13. FrankB August 20, 2017 at 9:08 am Reply

I had a bad relapse from using CBD oil last year.I suspect it was from the
    carrier oil that they use.I tried two reputable brands.I will not
    try it again until I can get a high CBD strain of MJ flower.
    Still illegal here in NY.I hate this state.

14. Andrea August 23, 2017 at 7:02 am Reply

Hi everyone. I was thinking to add GABA to my current stack, since I’ve learned that FQ mess up your GABA receptors, any thoughts or experience about that? Thanks.

• L August 23, 2017 at 10:25 am Reply

I have heard both pros and cons and I think it may be an individual thing. You might want to experiment with a low dose and see how you do. Personally, I did try it early on when the anxiety was through the roof. It didn’t seem to bother me, but it didn’t help with the anxiety…however I think others took it for pain relief.

15. David August 25, 2017 at 4:40 pm Reply

It’s a magnesium deficiency ! Many Doctors know that now. Cipro and that family of drugs depletes magnesium at the cellular level.

You need 1000 mg a day taken with calcium.
    I was in a wheelchair for five months . Google symptoms of magnesium deficiency. You will see all the symptoms we suffer.

• L August 25, 2017 at 4:42 pm Reply

It does deplete magnesium but that is just a part of the problem.

• Steph OG August 25, 2017 at 4:59 pm Reply

David yes it part of the problem but I personally get zero benefit from pill form of magnesium. My body has no benefit from supplements I take natural probiotics and have been told there is no way to know what the complete damage is with out exploratory surgery. The truth that is exposed from being floxie is that why helps one can harm or have zero impact on another. I will not let them treat me like a lab rat

• Debs August 26, 2017 at 12:33 am Reply

The magnesium chelating properties of the FQs is very important, however it is just one part of this horrendously complicated FQ toxicity puzzle, it is not the be all & end all.
      Their are various other factors playing into this, those such as genetics, prior health status, existing health conditions, age, environmental insults already present & how well the individual metabolises that FQ etc etc . This situation is horrendously complicated .

The FQs are actually failed chemo drugs, they are topoisomerase inhibitors. Topoisomerase enzymes are essential for the maintenance of the structural health of the DNA & mitochondria of cells.
      The early research studies showed massive injuries to animals, but the possibility of long term injury to human DNA / mitochondria was not followed up properly in research.
      Unfortunately the FQs cannot tell the difference between bacterial DNA & our own, & thus act at a DNA / mitochondrial level in respect to to all cells, systemically & indiscriminately.

The QuinoLINE ring, the nucleus,the pharmacophore of the drug is seriously inherently defective. The original non fluorinated Quinolones also seriously damaged many people. That nucleus is also the nucleus for several antimalarials, Quinine mefloquine , the 4-aminoquinolies & the 8-aminoquinolines. We can if we look see our various injuries in various patterns in those various drugs with that quinoLINE nucleus way back in time, right back to synthetic Quinine, in itself a very nasty drug with some very familiar ADRs ..
      the FQs are also based on the compound Nalidixic acid, a known documented carcinogen something which imho does not help, not one little bit.

With the addition of fluorine to the pharmacophore of the drug, one thing this resulted in was enhanced bioavailability, thus allowing the active ingredient of the drug far greater & easier access into places in the body it had not been before, including far easier crossing of the blood-brain barrier. The addition of fluorine to that quinoline ring turned an already very dangerous quinolone into an atomic bomb FQ .

As someone who has been in this weird parallel world we inhabit more than a little while, I would recommend doing some much deeper research into the multifactorial aspects of this subject David. Imho we do not know all the questions to ask yet, let alone have the answer/s to this. We are getting closer every day that passes however to teasing out various whys & wherefores. of this crime against humanity.

I would personally recommended exploring this site .

• Debs August 26, 2017 at 1:13 am Reply

A point of note. I eventually FELT fully recovered from my original floxing after many years. & I also reached I FELT around 80% recovered from another floxing,.
        I reached this stage without changing a thing, neither diet, supplement or otherwise , as I did not know at the time what had happened to me, I am not the only one , many of us have been floxed in the past & only in hindsight when hit again do we join the dots.

Supplementation with Magnesium for me played no part in my own improvement, I cannot tolerate any form of supplemental magnesium. I was in fact further injured from an epsom salts bath which caused a relapse which then took me no less than a year to improve to baseline from, so please be very careful out there re trying any new supplement / protocol etc. I would recommend starting low & slow at first & with just one thing at a time, in order that if you do react negatively you can tell what was responsible. please keep in mind at all times, something which has been shown time & time again in our many support groups the fact that something which can help one or even many people, can potentially harm others.

16. Thomas Sealy August 25, 2017 at 5:35 pm Reply

Aloha, I recently finished a 10 day dosage of Ciprofloxacin 500mg x2 daily. (Aug 2017). I now have very painful Achilles. I found your website and am now starting ReMag. I am a 64 year old male with no health issues and I walk 5-6 miles each day. I can’t walk very far now. I also use ice packs on my ankles which are elevated above my heart. I consider myself fairly healthy eating only natural foods for many years (fruits, veggies, salmon, sardines, greek yogurt, multivitamin, Vita D3-2000 and Kim-Chee). I don’t do social media but this website seems to be very helpful. Any advice appreciated.
    Mahalo, Thomas, Hawaiian Islands.

• L August 26, 2017 at 12:16 am Reply

Aloha Thomas. You’re doing everything right. Good on the mag and the kim chee—all fermented foods are helpful as are probiotics—something with multiple strains and 50 billion cfu. The gut issues are connected to so much, even things you wouldn’t think were connected. Luckily you don’t have to worry about fluoridated water in Hawaii. (I used to live there and have family there.) Fluoride is one reason this stuff is so toxic, and something to avoid. I would baby your ankles for now. Sadly, ruptures can happen at any time, but I would be especially careful for the first 6 months especially. Should you discover you do have tendon issues, I would look into prolozone injections. (I got them for torn meniscus post-Cipro) IT helps your body heal itself and you DO NOT want to get any steroid injections. Steroids exacerbate fluoroquinolone toxicity.

