Floxie Hope

Floxie.Hope.1800.72.dpi

This site is to give HOPE to those who are suffering from Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome as a result of being poisoned by fluoroquinolone antibiotics – Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox, Floxin, etc.  It contains stories of healing.

Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox and all other fluoroquinolones are dangerous drugs that can have devastating effects that cumulatively I’ll refer to as Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome or Floxing.  Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome/Floxing includes damage to connective tissue (tendons, ligaments, cartilage, fascia, etc.) throughout the body, damage to the nervous systems (central, peripheral and autonomic), and more. The damage done by fluoroquinolone antibiotics can destroy a person’s quality of life or even kill them. Certainly, there is a time and a place for drugs with dangerous side effects. If you find yourself in a septic shock induced coma, fluoroquinolones may save your life. Unfortunately, these drugs are not being reserved for life or death situations. People are being prescribed them for urinary tract infections, suspected prostate infections, upper respiratory infections, as a prophylactic for travelers’ diarrhea, ear infections, pink eye, etc. Thousands of people have suffered needlessly from the devastating effects of fluoroquinolone antibiotics, when another, safer antibiotic could have, and should have, been used.

The damage done by fluoroquinolones is largely unacknowledged by the medical establishment and an accurate diagnosis, compensation and relief are difficult to come by. There is no known cure for Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome/Floxing.  However, many people continue to LIVE after being poisoned by fluroquinolones.  They find healing, recovery, perseverance, compassion and hope.  These are their stories.

This site is meant to give hope for healing to those who are adversely effected by fluoroquinolones.  It is no way meant to disregard the pain of those who are chronically suffering from the horrifying effects of Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox or the other fluoroquinolones.  There are people who don’t recover.  Their stories are real and they matter.  There are also people who are able to recover and I share their stories with the hope that they inspire others, or at least give hope that recovery is possible.

Here is a New York Times article about the dangers of fluoroquinolone antibiotics – http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/popular-antibiotics-may-carry-serious-side-effects/?_r=0 – more news stories, research papers and other resources can be found on the “Links and Resources” page.

Here is a Facebook group that is a great resource for those going through Fluoroquinolone Toxicity – https://www.facebook.com/groups/floxies/

Featured post – I’m floxed. Now what?

The Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Solution Ebook has helped many Floxies to recover, including DanielCindy and Ruth.  As a bonus, you will also receive The Floxie Food Guide – a book of diet guidelines to help you through fluoroquinolone toxicity:

19,541 thoughts on “Floxie Hope

1. impossibleadversity May 27, 2018 at 3:15 am Reply

@Lisa

Hey we haven’t talked in awhile. I thought this was worth bringing up because I haven’t seen this quote shared before.

There’s a rheumatologist/immunologist named Jonathan Edwards who occasionally posts on the web on researchgate and ME/CFS forums. He has views that would probably be considered “controversial” in his profession, but I’m not in a position to debate him on them.

Here’s something he posted regarding MMP enzymes in rheumatoid arthritis.

For a long time it has been popular dogma that collagenases and other proteases degrade cartilage in inflammation in joints. However, if you think about it this does not make sense. Many patients with RA have inflammation in joints for months without any loss of cartilage. Even if the collagenase in the fluid was 98% inhibited the cartilage should be all gone after this time. Uninhibited collagenase will destroy cartilage in an hour or so. So the collagenase must be effectively 100% inhibited. Yet during some episodes of inflammation cartilage can be destroyed in a few days. The only solution to this problem I could find after thinking about it for decades was that type II collagen in live cartilage is totally protected, both from collagenase attack, and in fact from mechanical wear, by a constant extrusion of hyaluronan and small proteoglycans from its surface – much in the way that the skin of fish and dolphins constantly extrudes mucins to lubricate and provide a barrier against attack. However, if the chondrocytes die there will be no extrusion of macromolecules so the surface collagen will be directly available to attack. When I first became interested in joint pathology I looked at hundreds of slides of RA joints in the Path library at St Bart’s Hospital in London and one thing that struck me was that whenever there was cartilage invasion or resorption the underlying chondrocytes were dead (absent). So that made sense.

If we apply this to fluoroquinolone toxicity it matches up:

Human chondrocytes cultivated in CFX-supplemented medium (10, 40, 80 and 160 microg/ml) or Mg(2+)-free medium showed decreased ability to adhere to growth support, cell shape changes, and alterations in actin and vimentin cytoskeleton in a concentration dependent manner. Attachment of human chondrocytes to collagen type II coated cover slips was reduced to 90% in CFX group and 75% in Mg(2+)-free group on day 1. This effect even increased after 4 days of culture in the respective medium (32% in CFX and 58% in Mg(2+)-free group). We concluded that Mg(2+) deficiency is exerted via integrins, resulting in decreased ability to attach to extracellular matrix proteins and cytoskeletal changes.

Ciprofloxacin starts killing away the chondrocytes, leaving the type II collagen vulnerable to attack by MMP enzymes, over just a few days.

Then we have the studies showing Cipro increases MMP expression:

Finally, we also know that Ibuprofen increases MMP expression:

I think Naproxen and glucocorticoids can also increase them but I don’t have the studies on hand.

So it’s a dual effect and basically a perfect storm.

• Lisa May 27, 2018 at 6:21 am Reply

Great connections – thank you!

2. Ronna May 27, 2018 at 4:15 am Reply

Can anyone tell me what symptoms they have with the GI tract after being floxed. I’m trying to figure out if I have a GI problem or it’s from being floxed. I tested negative for SIBO, but still no sense of hunger for 17 months, weight loss and constant bleaching even after drinking water. I have also developed rapid gastric emptying for no reason. Any comments would be appreciated as I am struggling with this issue every day.

• L May 27, 2018 at 10:13 am Reply

My gut was devastated. I lost 36 lbs in 6 weeks, about 1/4 my total body weight. I had trouble eating anything because I would have such gastric distress. My stool at one point was WHITE. At this point, fortunately, I was DONE with allopaths and I was just starting IVs with an ND. (A regular MD would likely have tried to put me on a proton pump inhibitor and further damaged the gut microbiome.) I also was having horrific breathing problems and it was “chew or breathe”. Hard to do both. So I lived on smoothies for over 6 months. That is quite literally all I had. It usually consisted of a fruit, spinach, almond butter, coconut oil, protein powder, coconut milk. He explained that most people have too LITTLE, not too much acid, and he put me on Betaine HCL. (This is a bit tricky, knowing how much to take. Even WITH his help I was not quite sure. Anyhow, I ended up taking 6 with each meal that had 15 or more grams of protein, for several months then down to five, four, and so on. Even today, I take one with a protein meal. It did take quite a while…7 or 8 months to get back to feeling almost normal. (I saw almost because even 3 years later I am not quite normal on some days, but absolute light years from where I was.)

He also put me on a good probiotic and enzymes. Before I started seeing him I used DGL licorice to help with the awful gastro-intestinal issues. You might also try fermented foods to help replenish the good gut microbiome.

• Don Mowers May 27, 2018 at 11:48 am Reply

L. Very good information. Thank you.

• L May 27, 2018 at 10:15 am Reply

Also, it is important to avoid all GMOs and I would avoid gluten as well, at least for now. Also, try as much as possible to eat organic!

3. Don Mowers May 27, 2018 at 11:44 am Reply

Just some information. While surfing the web this online lab test site came up. It is a US organization so of little benefit to floxies outside the US.
    Here it is: https://www.ultalabtests.com/Quest
    It appears to be an online branch of Sonora Quest laboratories.
    What impresses me is that they say they will do the RBC magnesium blood test for $29.00 I will be referred to a local Sonora Quest lab to have my blood drawn.
    Others appear to want from $49 to $59 for the same test.
    As I have said before. Do your own research and make up your own mind.