17. Thomas August 25, 2017 at 5:40 pm Reply

Can anyone recommend a good quality probiotic?

18. Thomas Sealy August 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm Reply

Aloha,

What can I consume to relieve constipation? I finished a 10 Day dose of Ciprofloxacin on Aug 13th. I am currently on ReMag,Vita D3, Kim Chee, Greek Yogurt, Papaya & Prunes to no avail. Any suggestions?

• L August 26, 2017 at 5:35 pm Reply

I had the opposite problem. If you upped your mag (especially citrate) that might help. It has been recommended to take as much as 800 mg daily in the early floxing stages. (In fact I was on 800mg for most of the first year.)

19. Jennifer August 29, 2017 at 1:05 am Reply

I come back to this site everytime i feel the pain I know is caused from taking cipro. As we speak I am have a flare up, it’s been 6 months since I felt this bad. It’s been 2 years since I got sick off of the medicane. I had more coffee then usual today and I know my body feels way worse after caffeine. My body hurts, it feels like I have arthritis and I’m only 26, my toes and wrists crack. It’s just terrible. Especially when I explain to someone why I have intense pain sometimes in my arms and such, they just think I’m crazy for saying I had an adverse reaction to a drug years ago. So then I come to this website wondering if it’s still here. People used to tell me I will heal on this site. And I’m still praying I will heal completely. I did have a healthy beautiful daughter during this time. I remember being concerned about being pregnant immediately after I got poisoned. going through comments doesn’t make me feeel alone!

• L August 29, 2017 at 8:57 am Reply

The next someone questions the fact that you are experiencing pain or other side effects so far past the date of taking the pills, share this with them from Dr Jay Cohen’s book “How We Can Halt the Cipr and Levaquin Catastrophe: The Worst Medication Disaster in US History” : “To say a side effect cannot persist after a drug has exited the human system is total ignorance of basic pharmacology. The entire field of toxicology is predicated on the fact that many drugs have toxic effects that last long after the drugs have exited…eg liver failure from…liptor…what is so hard to understand about that?” (p 72)

I too am having a flare of a couple side effects—breathing “glitches” and the sensation of being strangled. My tinnitus is also worse. I am about 2 1/2 years out. It’s frustrating, I know, because except for the tinnitus I thought the others had gone completely away.

Someone you might want to look into is prolozone therapy. These are injections of ozone and procaine (This anesthetic is not used so much as an anesthetic as to help effect the delivery of the ozone.) I had it injected in my knees post Cipro for torn meniscus. It is also used though for areas of arthritis pain, damaged tendons, etc. It helps the body heal itself. Mine was done by a naturopath but many sports medicine doctors are now using it.

• Madge hirsch August 31, 2017 at 6:11 am Reply

Hi Jennifer -Two years is not that long unfortunately in ”floxworld”. You still have a good chance you will heal especially as you are young. I was floxed when I was much younger though I had no idea at the time and I recovered eventually doing nothing but it took several years even though I was not severely hit. Do not give up hope and reject all FQs in future.

20. Thomas Sealy August 29, 2017 at 7:12 am Reply

Aloha, Any suggestions on how to relieve constipation after being on Ciprofloxacin for 10 days?

21. Thomas Sealy August 29, 2017 at 11:57 am Reply

Aloha, Is it ok to use a jacuzzi for ankle pain post-Ciprofloxacin? The water in Hawaii is not fluoridated. Mahalo, Thomas

• L August 29, 2017 at 12:05 pm Reply

I personally don’t see why you couldn’t, since my main concern would be fluoridation, which you don’t have. I would try it for a short time as a “test.”

22. mikey3582 August 29, 2017 at 8:38 pm Reply

I wanted to ask everyone: at any point during the suffering of your symptoms, were you extremely anxious and fearful of having some other serious disease or condition?

Several months ago at the end of March/beginning of April I consumed 2 pills of Cipro, which I stopped, and then a few weeks later, consumed a full 10-day course of Levo. I did have aches at first, but no severe symptoms. After a few weeks of stopping, it seemed like the symptoms went away.

Then about a month later I started having weird episodes where both my arms suddenly would go numb for a minute, and I started having painless twitching all over my body.

It still wasn’t all that bad, but then at the end of July I went on a whale-watching trip where I became violently motion sick, and during the moments I was hurling, I had a brief period of about 30 seconds where my entire body went numb and tingly.

It seems as if that episode on the boat “triggered” something, because as soon as I returned from the trip, I all of a sudden had extreme weakness, muscle fatigue, muscle soreness, tremors, etc., and they haven’t gotten much better in the last month.

I’ve honestly been scared because while I know it’s far more likely for me to have been adversely affected by the fluoroquinolones I took, I still can’t shake the fear that I might have some awful disease like ALS.

It’s been driving me crazy because all of the tests I’ve gotten as well as an MRI haven’t found anything, but ALS also can’t be “detected” at its early stages. Has this same anxiety been ruining or ruined anyone else’s life for a while?

Thanks for reading.

• L August 29, 2017 at 9:04 pm Reply

Mikey, I would guess that most if not all of us have. At my worst—and I was severely floxed—I was certain I would die. My stool was white and I was certain I had liver disease. I was sure I had any number of diseases. All tests came back negative as they do for most of us because the damage is functional and not structural.

This poison damages the gaba receptors. It has the ability to put us into an almost constant state of “fight or flight” and the anxiety is beyond description. I would focus on trying to deal with the things you can, like taking magnesium supplements, probiotics and the other supplements that have helped others. Among my 30 or so side effects, I had fingers that spasmed uncontrollable for a few months. That finally stopped. I am not sure if it was the IVs I was getting, or what.

While fluoroquinolone damage has been linked to diseases like ALS, Parkinson, Altzheimer’s etc, that has to do with mitochondrial damage. I don’t believe you would acquire those so quickly, and if you can do what you are able to mitigate the damage, I think you can’t avoid that. There are supplements you can take (search online) that are supposed to aid with mitochondrial damage, and diet is important as well. I think at this point it is the anxiety “talking.”

• mikey3582 August 29, 2017 at 9:19 pm Reply

Hey thanks for responding. It certainly helps me feel a lot better to know that what I’m experiencing is not strange and many people can relate to it. I’ll do my best to recover and keep my anxiety in check.

• L August 29, 2017 at 9:37 pm

yes, as far as floxies go you are SO NORMAL! Hang in there.

23. mikey3582 August 29, 2017 at 8:57 pm Reply

Actually while I’m here, I’ll leave a complete list of all the symptoms I am experiencing or have experienced for others’ reference:

– Labored breathing (episodic, occasional, short-lasting)
    – Prickly sensations/numbness (episodic, rare, very short bouts maybe 10 seconds)
    – Anxiety/Panic Attacks (episodic, occasional, I can’t tell if this is because I’m stressed and worried about my condition or if this is a side-effect, but I figured I’d mention it)
    – Stress (constant, daily, I’m always freaking out because my condition doesn’t seem to be improving much and I don’t actually know what I have, if anything, have a lot of headaches because I keep clenching my jaw from stress)
    – Heart palpitations (episodic, occasional, about 1 minute or so each time – usually happens after walking up a hill or occasionally when waking up in the morning)
    – Insomnia (a few days, rare, only lasted a week – there was a week where I was unable to get any deep sleep, and every morning I woke up with heart pumping, thoughts racing)
    – Mood swings (episodic, daily, periods of an hour where I’m an emotional mess)
    – Muscle weakness (constant, daily, I can’t apply strong or consistent force on anything, my muscles shake/quiver)
    – Muscle twitching (episodic, daily, usually when pressure applied to muscles/tendons or when at rest, like sleeping, happens all over body mostly in arms and legs, very occasionally in the body and on the face)
    – Tremors (episodic, daily, when I reach for food with chopsticks at the dinner table, my hand is visibly shaking)
    – Muscle tension/knotting (constant, daily, not extremely bad or painful, but my thigh muscles have been developing knots – I have to massage them every night because they’re sore all the time now)
    – Fatigue (constant, daily, all of a sudden I have a hard time walking up hills, staying standing up for long periods of time, maintaining good posture, or exerting myself – I know I wasn’t the most athletic before but it was never this bad)
    – Tension headaches (episodic, occasional, I noticed that my worst symptoms like fatigue, shaking, and weakness are typically accompanied by a mild headache at the top or back of my head)
    – Mental Interference (episodic, rare, very short bouts – sometimes I forget what I’m saying mid-sentence or I stutter a lot more than normal)
    – Sensitivity to caffeine (constant, daily, can’t even drink half a cup of coffee without all of the listed symptoms flaring up and going haywire)

• L August 29, 2017 at 9:09 pm Reply

I’ve had all those and a dozen more. I avoided coffee for more than a year and was able to add back in a cup in the morning. The fatigue is mostly gone (I am 2 1/ years out). I still on occasion have breathing “glitches.” THe twitching stopped as did the mental “interference.” The stress was SEVERE and lasted about 1 1/2 years or more. The extreme anxiety was about 1 1/2 years as well. I continue to have tinnitus, vision issues, pelvic pain intermittently, olfactory nerve damage and a strangling sensation and I am 2 1/2 years out. The awful dread, the suicidal thoughts, the panic….all gone. IT will get better. Avoid fluoridation, all NSAIDS, sterioids, non organic meats (that could contain antibiotics) and trust you will get better.

• mikey3582 August 29, 2017 at 9:22 pm Reply

I’m glad things have gotten better, but I’m sorry about all of the symptoms you experienced and are continuing to experience. In hindsight, compared to a lot of the symptoms others have listed on here mine aren’t really all that bad – it’s main the anxiety and stress that are crippling.

My neurologist couldn’t find anything wrong with me, but he actually suggested a psychological evaluation (or was it psychiatric?) because he thinks my symptoms could be caused by stress.

I’m pretty sure I’ve never gotten so stressed that I would randomly go numb or struggle to climb up hills, but I guess my stress and anxiety probably aren’t helping my symptoms either. It’s a really crappy situation and I’m both frustrated and relieved that there are so many others like myself experiencing this madness

• Madge hirsch September 4, 2017 at 12:30 pm Reply

Hi L- your coffee reintroduction has given me hope. Sensitivity to caffeine was a late developing symptom several months after my last Cipro dose. I have recently tried a few sips of an expresso after a lunch out and had no ill effects ( a year ago this would have brought on chest tightness and palps). I have not tried any in the morning yet and have more or less accustomed myself to the “torture” of smelling my husband’s morning coffee percolating away. I used to savour my morning cup as one of life’s daily pleasures and would love to get back to it.

• L September 4, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Yep—it’s the little things! I buy organic from Trader Joe’s. I even have a second cup on occasion. One day I was part of women’s march we had organized (Justice for All march actually) and I was outside all day and it was chilly. Without even thinking about it I was downing cups of coffee all day. No ill effects. It was also nice to be able to add wine back in. I used to have a glass of red wine every night with dinner. I didn’t have any for about 1 1/2 years after the Cipro. Now I enjoy a glass several nights a week. (and sometimes when I am out, I even treat myself to a single malt scotch!) Every thing that was once normal that is added back in does so much for your mental state. Still peeved about the dietary changes, but even there I “cheat” sometime. The only thing I try to be vigilant about is any meat whose origin I don’t know. Don’t want to take a chance that it has antibiotics.