Just a note. I had my RBC magnesium test done through RequestAtest at a cost of $59.
    I was sent to Sonora Quest labs for the blood draw and on the paperwork I see that my blood was sent to a Sonora Quest lab in California for the analysis.
    The same Sonora lab that drew my blood for RequestAtest quoted me $145 if I was a walk in paying customer.
    Geees!!!! What a rip off the medical community is!!!

• L May 27, 2018 at 12:21 pm Reply

wow. I’m still paying off quest labs. they charged me $275 for a vitamin D test!

• Don Mowers May 27, 2018 at 1:10 pm Reply

Vitamin D test $41.00
        Vitamin D test $39.00
        As I said before…………….. Geees!!!! What a rip off the medical community is if they are charging your insurance or you as a walk in.

• L May 27, 2018 at 1:32 pm

that appears to be a different quest labs. And now I see it is quest diagnostics. https://www.questdiagnostics.com/home.html

• Don Mowers May 28, 2018 at 6:22 am

L … No reply button on your post but here is the “skinny” on Sonora Quest and Quest Diagnostics. Sonora Quest Laboratories is a joint venture between “Banner Health” and Quest Diagnostics. It is the nation’s largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,100 employees serving more than 23,000 patients every day throughout “Arizona”. In other words Sonora Quest is an Arizona branch of Quest Diagnostics. The ultalabtests.com is the online branch of Quest Diagnostics.
          Both Sonora Quest Labs of Arizona and ultalabtest.com are branches of Quest Diagnostics.

• Bob May 28, 2018 at 8:52 am

I am sure you can get that test through Life Extension much cheaper.

• Madge hirsch May 29, 2018 at 2:52 pm Reply

That’s shocking. I paid €19 today at my local lab for my granddaughter who was visiting from England. They are almost impossible to get on the NHS there so I take her to get tested when she visits.

• L May 29, 2018 at 3:53 pm

wow! What’s weird is they paid for all the other vitamin/mineral tests…..

4. Ronna May 27, 2018 at 11:47 am Reply

Did you gain your weight back? Did you ever loose your sense of hunger? Has that returned?

• L May 27, 2018 at 1:40 pm Reply

I did gain the weight back. Took over 1 1/2 years. (sadly because of the sudden loss and Cipro’s effect on collagen it just destroyed the skin on my body.) And yes, I had to force myself to eat. I just was not hungry…but I was also so damaged in so many ways. I felt like I was dying and could barely walk. Food was really the last thing on my mind. (Not any more!) At first I also found eating depressing, not only because I had no appetite but it just seemed so difficult trying to find things I could eat. I had always had a pretty healthy diet but I didn’t limit myself. If I wanted pizza or Chinese food or even an occasional burger, I never thought twice about it. But suddenly I was afraid to eat everything. Cut out gmos, soy, dairy, gluten, etc. When I was finally mobile again, and able to go to the story, I would just look at the shelves and cry. I felt like there was nothing I could eat except organic fruits and vegetables. But once I got the hang of it I found meals that were healthy and also tasted good. Today I am still very careful when I purchase food but if I go to dinner with a friend I have relaxed a bit. I will usually order fish if they have it, but I don’t freak out because the vegetables aren’t organic. (I didn’t even go out for well over a year because I just didn’t think there was anything I could have.)

Now I almost have to watch putting on too much weight!

• Ronna May 27, 2018 at 2:00 pm Reply

Wow, this is a great help to me. Sounds just like how I feel. This gives me hope that things will get better. I’m eating a lot cleaner these days, it still have to force myself to eat. Lunch is the worst. I have put on about 12 pounds, but lost 26. I’m only 103 now, so I have to eat. Thanks for the input. How many years has it been for you?

• L May 27, 2018 at 6:31 pm

Three years, 4 months (but who’s counting? 😉 ) I was SEVERELY damaged…over 30 side effects including head to toe nerve damage; vision damage, olfactory nerve damage, and I felt like I was dying. I didn’t know you could feel that horrific and still be alive. I also got hives all over my body, my hair came out in handfuls, and I had severe mental issues. I have had over 100 IVs. Still dealing with some stuff and have some permanent things, but back doing things I thought I would never do again. So keep up the good clean eating…it gets better.

• Ronna May 28, 2018 at 4:23 am

L Every morning my head pressure is so bad. Will this go away? Any tips to help this? I wake up everyday at the exact same time. Is that wired? It is my worst symptom. I cry every morning. Is this what happened to you? I also have severe dry mouth, will this improve? I feel like I need encouragement or something, I’m about to GIVE up. Like you said, how can you be alive and feel like this. My husband is thinking it’s all in my head. Life is getting difficult.

• Don Mowers May 28, 2018 at 5:58 am

Ronna …. It appears that if one is floxed and going through all the terrible symptoms that occur we must accept the fact that there are people out there who are, nice and great people, but truly ignorant. Ignorant about Fluroquinolones and what they can do to a person. One can only hope that they are not ignorant enough to allow themselves to be floxed.
          My only advice centers around “DIVERSION”. Do your best to divert your attention from your “terrible” problems toward other things. Very difficult but the more one concentrates on their illness the more devastating it feels. Find what ever you are capable of doing and try to focus on that and not on how bad you feel. No one else can feel your pain the way you do. Try to ignore the fact that they are ignorant.

• L May 28, 2018 at 9:59 am

OH Ronna, I am so sorry, and I so understand what you are feeling. Sadly, NO ONE who has not been through this will ever understand. One friend who saw me at the worst, drove me to appointments….even she at one point “mocked” a reaction I had to scents. This was such a horrifying side effect. There is no way to adequately describe it. It was as if I was stuck 24/7 in a small elevator with open vats of bleach. EVERYTHINH asphyxiated me, even “unscented” products. It would have been a deal breaker had it persisted longer than the few months it did, because there was no way to live life that way. And yet, this friend of mine, after it got better (I still have sensitivities) made fun of me one day and it just made me want to cry. So your husband not understanding is all too familiar. And yet—how could they?

Head pressure was one thing I did not have. I know several others on this site have so hopefully they will respond. As for waking up at the same time I think that is pretty normal behavior.

Yes, I cried every morning. Every afternoon. Every night. (again, I was gasping for breath, could barely see, barely move, in extreme pain, AND had mental side effects too.) I think the first day I did NOT cry, was almost one and half years later!

Yes, I had severe dry mouth. Also my tongue was white. As I got IVs, and took probiotics and used the HCL betaine, that eventually went away. I can’t remember exactly when, but it was at least 8 months down the line.

Do you have an ND you trust or an integrative doctor? It helps not only physically but mentally as well. After being thrown under the bus by 12 MDs, the ND (who had seen a few floxies before me) was the first one to give me hope. And to actually know how to help. (At this point my olfactory damage was so bad, I had to immediately be whisked into a room by myself, with the door shut. They had to put out a tiny coconut candle they kept at reception, and even after it was out, I could smell it for an hour.) Once I was able to join the rest of the IV-getters, it was helpful to talk to them. While there were no other floxies currently there, many of them had Lyme, which has many similar side effects. They know the feeling of looking normal, and people wondering abut them really being ill.

Within the first months of this happening, when the major impactful side effects seemed to hit me all at once…the struggling to breathe, the feeling like I was dying, the vision problems, heart problems, excruciating pain, weight loss and gut issues, and on and on, I really didn’t think there was any way I could go on. A good friend of mine had killed himself just around the time the side effects were hitting me. Of course all his other friends were saying how awful it was and all I could think was how LUCKY he was. I was so afraid though of screwing it up and ending up in a hospital pumped full of more chemicals, or ending up with more side effects. So fear of screwing up kept me alive. Now I am so glad it did. Just keep telling yourself “this is temporary.” Are you in the US? Perhaps if you give the area where you live, you can connect with someone else who is going through this on this site.