• Theresa August 30, 2017 at 6:52 am Reply

Get the heart checked out. You might have A-Fib in addition to any other issues.

24. Michael Teeter August 30, 2017 at 8:41 am Reply

Hello Everyone,
    I hope everyone is doing OK and I wish good health to you in the near future.
    I am over 5 years out of being Floxed and I was in a wheelchair for almost a year.
    The first two doctors that really helped me were my Natural Doctor and My rheumatologist.
    I took the 23andMe test and found I am MTFHR++. Can’t Metholate.
    They put me on some mentholated vitamins and some magnesium and calcium. They also put me on some meds to counter the reactive arthritis I developed as a result of the floxing and put me on the Terry Wahls Diet. and I contribute that to me walking again.
    For Pain I quit taking the NSAIDs and other drugs. And switched to Natural things like Turmeric and Curcumin and Botswellia. I also took Cats Claw and Devils Claw.
    But I found these two helped the most with pain.

Wild Lettuce which grows in your back yard and I dried it and made a tea out of it.

And this one.

I also used Arnica as a Homeopathic treatment and Ran a RIFE Machine and went to an acupuncturist.

3 years into my recovery I had some bad teeth develop so I had to get one pulled and right after that I got severe intestinal problems that wouldn’t go away and got worse and worse.
    After over 200 tests and many hospital visits. They diagnosed me with a rare autoimmune disease called Adult Autoimmune Enteropathy. A few of the specialist at the Cleveland Clinic and the University of Michigan said that maybe the disease was brought on or brought out by my Floxing and the autoimmune response to it.

I tried CBD Oil and C60 oil for a time. CBD did give me some relief. The c60 made my legs feel better for some time but the problem with c60 is you have no control where it wants to work. When I used it in conjunction with the RIFE Machine it seemed to work better.

My guts are slowly coming back. My doctor has put me on a low does of Tacrolimus and has taking me off the high steroids. I have gone on Dr. Axe’s regimen to rebuild my Microbiom.
    I had to get over a C-Diff infection which I caught from the hospital. Been on the anti C-Diff diet and H-Pillori Diet. Take Probiotics and Oregano Oil.

I continue to watch what I eat. I avoid processed soy and eat very little Gluten and Milk.

The end of the matter is I was down to 114lbs and I am 6 foot. Now I am back up to 160lbs.
    I am walking again with a Cane but I am walking and functioning as best as I can now.
    I enjoy the outdoors as much as I can and I do go fishing with my wife once in awhile.
    The days of running and walking for miles are long gone. But I have come a long way from the day I was Floxed and thought I was dying.

Hang in there people you can and will get better it just may take some time. Put everything else away and focus on your recovery. Take day one day at a time. Keep a food Journal and a recovery Journal.

Most importantly Never Give Up!
    best regards fellow Floxie,
    Michael

• L August 30, 2017 at 9:26 am Reply

Glad you are doing better. The NSADs and steroids should be the first things to avoid for anyone who is floxed since they only exacerbate it. I am convinced I was so damaged because I was prescribed Cipro at the same time. Even after learning I had pericardial effusion (Fluid around the heart) post Cipro, where they recommend NSAIDs I refused them. No way did I want to be worse than I was, and I was near death, barely able to move and gasping for breath.

It was amazing to view the video on terry wahls…although she eats more veges in a day than I could even store in my mini-fridge! But so glad it helped you and you are up and out of the chair. And don’t rule out days of funning or walking long distances….you have come so far already

25. L August 30, 2017 at 9:26 am Reply

meant to say “prescribed prednisone at the same time”

26. Amy August 31, 2017 at 7:31 am Reply

Does anyone know of a reputable integrative/functional doctor in the Dallas, TX area that has experience treating fluoroquinolone toxicity? Thanks!

27. Thomas Sealy August 31, 2017 at 9:16 pm Reply

Aloha, Does anyone have any suggestions on the importance of taking magnesium and vitamin D3 at the same time? I came across it in the Fluoroquinolone Book, but I forgot which page. Mahalo for your help.

• L August 31, 2017 at 10:32 pm Reply

I don’t know that it makes a difference that you take them at the same…but both are great for us (and for everyone for that matter.)

28. Amanda August 31, 2017 at 10:58 pm Reply

Have any Floxies here had low iron? If so, did you use food OR iron supplements
    to help raise iron levels? My iron was very low, and my doctor wants me on a
    supplement, but I’d rather try food. The only iron suppl. that may not mess up
    my gut and doesn’t have a lot of junk or things I’m allergic to is – Nature’s Plus
    Chewable Iron plus Vit C. Either way, I’ve got to get my iron up.
    **Floxed by Levafloxacin 6 years ago**

29. mee September 1, 2017 at 6:53 am Reply

Two months out and having muscle spams around the chest area and also tingling in the scalp and face around the eye. Currently taking magnesium, cq10, vitamin b, and vitamin d. Really praying and hoping theses symptoms will go away. Did anyone have the same symptoms and how long did it take to go away?

• mee September 1, 2017 at 6:57 am Reply

Also have bones popping and cracking..does that go away too?

• Nicole Reedy September 2, 2017 at 3:46 pm Reply

Bone cracking & popping are very common. It was one my first symptoms and did go away but has come back with flares and big time with the relapse I have at the moment.
        I find collagen and bone broth helps with this.

• mee September 20, 2017 at 6:14 am

i read some of your comments on here ..are you feeling better?

• Nicole September 20, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Thanks for asking mee. I am still fighting really hard and doing all my naturopath treatments again.
          It has been really hard as I was certainly not healed but felt like I was turning a corner before this relapse. I am 3 months into it now and symptoms seem to come & go a bit but would never have dreamed I would go this far backwards and still can’t believe a Caine eye drop could have been the only thing that caused it.
          The truth is I had been over doing it for months and had pretty much stopped all of my supplements because I was just tired of this life. I believe now that I will have to take better care of myself and take some supplements forever. I am just so tired and tired of having to be afraid of everything!!!! 😔
          How are you doing?

• Mee September 21, 2017 at 3:01 pm

thanks for asking about me as well.. im struggling ….its been three months and i have knee pain and muscle aches.. i also have twitching and tingling ..ive been taking magnesium and other supplements but i dont know if im improving. Its just really hard. I know it takes time for improvements… im just waiting …ive read alot of recovery stories and hoping for the best! any suggestions will help. thanks.,

• Madge hirsch September 1, 2017 at 2:38 pm Reply

Î have had muscle spasms in the chest area and also in my back. I have also had problems with my scalp – very painful patches to the point I could not brush my hair. This was shortly after being floxed and did not last long. A more long lasting but episodic problem is feeling that someone has poured freezing water over the right side of my scalp. I also get tingling in my left cheek from time to time. The symptoms often go away but then return in cycles.

• mee September 20, 2017 at 7:33 am Reply

i currently been having muscle twitches and spasm and continue to have tingling ..on and off on my head … its frustrating ..and its been so far a month ..and im hopeful these things will disappear.. how long did it last for you? what did you take to make it somewhat go away? anything?

30. L September 3, 2017 at 9:56 am Reply

There are people here who have been severely injured. Get the hell out of here.

31. Jane September 7, 2017 at 6:42 am Reply

L well said L. I am at the end of my tether thanks to fluoroquinolones.

• L September 7, 2017 at 8:21 pm Reply

some troll trying to sell stuff. looks as though lisa removed it

32. Michael Teeter September 7, 2017 at 7:10 am Reply

Here is a good read not just for floxies but i think it helps.

33. Andrea September 9, 2017 at 9:25 am Reply

Hi everyone. Like I wrote before, i was floxed 9 months ago. A doctor prescribed me a FQ because he suspected I had an urinary tract infection, even tough the test came out negative. Now,after months of suffering ( physical and emotional) I’m starting to get a little better. I’ve completely clean up my diet, eatin lots of fruits and vegetables, I give up dairy, and I’m trying to eat as much organic as I can. I’m also trying to do some physical activite, as much as I can, and I’m also taking a joint supplement and some collagen. I think it’s helping, but who knows…maybe it’s just a cycling phase of the FQ.
    Anyway, I’ll probably have to go under surgery for a bladder problem. I’m not sure yet, I’m waiting to do some other test, but I’m completely scared. I dont’ know if my body is ready to something like that. Of course if I’ll do it, I’m gonna tell the doctors that I’m allergic to FQ, and also that I can’t take corticosteroid.
    Do you think It’s a bad idea? What other medication can cause a relapse? Any suggestion would be appriciated. Thank you.

• L September 9, 2017 at 10:05 am Reply

Hi Andrea, so sorry you have this facing you. My suggestion would be that before any surgery you find an integrative doctor (especially one in that specialty or an internist), to see if there are alternatives to surgery. (I have found an integrative cardiologist, integrative pulmonologist and internist…they are out there.) Make sure they know too what all fluoroquinolines are. I have read of people telling a doctor to make sure they didn’t get Cipro or Levaquin, only to be given avelox or another FQ. And yes, definitely no steroids…also no NSAIDS. Many on this site have had similar problems with other antibiotics such as macrobid, Bactrim and others. I think Lisa has a post here somewhere that names of the more benign antibiotics that don’t seem to have as many side effects. Ok, I just googled and found it: https://floxiehope.com/2014/08/08/antibiotics-after-fluoroquinolone-toxicity/

• Robert September 9, 2017 at 10:24 am Reply

I don’t know what the problem is but I would explore every option other than surgery. I am currently in a terrible relapse from dental work. I have had surgery before that proved to be unnecessary. There are few doctors that can be trusted.

34. Andrea September 9, 2017 at 10:33 am Reply

Thanks L and Robert. I was already searching for an alternative to surgery. I really hope to avoid it. Anyway thanks a lot.

35. Andrea September 9, 2017 at 10:38 am Reply

P.S. Hey Robert, I’m so sorry to read of your current situation. And, I know, surgery many times it’s unnecessary, and sometimes It doesn’t even solve the problem…

36. Barbara Arnold September 10, 2017 at 4:22 am Reply

Can anyone tell me how to attach a link ? I can’t see an attachment link anywhere.

• L September 10, 2017 at 10:02 am Reply

Copy and paste

• Lisa September 12, 2017 at 7:30 pm Reply

Barbara and everyone, here is the article that I believe Barbara wanted to share – http://hyperbaricoxygentherapy.com/patient-info#1. Thanks for the info, Barbara! Are you trying hyperbaric oxygen therapy? If so, how is it working for you?

Best regards,

• L September 12, 2017 at 7:40 pm Reply

Wow. That’s quite a list. No wonder my doctor is so big on it. (Although, it does say “Many inflatable hyperbaric manufacturers and clinics are touting this exciting breakthrough without the means of ever replicating it.” And the one he uses is like the size of a sleeping bag.