Don’t know if it will help, but you may want to get your husband a copy of Dr Jay Cohen’s book. (I notice it says out of print, limited availability) How We Can Halt The Cipro & Levaquin Catastrophe: The Worst Medication Disaster In U.S. History. https://www.amazon.com/How-Halt-Cipro-Levaquin-Catastrophe/dp/1518626866

• Don Mowers May 28, 2018 at 10:19 am

Another book that is pretty good too is “BITTER PILLS” inside the world of legal drugs by Stephen Fried. It is written by him as a chronology of his wife’s struggles with the after effects of a Fluoroquinolone antibiotic.

• L May 28, 2018 at 10:28 am

yes, that was the beginning. I actually was in touch with Mr Fried after I had written a book based on my Cipro diary. I knew it would be tough to get it published and didn’t want to self-publish so I was asking if he would be interested in co-authoring it with me. He sent a very kind reply but said he never wanted to write another book involving the pharmaceutical industry again!

5. L May 28, 2018 at 9:15 am Reply

Since we’re all concerned with damaged mitochondria, this was of interest. Mercola mentions several different potential helpful elements. Btw, I actually got IVs of NAD+. This is also used now for helping to detox those coming off of drugs. It is very expensive, and you have to do so many hours of it at least several days in a row. Did it do anything? No way to tell really. But I would try some of these other things. https://products.mercola.com/mitomix-ketogenic-blend/?utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=dpe&utm_campaign=20180528Z1_UCM&et_cid=DM210476&et_rid=317854770

6. Ronna May 28, 2018 at 9:49 am Reply

Thank you Don, that is what I have discovered. Keep my mind busy, I have difficulty sitting still so I am always moving, cleaning house rearranging things, hence no weight gain. Now trying to read or watch movies. My body just can’t sit still, and when I do, your right, my illness is the main focus. Thinking of going back to work part time to keep my mind busy. Wondering if I can do it. Thanks for your input.

• L May 28, 2018 at 10:18 am Reply

just left a post for you and then read this. At my worst I could not do any of that. All I could do was curl up in the fetal position and cry. Couldn’t move. Didn’t have the strength or breath. And I couldn’t read…too many visual problems. Couldn’t watch tv or listen to music–too stimulating. So I there I was, just a lump on the sofa for most of the first year. There is no way I could have worked. I could barely shuffle to the bathroom just a few feet away.

This is not even a complete list, but this is what I experienced: Large, opaque eye floaters and dozens of small black “dots” that would cover walls and floors ; blurred vision in right eye; greatly diminished vision for months (used magnifying glass); extreme light sensitivity / sensivity to fluroescent lights; frightening “light show” in center of vision, right eye; small “lightning” sparks in periphery both eyes; numbness and spasming in pinky, ring finger and middle finger; golf ball sized lump & brusining over the inside inner left wrist ; Tenosynovitis; extreme insomnia (no sleep for 2 weeks followed by 1-2 hours sleep for months) suicidal thoughts, paranoia, depression & extreme anxiety; torn meniscus; electrical zaps in the right knee and itching of extremities; grotesquely exaggerated sense of smell(hyperosmia); olfactory hallucinations; urinary retention, bladder pressure, frequent urination; intravaginal sense of shards of glass; struggling for each breath (Dyspnea); Excruciating pain in the mid-upper right back area; heart palpitations & crushing pain; inability to regulate heat/cold; increased skin sensitivity; over-production of phlegm; fatigue, fuzzy thinking; 36 lb weight loss in 6 weeks; food sensitivities; pain and swelling in the lower left hand thumb;numbness spreading from the toes to the balls of the feet/calves; sense of dying; body wide hives, hair coming out in handfulls & severely parched skin; white stool and digestive/elimniation issues; inability to stand erect or walk without assistance; tinnitus; sensitivity to loud noises; pericardial effusion; sensations of being choked
      popping sensation in the hip, knee and back. Knee pain …

So you’re already WAY ahead of where I started from….and I am 90-something percent “back.” So take heart.

• harriet May 29, 2018 at 4:04 pm Reply

Similar in fact to the side effects and withdrawal sxs of the benzodiazepines yet another poison courtesy of Big Pharma.

7. Ronna May 28, 2018 at 10:37 am Reply

Yes, I am doing much better than you were. I don’t know how your doing it. It’s unimaginable! It has been 17 months for me, my hair fell out too, my food sensativities have improved and the ringing in my ears comes and goes now. Gut issues and head pressure are my biggest problems. Fortunately for me I only have dry eye now. In the beginning my right eye always filled up with blood for no reason. It’s been a year since this occurred. My extremities are always stiff. It I keep moving. I could not sleep either, MD gave me remeron 7.5mg for sleep and weight gain. It works some, but I would like to get off it, when I try too much anxiety. I recently found a ND to work with, he has given me CBD oil to wean myself off the remeron. He has 3 others like me so he is very interested in helping. I have had 2 IVs so far and have felt better after each one. Going for another tomorrow. I think I’m on the right tract now. I live in Tampa, Florida and would like to meet up with someone in my area so we could support each other. Thank you all for being there for me.

• L May 28, 2018 at 11:34 am Reply

Honestly, I don’t know how I did it either. I am amazed sometimes that I am still here.

I actually was on sleeping pills for a while. I really didn’t want any pharmaceuticals, but because I was gasping for every breath, it was the only way I could get any sleep at all. Even with the pills, I got only 1-2 hours, then I would jolt awake, feeling like I was choking. As soon as I was breathing even a little bit better, and I was sleeping around 6 hours with the pills, I started weaning off them. Not that you have to (I don’t think), but I felt like I would be able to sleep better that way, if I tricked my body into it. I went to 1/2 pill for a couple weeks and the 1/4, and it actually worked! I have had periods of insomnia or an occasional night but mostly I sleep 7-8 hours a night now.

So glad you found someone who is helping you. The IV I got the most of was phosphatydilcholine. I know nothing about this site, but it gives a good explanation of it http://www.regenaspen.com/phosphatidylcholine-therapy-(pc).html

I also had had to wean off of inhaled steroids I had been taking for decades, which contained not only steroids but fluoride! Here I was, so damaged, and already gasping for each breath (either mitochondrial damage to the heart muscle or CNS damage) and I couldn’t imagine getting an asthma attack ON TOP of that. It was already so horrifying, trying to breathe. Yet, I was afraid I would never get better if I kept adding to the toxic burden. So my ND put me on H2O2 IVs (a doctor told me “no, you shouldn’t do that. It’s dangerous,” but I didn’t care at that point. Either I could get off the meds or I would die. Win-win! 🙂

Well, after half a dozen IVs I started to wean off…I went from 2 puffs twice a day, to one twice a day, then one once a day. I then went asthma and asthma med free for almost three years! (I have since had some issues, but dealt only with natural treatments.) I tell you all this because I am not sure how much the H2O2 actually helped with other of my side effects as well. Had he not given me the H2o2 he said he would have used ozone on me (but they have much overlap.) So that is something else you might want to ask your doctor about. (The other things I got were high dose C (50,ooo) and Myers, and often a push of glutathione with all but the h2o2.

• Pauline June 8, 2018 at 4:28 pm Reply

L Mind my asking which sleeping pills u were taking?