37. Barbara Arnold September 11, 2017 at 3:17 am Reply

Thanks L nice try. That’s double dutch to me. I am on a tablet, even if I found out how to do that where do I copy and paste it to. I can send attachments if there was an attachment icon on here, but there’s not. I am not techno great. The reason is I wanted to send information on hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I have a floxy friend who was bedridden and he has just emailed me to say after a few sessions he is now riding his bike. The inflammation has greatly reduced and he’s sleeping really well. He had neuropathy through his whole body. He also said CB OIL has really helped him sleep. I have sent the info to Lisa and hopefully she will post it here. I have researched it and it sounds hopeful, so I am actively looking to do it in the same hospital I got the ozone. I am just waiting for prices etc .Hyperbaric therapy is In the UK you can get it easily, they use it for MS patients and they let you use it for other ailments.

• Michael Teeter September 11, 2017 at 8:17 am Reply

That is awesome Barbara Arnold,
      I find from being a Floxie is any treatment that focuses on healing or repairing the damage on a cellular level Helps. Be that a RIFE machine or C60 or a PEMF treatment or hyperbolic chamber or acupuncture and CBD oil etc. These all seemed to give me some relief.
      Although after 6 years of this I feel I am running out of gas. Keep up the good fight my friends! never give up never surrender!

• Barbara Arnold September 11, 2017 at 8:46 am Reply

Hey Michael,
        Have you tried the hyperbaric oxigen therapy ? I will let you know how I get on.

• L September 11, 2017 at 8:50 am Reply

Sorry Barbara. I assumed you were on a pc. I do not believe there is a ability to attach items. One thing you can do is put down what search can be used in google to find the site/ article. As for hyperbaric , my integrative md has been begging me to do it. He uses it with his Lyme patients and it is supposed to be very effective although expensive. Sadly I am just too claustrophobic to do it or I would

• Barbara Arnold September 12, 2017 at 4:04 am Reply

L. See Andy’s post with the link. It’s very interesting.

• L September 11, 2017 at 8:50 am Reply

• Barbara Arnold September 11, 2017 at 9:00 am Reply

No problem L. In the UK it only costs what you donate as it’s mainly used for MS patients. I have looked into the claustrophbic angle and there are some you can walk in, or even go in in a wheelchair and they are trained to work with claustrophobic patients. I don’t know the costs here in Spain but I am ringing them tomorrow to find out. Also a good NLP practioner or hypnotherapist could really help with any phobia. I know because I used to be both practioner and hypnotherapist.

38. Andy Perks September 11, 2017 at 11:39 am Reply

In was in the chamber today two people with ms who are clostrophobic had their carers sit with them but without the breathing masks
    Hyperbaric isnt a quick fix you need 30-40 treatments and you herx like mad and it wipes you out the first two weeks

• ursula September 19, 2017 at 4:20 am Reply

Andy, How do you feel after the session, does the herx get better

• Barbara Arnold September 19, 2017 at 4:44 am Reply

Usula,
        Andy will probably answer if he visits this site. In the meantime I can tell you I have had 5 sessions at the moment. I go every day for an hour for 20 sessions before I’m re assessd. So far my herx re action has not been to bad and it’s mostly during the night. I am sitting here at the moment with stinging shins, but nothing I can’t handle. It does go away in between times for me. Andy said he gets a really bad herx but then it gets better. He was a lot worse than me, but I am 3 years in this October and have had a lot of other therapies. Ie acupunture, (didn’t help me) but I know it’s helped others. Ozone autohemotherapy, which also caused a herx but it definately helped me. Also I am completely gluten free, and I take a protocol of vits and minerals. I have never stopped drinking coffe, wine, alcohol, because for me I still want some pleasure after all this crap. I know others cant take coffee and alcohol. Going gluten free made a big difference to. I am going to post when I have completed the sessions as I will have more information then. Hugs to you all

39. Faisal September 11, 2017 at 12:45 pm Reply

Hello all,

Now 2 years floxiing I do test for Kirby a d liver tody

I hve problem in ALP Alkaline phosphatase little high

Any advice 😦

I took mag with claim d3 and cut C

• Faisal September 11, 2017 at 12:49 pm Reply

Hello all,

Now 2 years floxiing I do test for Kidne and liver today

I hve problem in ALP Alkaline phosphatase little high

Any advice 😦

I took mag and clicum and vit C

40. Faisal September 12, 2017 at 6:16 pm Reply

Hello,

I do another test today showing little high as below

Sodium – serum ( normal range from 135 – 153 ) my test 163

Potassium – ( normal range from 3.5 – 5.3 ) my test 5.6

Chloride – ( normal range 98-107 ) my test 131

Alkaline phosphatase – ( normal range 80-306 ) my test 327

So any one facing same problem or any advice

I take mag with calcium and D3 and vitamins C for 2 years now and I need to change to RegMag only without calcium and D3 I need advice please

• L September 12, 2017 at 6:44 pm Reply

wish I knew what to tell you, Faisal. Are you seeing an integrative or functional medicine doctor? They should be able to guide you on what you could do using non-pharmaceutical supplements. I had a lot of tests, but none of those.

• Faisal September 12, 2017 at 6:49 pm Reply

Thanks L , I need to ask you it’s ok if I take vitamins C for 6 months every day ?

Another thing what about mag which one the best

• L September 12, 2017 at 7:06 pm

I really don’t know. I am taking it now for several months because I was told it would help after having my amalgams removed. I think it would depend on how much you are taking. Most people who have a healthy diet can get the minimum requirements. Again, I would urge you to find a functional or integrative doctor (or naturopath.) Do you have them where you are? I currently see an internist who is integrative and he has reviewed all my supplements and told me which ones to add.

41. Dr.Shadi Mustafa September 13, 2017 at 4:31 pm Reply

I have to contacting other pt

42. ... September 13, 2017 at 9:52 pm Reply

Can anyone recommend a brand of kratom to help with pain?