• L June 8, 2018 at 10:09 pm

zolpidem…the generic of ambien….and again, I would caution anyone to avoid these if possible, but for me, since I was gasping and struggling for each breath, every moment of the day…there was no choice. It was my only reprieve, and even with the pills, I got only 1-2 hours a night in the beginning. I also went in with “a plan,” and followed it. As soon as I was breathing well enough to sleep 6 hours with the pill, I began weaning off over a period of two weeks. Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 9, 2018 at 3:01 am

Paulina,I think the only safe sleep medication for Floxies is melatonine. And,preferably,the natural one made out of tomatoes,here called: Melatomatine.Ingredients,in dutch:

Melatomatine® bevat per tablet:
          300 mg Tomatenextract (0,1 mg Melatonine)
          55 mg Vitamine C 92%
          9 mg Vitamine E 90%
          4 mg Bètacaroteen

• L June 9, 2018 at 8:10 am

Interestingly I tried melatonin, and had night terrors. Couldn’t use it.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 9, 2018 at 10:05 am

What people don’t understand,and docters neither (or they don’t tell you) is the fact that the optimal dose for using melatonine differs not only from person to person but also from situation to situation. In fact,it’s a supplementation to the melatonine you’re making yourself.. It depends,from day to day,on the food you ate,the time you’ve spend in the sun,and,not to forget,the factors that work against the effect of the melatonine.

Alcohol,to name one,is known to cause a faster elemination of melatonine from your system;after falling asleep quite well you wake up way to early (after 4-5 hours).Anxciousness makes it less effective (not a shortage of melatonine but the anxcious feelings keep you from sleeping).Depressive thoughts can keep you awake despite of taking a high dose of melatonin.

Most of the adverse reactions on melatonine are caused by a to high dose;better start with a low dose (0,2 to 0,3 mg),and when,after a week or so,the effect is to low,take a bit more,untill you reach the dose where it works well without adverse or after-effects.

8. Ronna May 28, 2018 at 12:00 pm Reply

Tomorrow I will get a Meyers IV with a push of Glutathione. I had it once before and the next day a white creamy liquid was on my lips like lipstick. I figured that was the poison coming out of me as my lips have been so very dry. See what tomorrow brings. I will try to wean myself from the remeron once I get a healthy weight. Your plan is good. ND gave me CBD oil to use at night. Doesnt seem to do anything. I’m surprised they would give you such a chemical for your body. I do not smoke, I think they give that for people trying to quit smoking to reduce anxiety. It doesnt touch the relentless anxiety this disease has.

• L May 28, 2018 at 12:17 pm Reply

hmmmm, never heard of that reaction. you know at one point when my tongue was all white, my ND said it was yeast and put me on oil of oregano which has now become my go-to for all ills…colds, flu, sinus infection, etc.

What chemical?

9. Ronna May 28, 2018 at 3:59 pm Reply

What kind of oregano oil do you use and how do you use it. I’ve read a little about it, but not sure what to use and how. Any info would be appreciated 😊

• L May 28, 2018 at 4:17 pm Reply

I buy one that is organic and is already in carrier oil, like Natural Factors. You put several drops under your tongue. Let it sit for about ten seconds, add a little water and swirl it around and swallow. IT is GROSS but you get used to it and it is so worth it. You need to make sure it is a carrier oil though. There are capsules available but they are not as effective nor do they work as quickly. Prior to the Cipro, when I got the flu, I got very ill. It was followed by pneumonia a couple times, and always horrible asthma trouble. (And that’s back when I was getting a flu shot!) I no longer get flu shots. I got the flu this last year and with the oil of oregano I actually started feeling better within a day, and was over it in about 5. You don’t want to be on it longer than 7-10 days.

10. Ronna May 28, 2018 at 4:46 pm Reply

What is a carrier oil? Is it once a day, everyday?

11. Ronna May 28, 2018 at 4:47 pm Reply

When do you take it besides illness like the flu?

• L May 28, 2018 at 4:51 pm Reply

I have used it for colds, sinus infection, or if I just feel like I am coming down with something

12. Andrea May 29, 2018 at 1:28 pm Reply

Hey Guys. Any info on Lorazepam (ativan) do you think that taking it for a couple of days would be hazardous?

• L May 29, 2018 at 1:51 pm Reply

Obviously it is better to take no pharmaceuticals BUT having said that…I have used alprazolam (similar, different company) several times since being floxed. Once for dental work and twice for flying. No problems. And since I only use it very occasionally no issue “getting off of it.”

• harriet June 1, 2018 at 3:23 pm Reply

For those considering taking any drugs for anxiety, depression etc may I suggest that you take a look at the Ashton Manual re benzodiazepines and their detrimental effect on the brain and body.

13. Ronna May 29, 2018 at 1:47 pm Reply

My doctor gave it to me in the beginning, to take 0.5 mg three times a day. It really helped me with the relentless anxiety. Now that the anxiety has subsided some, I only take it once a day in the morning, which is my worst time. I can’t get off of it. I’m now trying to wean myself off slowing, but it’s difficult. But it sure helped when I needed it. How bad is your anxiety?

14. Daniela May 29, 2018 at 3:04 pm Reply

Many people on Floxie Hope for years have had a lot of problems using those kinds of pharmaceuticals, Andrea. You might be sensitive to them and then it’s too late.

I try to remember that anxiety and insomnia, which is my body crying about what happened, are also energy. You can redirect that energy. I never think suppressing is a good thing. After all the work with diet and the other modalities, it’s not worth the risk to take any more pharma.

Try any Youtube meditation. Meditating can be more restful than sleep. It can be very comforting as well.

• Don Mowers May 30, 2018 at 5:36 am Reply

Very interesting article. If sweating out toxins is correct there should be no problem here in Arizona’s Valley of the Sun. No need for a sauna. Just spend some time outside. Now days the afternoon temperature is bumping to 110* in some places.
      Double duty. Get your sun exposure for the Vitamin D while sweating out toxins at the same time.

15. Andrea May 30, 2018 at 4:20 am Reply

Thanks everyone for the infos and opinions. I was thinking about Lorazepam because I hate to fly, and since I have to go to London I was thinking about something to help me with that issue. Anyway, I remember using it in the past, when I had to fly, and it never gave me much problems, but as Daniela pointed out, it’s probably not worth the risk. I don’t know…

• L May 30, 2018 at 8:23 am Reply

I totally am in the same boat. Only my problem is claustrophobia, so I really have no choice. if I don’t take something I can’t fly. Fortunately I had no problem with Xanax, and since it used so infrequently there is no issue with “getting off it.” On the other hand I totally agree that best to avoid any pharmaceuticals if you can.

• Barbara Arnold May 30, 2018 at 10:02 am Reply

L….Any phobia is a learned behaviour and can be ‘cured’ very quickly. If you want to feel differently all you have to do is find a good hypnotherapist preferably one who is also an NLP, ( neuro linguistic practitioner) and in one or two sessions the phobia can be ‘cured’ There is always a ‘source’ to phobia’s and every experience you have can add to that, building up a strong chain. Going back to the source and changing it can break the chain (of events). You can research this yourself.

• L May 30, 2018 at 10:04 am

um, no. I cannot be “cured very quickly.” I have tried that.

• Pauline June 3, 2018 at 5:24 pm

Barbara I have agoraphobia caused by a benzo I am weaning off. Will the agoraphobia clear up?

• Barbara Arnold May 30, 2018 at 10:10 am Reply

Possibly you have not found the right therapist yet. This is a very important componant. My own husband had a phobia of dentists but did not want to find the right therapist because if he did that would mean he would have to go to the dentist, which is part of the phobia. I am a qualified hypnotherapist and a Master NLP therapist and like I said the therapist and their experience is paramount. There are a lot of amatures out there. I trained for six years.

16. Henk Noordhuizen May 30, 2018 at 4:21 am Reply

And an article on the dangers of sunscreens:

Just like you can get magnesium in your body transdermaly, these toxins use the same way.

A nice and safe experiment seems to bee: cut a piece of garlic in half and rub the cutsite of it on the underside of your feet. After half an hour,or an hour,other people can smell garlic in your breath.So: be aware of what you put ON your body as well as what you put in it by eating and drinking.

• Don Mowers May 30, 2018 at 5:26 am Reply

Henk … Proof that you can’t believe everything you read on the Internet. I read in a very serious sounding article that we should all strive to get at least 15 minutes a day in the sun.
      Well ….. That’s pretty well known. What the kicker in the article was is that it recommended that while getting this sun exposure “YOU SHOULD USE SUNSCREEN”. May I laugh here???

• Henk Noordhuizen May 30, 2018 at 6:51 am Reply

Laughing is permitted,Don. Here’s another reason for laughing: In the Netherlands the sun is only high enough in the sky to let UV-B come through the atmosphere and to make vit. D between the end of april and the beginning of august,between 11:00 and 15:00. That’s excactly the time the “professionals” advise us to stay out of the sun or use a thick layer of sunscreen.

By the way: vit. D protects against cancer,skin cancer as well.

A funny remark I read a while ago was from a guy who’s aunt died of skin cancer. He told that she was very,very sun-shy and the only way the sun could have reached the spot where she got the cancer would have been,her,totaly naked,making a headstand in the sun with her legs spread wide.Mayby she was,after all,a naughty aunt?

17. Ronna May 30, 2018 at 10:31 am Reply

Does anyone know how Ken Ward is doing?

• Henk Noordhuizen May 30, 2018 at 12:49 pm Reply

Hi Ronna,I was wondering the same,and I’m worried. But I hope he is still among us,and searching,and hoping for solutions. As by now;I am trying to force my body to repair the mitochondria by putting them to work. First times I was extremely tired after doing only small things (compared to my pre-Cipro activities).It was a very strange and frightening kind of being tired;even too tired to take a shower. Forced myself to shower anyway,in the hope of feeling better after the shower but to my disapointment I felt no improvement’I took several days to recover from just a little work in the garden.

But I kept on going the same way and now I’m starting to be more active and feel less tired afterwards. Had a severe backpain,lasting 1 1/2 week that put a brake on my garden work but even then I managed to work the ground of part of my garden and I planted 15 tomato plants,grown from “my own” sees from last year. And,when finished,I felt great! This “system” really seems to work! It’s not an easy way,and my tendons,and the rest of my body,protested in a way that almost discouraged me enough to stop,but I’m glad I didn’t.

I hope that Ken is still there,and reading this,and other succes-stories,and I hope that we will manage to give him courage and hope to go on and have patience (and you need a lot of patience,when you’re floxed).I must admit that I’m,at the moment,doing the Beck protocol (from beginning of february,and without consuming Colloidal (Ionic) silver),and that might have took care of part of the pains. And the ozonated water gave me some extra energy,but now my ozonator is broke;I thank Mediverse.de for selling me this too sell me this rubbish,claiming that it was the same quality as the one from Sota.

Ken,if you’re still there,and reading this,please,let us know. We’re really worried about you!!

• Lisa May 30, 2018 at 2:49 pm Reply

I just sent him an email asking how he’s doing. If he gives me permission to share, I’ll let you know what he says.

• Henk Noordhuizen May 30, 2018 at 3:13 pm Reply

Thanx,Lisa;this radio-silence really got me worried!

18. Chad May 30, 2018 at 2:29 pm Reply

I served in the USAF. I was at Kelly afb and worked on East Kelly. Both are known to be very toxic. I was around radio active items in New Mexico. I went to Saudi Arabia twice, Kuwait and later to Iraq for the invasion. I was exposed to depleted uranium and god knows what else. Needless to say my health is in bad shape with all kinds of strange symptoms. The va did several test and told me that I was “exposed to an unidentified toxin”. That’s all I have been able to get from them. The answers are always vague.
    I really need to find a doctor who would be willing to investigate my issues. I know that I am not alone and many veterans are suffering. I believe that depleted uranium will be the agent orange for my generation of veterans.

• Lisa May 30, 2018 at 2:41 pm Reply

Thank you very much for your service, Chad! I’m very sorry to hear that you were poisoned while serving our country. That is beyond unacceptable.

Did fluoroquinolone antibiotics (Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox, Floxin, and their generic counterparts) contribute to your toxicity symptoms? Have you ever taken those antibiotics? If so, it’s certainly worth looking into whether or not they contributed to your health troubles.

I suggest that you look into the work of Dr. Beatrice Golomb. She is a research scientist that has done a lot of work with Gulf War veterans as well as people who have been hurt by fluoroquinolones. I believe that she worked for the VA as well. Her papers (many of which are available on pubmed) may help, and they may also lead you to other doctors and scientists who are looking at chronic illness in veterans.

Here is a post about how to approach fluoroquinolone toxicity – https://floxiehope.com/2015/10/12/im-floxed-now-what/. I think that a lot of the advice and guidance that is available to “floxies” can help anyone suffering from multi-symptom, chronic, mysterious illness.

• Henk Noordhuizen May 30, 2018 at 3:08 pm Reply
    • Henk Noordhuizen May 30, 2018 at 3:11 pm Reply

And this one?

There’s more info on this,just search for Cipro + Gulf war syndrom

• chad chase May 30, 2018 at 3:32 pm Reply

Im familiar with a lot of the research. Thank you for the articles.
      The problem is finding a doctor that will look into it. For the most part va docs act like they don’t want to diagnose anything. They will treat symptoms but thats it. I really need to find a good doctor that wants to investigate. Not only am I sick, my wife is too. She has had all types of strange symptoms too. She also has lupus.
      My family health history is dismal at best. Frontal temporal lobe dementia runs in my family and Parkinson’s disease. I am sure that my genetics have contributed to my health but I think exposure was the trigger. My mother started showing symptoms in her fifties. I am 40 and it terrifies me.

• L May 30, 2018 at 5:37 pm Reply

Sorry for all you and your wife are going through. It’s a lot to deal with.

Sadly, you will find that most MDs do not have the time/interest/inclination to delve into this. I saw a dozen doctors and each time I went armed with papers on flq toxicity, and I couldn’t even get them to do a cursory glance.

You would likely do better, as I have, with integrative or functional doctors and/or naturopathic doctors. The latter literally saved my life. He had seen several floxies before me. He also treated many cancer patients and those with Lyme (which presents with many similar side effects as fluoroquinolone toxicity.) What state are you in? Some states have more integrative doctors than others. That is where I would start. It would be nice to get a referral, because you don’t want to go to just anyone. I was fortunate in that I found my ND’s name on floxie hope, and I found my integrative internist through a fellow patient there who was getting IVs. When I went to my integrative MD, the approach was quite different than from other doctors I had ever seen. The first thing he did was order a diagnostic test that tested for certain genetic mutations, as well as things that most doctors don’t test for (inflammation markers, coq10, B vitamins, etc.

And now I am vaguely remembering a study that was going on that I had tried to get into, but it was more for vets, regarding Cipro. While the study is over, perhaps I can figure out who the doctors were. I will look. I have changed computers since then, so not sure I will find anything, but let me see if I can try to recall something.

• chad chase May 30, 2018 at 5:54 pm

I sent Dr. Golomb an email.
          You are right about docs either not having time, interest or both.
          I live in Georgia but I moved here from VA in 2013. Va is where I got lyme disease and babesiosis. I had a great doc there, Dr Geoffrey Gubb. He was forced into retirement for treatment and advocating for lyme patients. The va told me lyme disease didn’t exist. I think that a lot of doctors are scared to treat certain things for fear of backlash. I recently started seeing a local, civilian doc. She has been wonderful compared to the va. The va was either negligent or purposely didn’t tell me that I was diabetic and my liver was 5x where its supposed to be. I have a feeling that the va knew what was wrong. But didn’t tell me because they caused the problem. Over a decade of ssri’s and every other off label med they made me take without proper monitoring. The ssri’s are known to cause diabetes.