43. Dan September 19, 2017 at 6:24 am Reply

Hello Everyone,
    Please forgive my english because my native language is romanian. I am from Rep. of Moldova and i think i made the biggest mistake of myl life an took LEFLOX 750mg for 2 weeks in june of 2017, for so named “persistent” prostate infection, wich i actualy think that wasnt any, i think my doctor has no no no idea of what he’s prescribed to me because the treatment was for 21 days, and i throw them into the trash can right after second week because i started feelin WEIRD.In eastern europe these drugs sell as simple drugs and doctors prescribe them a lot.
    my hands sturt hurting me and eventualy stoped.but later i started to notice weird things happening with my body:
    Please advise because my main simptoms are of neurological root:
    -I am not bright minded as i used to be,
    -i got pressure in my ears, more in left light tinittus wich i hear in night and i suspect hearing loss,
    -pressure behind my head as i wear a tight cap
    -my thoughts are very depresive and i can not focus on more then one task that i used to do being as a sales person,
    -loosing balance and feeling weird sensation insede my head like i have had a little alchool, but i am not drinking at all
    -sometimes find myself looking into the same spot like frozen and wierd feeling,
    -bad sleep wich i thought was because of my little kid, but actually i wake up like i’ve been whole night in club.
    -hard to speak and sometimes dont find enough words..wich i never had especialy when dealing with customers i was as sharp and focused…no i am not.
    -feeling so tyred and exhausted right after 12 sometimes at 10 AM i am dead and bearly keeping till the end of work day,
    -my wife notised that i am weird and changed a lot as mood
    -hard to concentate even now whe i write in a differnt language,
    -falling a spleep very hard and can not take a nap on weekends wich i deed before. i can not fall asleep
    -very weird feeling from coffee like i drink some kind of concentraded energy drink,
    -soft stools in whenever part of day,
    -nausea
    loss of appetite that sometimes comes back
    -went to neurologist he gave me Arlevert and cerebrolysin intramuscular and b12 intramuscular for 2 weeks..no changhe..
    -did the MRi that came out ok wich is very expencive in here
    please help get my life back..
    i have family that depends on me..
    Sorry again and i really hope that GOD will heal everyone from here.

• Virginia September 19, 2017 at 1:17 pm Reply

I’m sorry for all your pain, Dan. Your English is good; you don’t need to apologize! Many people get better from floxing. There are many ways to try to get well. Search the tabs on this website, including the stories of those who recovered. Good luck to you!

• Lisa September 20, 2017 at 8:00 pm Reply

Hi Dan,

I’m so sorry that you have been hurt by these drugs! They’re really awful. Your experience is similar to that of many people who have been “floxed.” Here are my suggestions for approaching this illness – https://floxiehope.com/2015/10/12/im-floxed-now-what/. Like Virginia said, the stories here are wonderfully helpful. The Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Group on facebook is great too – https://www.facebook.com/groups/floxies/. You are not alone. Have hope that you will get through this – you will.

44. Dr.Shadi Mustafa September 20, 2017 at 3:14 pm Reply

good evening all
    I have some questions

• Lisa September 20, 2017 at 7:55 pm Reply

Ask away, and we’ll do our best to answer.

45. Andrea September 21, 2017 at 4:06 am Reply

Hi everyone. Has anyone here ever experienced some urinary problems after being floxed. I’m referring specifically to bladder problems. Symptoms like overactive bladder, you know, the urge to go to the bathroom too often and the feeling to not being able to empty your bladder completly. Thanks.

• L September 21, 2017 at 8:32 am Reply

Andrea, OH YES!!! For over a year. In fact, I went through dozens of UTI home test strips because I kept thinking I had another UTI. However, only once in all that time did I actually have one. I would go to the bathroom (or at least feel the urge to) up to 20 times a day. I also had a feeling of “fullness” in the lower abdomen and a half dozen times I had actual pain inside, like there was crushed glass. Just awful. A number of us have gotten interstitial cystitis (or what appears to mimick it) post- Cipro. The only things that really helped me were acupuncture and a Chinese herbal medicine I got from the acupuncturist. I had had an ultrasound. Nothing. Saw an integrative gynecologist. Nothing. I think it may be more nerve damage that causes these side effects. At any rate, it finally went away. Kind remember exactly when, but I think around 1 1/2 years. I have gotten back that sense of fullness and some pain once or twice since then.

• Andrea September 21, 2017 at 2:57 pm Reply

Thanks L This sucks! I was already having some touble with my bladder before, but I definitely noticed an increase of the symptoms after being floxed. Almost immediately.

• L September 21, 2017 at 3:01 pm

yeah, it’s pretty common. The good news is…it did mostly end for me.

• Madge hirsch September 21, 2017 at 4:00 pm Reply

Yes. It comes and goes.

• dezorz October 11, 2017 at 5:31 am Reply

yes. strange, this happened about 2 years after floxed when most symptoms mostly dispapared. i am noe in my 3rd year and bladder problems are bigger.

46. Martha Helland September 21, 2017 at 12:25 pm Reply

Has anyone ever used Trazadone post floxing? was there any issue?

• Andrea September 21, 2017 at 3:06 pm Reply

No, never. But I’ve read that it is an antidepressant with some anticholinergic type effects. So maybe it could be useful for an overactive bladder, but I don’t konw… My urologist prescribed to me Alfuzosin ( I’m a man), but I’ve read it could cause some nasty side effects…

• dezorz October 10, 2017 at 6:36 am Reply

i got prescribed afluzosin topo, 2 months ago. i have a slight relapse. can it be vause of using afluzosin? what nasty side effect did you read about? i cannot find much about it.

• dezorz October 11, 2017 at 5:25 am Reply

yes, I did. lower dose for sedation. it helped. i didnt noticed or realised any troubles because of trazodone.

47. kim September 23, 2017 at 8:26 am Reply

having tingling from head to toe.. any suggestions ?

48. Theresa Orr September 24, 2017 at 5:45 am Reply

Thanks for this. I have suffered with chronic, persistent and severe tendonitis of my elbows since taking levaquin 3 years ago.

49. Dan September 25, 2017 at 1:05 am Reply

Please tell me did somebody of you experinced these symptoms like this?
    – loosing balance and inability to keep upright, not like falling but like walking unsure,
    – foggy brain
    – feeling stupid
    – in the evening hard to concentrate, iritated and sensitive to noise of all kind, tv people kids laugh etc,
    – imposible to take a nap in noon time, i almost fell asleep the my heart starts racing then i feel afraid then i can focus and never cant fell asleep yesterday i tried sunday an saturday in weekend
    -abrupt very abrupt wake up in night at 4.15 other night 2.00 am other morning like snap at 6.15 etc.
    -falling hard asleep even after a couple of galsses of wine
    -pressure inside years and a buzzing sound in night..inside..
    -soft stools for more the 4 weeks already..i dont know what to eat..
    every where i go doctors etc on sites and web everybody asks money for books for help..you can not imagine how much i spent in the last period especialy in my country where we have small sallarys and expencive med. my insurence did not cover anything..
    i dont know what to do..
    will these stop at some time..
    i dont have any tendon or leg pain or other skeletal or muscle issue..i have problems with my head and brain
    please help..
    i will ask you straight can you advice me with no money..anything
    thank you so much..
    i feel like a deep depression is coming upon me…
    as i understand from most of stories the best thing is to wait

• L September 25, 2017 at 9:14 am Reply

Dan, yes to all of it. (And I have spent over $30,000 on IVs, supplements, visits acupuncture, etc.)

First, what you are experiencing is very “normal” for someone who has been floxed. I had that imbalance for a while and it went away on its own. As for the anxiety, sleeplessness, lack of concentration—all of that has happened to most of us and again, it will go away as time goes on. I had sensitivity to EVERYTHING. I had olfactory nerve damage that made everything in the world asphyxiate me. Everything. It was horrible. I became extremely sensitive to loud noises, but at the same time, it effected my hearing and now I have tinnitus (which may be the buzzing sound you are hearing. It can sound like a ring, a buzz, a hum, staticky…). My insomnia was so bad that I literally did not sleep AT ALL or slept maybe one hour, for the first couple weeks. After that I still had insomnia for months.

My stool was loose for most of the first year. At one point (after dropping 36 pounds) my stool was almost white, which is very “wrong.” One of the most important things you can do is take probiotics and/or eat fermented foods like kefir, sauerkraut, etc.

I was just writing to someone trying to explain how horrible all these mental side effects are. I thought I was going to go crazy, and I was so depressed/suicidal for months. Please know that this will pass, but you need to be very diligent about your diet. Avoid gluten, gmos, fluoride, and especially avoid any meats that are not organic (they may have antibiotics in them.) Do not take any steroids or NSAIDs. Even though it may seem odd, healing the gut will take care of many issues. It is linked to every system in the body.

Sadly this effects millions of people all over the world. Perhaps if you post which country you are in, others that may be on this site can direct you to a doctor/naturopath that has helped them.

• Nicole September 25, 2017 at 10:22 am Reply

Dan, I agree with everything L has said and like her I have spent a fortune on IV’s and all as well. I was getting better at one point and pretty much stopped all supplements. I then had a major relapse after taking a Caine eye drop but my NP and I both think there were other factors. I do now know I will always have to take magnesium and find it the most important of all the supplements. I actually knew I was having a problem not taking it as I was having muscle spasms before the eye drops. I also did way too much because I did not want to be the sick tired old lady. Please take it easy even when you have good days as our bodies are still damaged and it will cause relapses. I did not get tendons problems to 6 weeks in and may have caused that a bit because I was lifting heavy boxes and tearing up large cardboard boxes with my feet. You must be easy on your body for al least the first 6 months. I think I saw a list of supplements you are on and all is good. A lot of us do not put enough thought into the gut health but now are realizing the importance as L just touch on.
        Also I have had all of your symptoms and many more.
        Just hang in there and know things change and time will heal if you do the best to take care of yourself.
        Along with the chicken and meat I was not aware that farmed fish has more antibiotics than anything and they use fluoroquinolones a lot. Only eat fresh ocean fish.
        I know this is a lot to take in but L always has a lot of information as stay with us. Hugs!

• Jane September 25, 2017 at 3:20 pm Reply

Dan

Are you taking any magnesium or iron tablets? These can cause an upset digestve system.

I think you need to getyour stools checked to make sure that you do not have gall bladder disease, i.e cholecystitis.
      Next I would request a full thyroid screening plus thyroid antibodies /y0u could perhaps google thyroid forums etc for more info on this/

Take care

Jane

50. Alex September 25, 2017 at 11:41 am Reply

Hi, I took one pill on levofloxacin and stopped when I read the ugly stories of people on internet. I feel a light pain ant stifness in my calves since yesterday. Is it real, am I alrrady floxed just after 500mg? Is it safe for my to hit the gym again? Im really scared about it… thanks for the help…

• L September 25, 2017 at 12:03 pm Reply

It’s possible. Especially if you have taken cipro, levaquin, avelox, etc in the past. No way to tell. I didn’t think I had and when I looked back over my pharmacy records for a few years I had indeed taken both Cipro and Levaquin. Third time did me in. I had side effects after only one pill, but didn’t make the connection until after 4. It is thought that effects are cumulative, and depending on your threshold, it will at some point cause injury.

• marsellatom September 25, 2017 at 1:24 pm Reply

Stop meds, get new doctor

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

• dezorz October 11, 2017 at 5:28 am Reply

so didi it resolve? did you experienced similar stiffness before? 1 pill is not much, you should in long run. i exeprienced first symptoms about twoo weeks after my first cipro 10 pill box. i didnt know back then anything about being floxed. there were some sympytoms but they soon disapeared.