• L May 30, 2018 at 6:07 pm

OMG. No Lyme disease? Yikes! I have now gotten 100 IVs for flq toxicity, and many of the IVs I got, were given to those with Lyme. I am continually astounded at the resistance by mainstream medicine to look/think outside the medical school box (which is based on big pharma treatments.) And yes, I think OFTEN that resistance is based on wanting to cover their butts as well.

well, I just did a quick search and found an integrative medicine place in Georgia, but it has closed it’s doors. However, you might want to try to track down this Dr Kim that is mentioned, and see if she has suggestions for you.

• Bob May 30, 2018 at 8:07 pm

The Cleveland Clinic told my daughter they could be shut down by the CDC for treating Lyme disease.

Y

• chad chase May 30, 2018 at 8:11 pm

An ex nazi scientist created lyme disease on plumb island. Directly across the bay from Lyme Ct. The US army owns a patent on it. It was originally created to be a weapon.

• L May 30, 2018 at 8:53 pm

wow. That is pathetic. My doctor is known as the lyme specialist around here.

• Daniela May 31, 2018 at 9:22 am Reply

Hi Chad, The meds given for dementia cause Parkinson’s, so you might not really have that in your family. By the way, some countries are refusing to allow the meds prescribed for Alzheimer’s, saying that they have all been proven useless and harmful.

The medical establishment has argued it would be inhumane not to prescribe something. Unbelievable!

• chad chase May 31, 2018 at 10:20 am

Dementia, frontal temporal lobe dementia in particular is what killed my mother, my grandfather and great grandfather. They never took any Parkinson’s meds. My grandmother on my mother’s side had Parkinson’s not dementia.
          Ftd took less than 8 years to kill my mother.

• Lisa June 1, 2018 at 6:32 am Reply

In addition to Dr. Golomb, Dr. Nancy Klimas may be a good resource too. Here is her website – http://www.nova.edu/nim/clinic/dr.-nancy-klimas-bio-page.html. And her bio states, “Nancy Klimas, MD, has more than 30 years of professional experience and has achieved international recognition for her research and clinical efforts in multi-symptom disorders, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), Gulf War Illness (GWI), Fibromyalgia, and other Neuro Immune Disorders. She is immediate past president of the International Association for CFS and ME (IACFS/ME), a professional organization of clinicians and investigators, and is also a member of the VA Research Advisory Committee for GWI, the NIH P2P CFS Committee, and the Institute of Medicine ME/CFS Review Panel. Dr. Klimas has advised three Secretaries of Health and Human Services, including Kathleen Sabelius, during her repeated service on the Health and Human Services CFS Advisory Committee. Dr. Klimas has been featured on Good Morning America, in USA Today and the New York Times.” She has some good resources for people suffering from GWI as well as those suffering from ME/CFS. As we know, the symptoms of fluoroquinolone toxicity overlap with the symptoms of GWI and ME/CFS, so her research and resources may be helpful for floxies too.

19. toby May 31, 2018 at 12:41 am Reply

Which detox supplement could be used for mercury toxicity, if amalgam fillings are still present in the mouth?

20. Andrea May 31, 2018 at 3:23 am Reply

Hey guys,
    after thinking about it, I’m not going to take any drug to try to calm my fear of flying. Anyway, since in my town they recently opened a lot of CBD stores, I’m going to try again some CBD, maybe in stronger dosages, to see if it’ll calm me a little.
    PS I’ve seen Lisa and other floxies mentioning The Golomb research group. I suggest anyone here, to google it and answer their questionnaire, if you already haven’t done yet.
    If I remember correctly, they’re collecting informations about FQ adverse effects since 2014. Do it! It will cost you nothing and it’s very important. We’re all angry and wary about doctors, but sometimes there’re some of them that really try to change things for the better.
    Here’s the link :

21. Ronna May 31, 2018 at 4:31 am Reply

Does anyone take blood pressure medication? I haven’t been taking mine because I’m afraid of medicine now, but pressure getting higher. Had to take it today, but didn’t want to. What are the thoughts on this?

• Don Mowers May 31, 2018 at 6:21 am Reply

Look to herbals and other natural ways to lower blood pressure. Proper magnesium level is supposed to help. All prescription BP meds are just band-aides with their own side effects.
      Look at magnesium, olive leaf extract etc. etc. Google for more “natural” ways.

• L May 31, 2018 at 8:43 am Reply

A friend of mine started going to my integrative internist and one of the first things he did was take him off the blood pressure meds and put him on CoQ 10 (ubiquinol if over 40). Diet is also a major part, and exercise. I have also heard that acupuncture can help with that. Personally, I will avoid any pharmaceutical when possible and try to find the natural alternative. Do an online search on coq10 and blood pressure.

• Daniela May 31, 2018 at 9:10 am Reply

Hibiscus tea lowers blood pressure. In the summer you can just put a dried flower or two in a bottle of water and it makes a deep pink, naturally sweet tasting drink. It’s the flower you see on Hawaiian Punch! You can get a whole bag for just a few dollars and it’s really refreshing.

In the Southwest it’s called Jamaica, but in Jamaica it’s called Sorrel!

22. saff May 31, 2018 at 7:17 am Reply

Has anyone taken sudafed? Did you have a reaction to it?

• L May 31, 2018 at 8:47 am Reply

I was afraid to take anything and I used to live on Sudafed! I have terrible allergies. I mostly used other things (not always successful) like saline spray, neti pot, inhaling essential oils, and I tried different supplements (natural) that were supposed to help. Quercetin helped a bit. Mostly I just put up with the stuffiness. That finally (mostly) went away but am dealing with nonstop post nasal drip now, which then drops into my chest, and causes breathing issues Still working on that one, although I have found some relief with supplements.

• Daniela May 31, 2018 at 9:24 am Reply

If you can identify your alleries, BioAllers really worked for me for pet dander and ragweed.

• Daniela May 31, 2018 at 9:24 am

*allergies

• L May 31, 2018 at 9:36 am

that’s funny, I actually read “allergies,” the first time. At least your typos are readable! I end up with something that leaves people shaking their heads!

• chad chase May 31, 2018 at 10:37 am

My wife and I have been thinking about making a healing garden and growing medicinal plants and making tinctures for ourselves and other vets. I think that instead of cures and meds made in labs we need to look to the earth.

• L May 31, 2018 at 2:07 pm

could not agree more! My go-to now whenever I get sick is oil of oregano tincture. I have also gotten rid of asthma with black seed oil. Also have used colloidal silver for cuts and infections. So many natural alternatives out there.

• L May 31, 2018 at 9:35 am

didn’t have luck with that. I am allergic to everything! One of the problems is (I think) the damage to mast cells from the Cipro. I used to have seasonal allergies, now its 12 months a year. Looking into allergy drops. (I had done the shots years ago, and they actually worked very well, but “wore off.”)

• Pauline June 2, 2018 at 5:26 am Reply

Sudafed is contraindicated if person has asthma.

• L June 2, 2018 at 9:51 am Reply

hmmmm not sure where you got that. I have asthma and Sudafed actually helped with that. I used a LOT of it because of many allergies. (I no longer use it post Cipro)

• Pauline June 4, 2018 at 4:49 am

pharmacists x12, it has to be prescribed and used cautiously.

• Don Mowers June 4, 2018 at 6:58 am

From Google … Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) is a specific decongestant that can increase blood pressure. NSAIDs may increase your blood pressure. … Decongestants may prevent your blood pressure medication from working properly. If you are going to consider the use of Sudafed just be aware if how it can affect your blood pressure.

• Barbara Arnold June 4, 2018 at 3:10 am Reply

Pauline,
        Phobia’s are different from fears. Fear is an important emotion. You need fear in dangerous situations, hence fight or flight, which is inbuilt in our psychi.
        If you have a ‘TRUE’ phobia you can definately be helped with a good hypnotherapist who also pratices NLP. There are many different therapists and methods of getting rid of a phobia’s, so its important to make sure whoever you see is an accredited Practitioner who is a Member of an association. You have to research just like we do here. In all my years of practice I never came across a phobia that I couldn’t get rid of. It’s to much for me to explain here. If you do see a therapist but you have no rappor with that person, don’t be afraid of telling them you are not going any further. You will ‘know’ when you get the right one for you.
        I really have no idea if your phobia will ‘go away on it’s own’ but if it doesn’t you can be helped if you follow the advice above.

23. chad chase May 31, 2018 at 10:22 am Reply

Alzheimer’s is on my fathers side. All the women died of that and the men, soon to include my dad, smoked themselves to death.

• Daniela May 31, 2018 at 10:54 am Reply

RE Healing garden. I am growing herbs and making oils and tinctures, too. A lot of them are native to the south, plus there’s a lot of knowledge synthesized from the Native Americans, early settlers, African Americans and immigrants from all over. I also don’t trust what’s in the bottle and think “natural” is a profit-driven industry just as much as the medical establishment.

At the very least, we can grow some green herbs to eat instead of buying them and getting listeria or whatever the last outbreak was.

My parsley always gets eaten by caterpillars, but the butterflies are worth it.

• chad chase May 31, 2018 at 11:04 am Reply

You are absolutely right. Our grandparents had illnesses like tb, but they didn’t have all the illnesses and issues we have now. We as a whole have been poisoning ourselves with processed foods, strange synthetic medicines and there are nasty chemicals in almost everything now. I can only imagine what I was exposed to in Iraq. I feel for the Iraqi people who have to live in a country contaminated with depleted uranium. Its a nasty substance used in armor piercing rounds. Before the war we were told it was only dangerous when on fire. Everything was on fire. They load them with incendiary rounds, so everything burned.

• L May 31, 2018 at 2:05 pm Reply

There is also a strong link now between your gut microbiome and diseases like Alzheimers. There are lots of articles out there, but here is one study. Another great reason to eat clean, take probriotics and make sure your gut is in good shape.

• chad chase May 31, 2018 at 2:10 pm Reply

My guts are awful. They have been since I returned from Iraq. As a matter of fact, the va always ask about that. They are looking for something but they don’t tell us. The va uses vets as lab rats for all kinds of stuff. I hate it. 90% of the meds they push are off label. They drug you out of your mind and then you have to navigate complex legal matters to get your benefits. The va is awful.

• L May 31, 2018 at 2:58 pm

Best thing is a good probiotic with billions of units and a number of different strains…the kind you need to refrigerate. Fermented foods are good too. No GMOs, and the less processed foods the better. Lots of organic fruits and vegetables. If you need digestion help there are digestive enzymes as well as HCL Betaine for meals with proteins.

My gut was destroyed by the Cipro. I lost 1/4 my body weight in 6 weeks. Couldn’t eat (partially because I was gasping for every breath) but also I just couldn’t get anything down. I lived on smoothies for a year: fresh or frozen berries, almond milk, coconut oil, almond butter, spinach or kale. For a while I added protein powder as well. Now I know if I had gone to a doctor, they would have sent me to a gastroenterologist, who would have prescribed a ppi, which are TERRIBLE for you, and based on the assumption that people have too much acid, when in fact, most have too little.

I finally got my gut back in good shape. I still take digestive enzymes and probiotics and will for life now.

24. Ronna June 2, 2018 at 4:49 am Reply

I had the SIBO test and it was negative. They said it was VERY CLEAN. I never pass intestinal gas and have major digestive problems with no hunger and very loose stools daily. I wonder it could be possible to have no intestinal bacteria, good or bad. Since going to the integrative internet, I
    have been taking a good probiotic daily and my gas has come back. Could this be my problem from the antibiotic.

25. Ronna June 2, 2018 at 6:57 am Reply

L I just got my Oil of Oregano in the mail. it is natural factors minimum 80% carvacrol oil with extra virgin olive oil. Is this what you use?

• L June 2, 2018 at 9:53 am Reply

That’s it!

26. Ronna June 2, 2018 at 7:50 am Reply

Thanks Don, these are very good sites! I’m not very good at making things like this, it I’ll try. Any good foods out there to buy? Should I eat pickles?

• Don Mowers June 2, 2018 at 9:05 am Reply

The easy go to seems to be sauerkraut. Maybe just 3 or 4 bites at a time. By what the advertising says one can ferment most any fruits or vegetables. The object seems to be that the fermenting (pickling) increases the probiotic activities of the fermented food. Done properly it is a “natural” thing so in most cases not at all detrimental to the gut. I bought the “Easy Fermenter” package but have not put it to work yet. I do use a probiotic and eat sauerkraut.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 2, 2018 at 10:47 am Reply

Fermented grapes are my favorite drink ;-))

27. Ronna June 2, 2018 at 9:29 am Reply

Is canned sauerkraut ok? Can I baked it, do you know?

• L June 2, 2018 at 9:55 am Reply

not all sauerkrauts are created equal. You want to get the kind from the health food store that says fermented. Canned ones are pasturized which kills all the good stuff.

• Don Mowers June 2, 2018 at 10:01 am Reply

Hmmmm. That’s good to know. Until I start making my own I’ll do that.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 2, 2018 at 10:58 am Reply

Why not make sauerkraut yourself? It’s very easy. You only need white cabage,salt and a container (you can buy special ones for this);must have a waterlock to get pressure out from the fermenting proces,and protects against bad bacteria and fungis from coming in.You might ask in chinese toko’s (shops) for a kimchi pot;chinese and other asian people often make their own fermented vegetables at home.It’s a ceramic pot with a lid. A little water between pot and lid acts as a waterlock. but glass containers like this will do too:

• L June 2, 2018 at 11:32 am

for those of us who live in small spaces and not much in the way of storage space it’s not feasible

• Henk Noordhuizen June 2, 2018 at 12:15 pm

Two or three liter-jars won’t take that much place, and will be enough for a few weeks,I suppose.I have a little kimchi pot (but the lid got lost,or broke),and I think it’s max. 1 liter. Korean and other asian people only take one or two spoons om kimchi with their dinner,for the tast and for good health.

I am using a spore-probiotic now,since about 1 – 1 1/2 month and I’m very satisfied with this one. It’s Lactospore (brandname) and contains the Bacillus Coagulans. This spore passes the stomach with ease and helps repair your gut flora.

• L June 2, 2018 at 1:01 pm

trust me. I live in a box with a mini-frig. I can touch the counter from my bed

• Daniela June 2, 2018 at 2:22 pm Reply

If you can buy a jar of sauerkraut, you have enough space to make it. One head fits in one jar, just put it in the jar with a little salt and it makes itself in three days. Anything you buy won’t have what you want because it wouldn’t be possible to keep on the store shelf.

• L June 2, 2018 at 4:38 pm

I buy refrigerated from the local health food store.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 2, 2018 at 10:45 am Reply

Better not heat it because that kills the bacteria (the actual probiotica). When you dont like raw sauerkraut,drink the fluid and take a bit of the sauerkraut aside. Cook the sauerkraut and add the bit of raw sauerkraut after finishing the cooking. Here we add meshed potatoos,butter and a bit of milk,a bit of salt,pepper and,if you like a bit of nutmeg,and mix wel. It’s called “stamppot”; you can make the same “recepy” with different kinds of vegetables; sauerkraut stamppot,carrot stamppot etc.

28. Jazmin June 2, 2018 at 4:33 pm Reply

Random web browsing brought me to this site and I am full of feelings. I’m am saddened and angry that so many of you have had to go through this. I’m also full of awe and hope as I read all these inspiring stories. I personally have not been floxed, however I was prescribed Levaquin for mild pneumonia. Earlier today, I took my last pill from my 7 day regimen. I cannot believe how deadly this drug is. I am a 25 year old woman who just started my career as an RN and I can’t imagine going through what many of you have. I am worried that I might have been poisoned by this drug and I’m wondering if there are any suggestions on how to get the Levaquin out of my body and prevent long term side effects?

• L June 2, 2018 at 4:41 pm Reply

Good! We need more people in the health fields that KNOW about these toxins. I would make sure you are getting a lot of magnesium. Up to 800 mg is what I took initially. There are different types which you can google to see which is least likely to cause diarrhea. Make sure to take probiotics, and don’t ever take another fluoroquinolone again. The main ones are Cipro, Levaquin and Avelox but there are others, and sadly most doctors don’t know what they are or how toxic they are.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 2, 2018 at 4:52 pm Reply

Hi Jazmin,sweating (sauna etc. ) might help getting the fluoriode out of your system,and supplementing magnesium is the first thing to do to protect you against the adverse reactions of this poison. research has shown that people with a magnesium deficiency are more prone to getting these adverse reactions. That’s one of the reasons that there is a warning/advice to monitor people over 60 years old very carefully when discribing these antibiotics;most elders have a mgn. deficiency.

I hope that,as for so many younger people,you’re lucky and will not have to go through all this misery. Your luck actually started when you found this website because next time your doctor prescribes you this AB,you’re a warned person! Ask for a milder AB,whenever possible; this class of AB’s should be preserved for last resort.

All the best to you!

• Lisa June 2, 2018 at 5:32 pm Reply

This post may help. It has some suggestions for supplements that may help to mitigate fluoroquinolone damage – https://floxiehope.com/2016/02/25/mitigating-fluoroquinolone-damage/.

29. Don June 3, 2018 at 12:35 am Reply

For anyone who might be interested here is the package insert for Leviqiun. Interesting how long and complicated it is. No wonder the average doctor never takes the time to read it AND BE INFORMED. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2008/021721s020_020635s57_020634s52_lbl.pdf
    Also interesting is how the side/after effects are dispersed throughout the insert and the serious ones are “called” rare.

• L June 3, 2018 at 9:05 am Reply

There used to be a picture online of a guy holding a Cipro one that was something like 43 pages long. And yes, the “rare” part is what really infuriates me, since millions of people have been injured. Problem is doctors don’t even take the millisecond to look at the black box warnings. They get all their info from sales reps.

30. Andrea June 3, 2018 at 4:31 am Reply

Hey guys,
    as you know, I’m going to London to speak at the EMA hearing. They’ll only give every speaker 5 minutes, to share his experience, so I?ll have to be very short and clear. I’m already preparing my speech, but a few suggestions would be appreciated.
    I was thinking to organize the speech in this way : 1 My story (why I was prescribed a FQ, how the doctor acted etc.) 2 The side effects, the earliest and the latest, 3 The conclusion ( how FQ affected my life, my htoughts on the safety and what doctors should do.
    What do you think about it?

• Barbara Arnold June 3, 2018 at 8:27 am Reply

Andrea,
      Perhaps you could mention how Doctors say we are ‘RARE’ along the lines of how they don’t connect the dots. My Doctor had no idea until I was diagnosed SEVEN months later after many tests showing nothing, a Rheumatologist took a medical history and found out I was given Cipro for bronchitis. If that happened to me, how many never find out and are diagnosed with things like ‘fibromyalgia’. How many go unreported to the EMA etc. I’m sure representatives from ‘Bayer’ will use the ‘RARE’ card to get away with it.
      Apart from that our hearts go with you and wish you all the luck in the world. You will meet many floxies there so you can all support each other.

• L June 3, 2018 at 9:11 am Reply

wow! That’s two minutes longer than we got in the states. Actually, as a public speaker, I can tell you, that’s a pretty long time to speak. Personally, I would just make the “why you were prescribed it” very brief. (“I was given this for a UTI.) I would list all the side effects but really put the emphasis on the effect (debilitating, nightmarish, terrifying, frustrating, etc.) Things you could do before that you can no longer do. The devastation on your life, your psyche, your ability to work, to enjoy life, etc. Don’t be afraid to throw a few numbers around either. (Dr chas Bennett estimated, extrapolating from the fda’s numbers that millions had been injured and 300,000 had DIED from flqs. …and that was several years ago.) Maybe mention how your doctor/pharmacy gave no warning of consequences. (Do they know these are chemo drugs?)

Good luck!

31. L June 3, 2018 at 11:13 am Reply

Here is some interesting reading from Alison Vickery. It talks about cell danger response phases (and yes even mentions fluoroquinolones as a culprit!) http://alisonvickery.com.au/cell-danger-response/

• Don M June 15, 2018 at 2:14 am Reply

A very interesting article. My take away is that homeostasis is a very important key to health. I have always maintained that prescription drugs (all of them) are foreign substances and upset the natural balance of the body. Homeostasis of the body. Bottom line. There is a lot more to good health than “a prescription med”. I am reposting the web site because I think that all floxies should read it. Thank you L for bringing this site to our attention.

32. Andrea June 3, 2018 at 11:15 am Reply

Thanks everyone.
    I will try my best

33. Ronna June 4, 2018 at 3:52 am Reply

L, that is a great article on cell danger response!

34. Andrea June 7, 2018 at 11:00 am Reply

Hey guys, I’ve just finished to write my speech for the upcoming hearing. What do you think, can I post it here aleready, so all of you could tell me what you think about it?

• L June 7, 2018 at 11:47 am Reply

sure….but I would just go with my gut. You are likely to get lots of different opinions!

• Pauline June 7, 2018 at 11:55 am Reply

Please do I am sure it is fine!!!!

• Barbara Arnold June 7, 2018 at 9:38 pm Reply

Be interesting to read it Andrea.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 8, 2018 at 12:44 am Reply

I’m interested to read it,too. I’m sure you did a good job on the writing The opinion of other floxies might be interesting,maybe even helpfull to bring it to perfection?

35. Ronna June 8, 2018 at 4:18 am Reply

Yes, that would be great! Please do.

36. Andrea June 8, 2018 at 4:41 am Reply

Here you go guys…

My name is Andrea and I’m 31 years old.
    In December 2016 I was prescribed Prulifloxacin 500 mg, to take for 10 days once a day, for a suspected prostatitis. At the time I was completely healthy and in my best physical shape. I was quite athletic. I used to run and lift weights. By the 5th day of treatment, I started to feel a tingling sensation in my left Achilles tendon. At day 6, since that sensation increased, I stopped the treatment. So I took a total of 6, 500 mg pills. In the next days, this feeling kept increasing, to the point where it was hard to me to walk or standing for more than 10/15 minutes. I can describe it as a burning and tingling sensation on both tendonds, ankles, calves and shinbones. It went on like this for about 5 to 6 months, then, the side effects of this drug really fleared up. The pain expanded in all the joints,muscles and bones of my body : ankles,shinbones, knees, shoulders, elbows, wrists and quads. It was an excruciating pain. Suddenly, many wrinkles appeared on my skin, expecially on my hands. I developed symptoms of chronic fatigue. I was always tired, both mentally and physically. At some point I was even gasping for breath. From being a quite athletic person, it was now difficult for me to climb the stairs. I was feeling like an old sick man. I was sitting or laying in bed most of the time. I was always weak, dizzy and confused. At one point, I even considered suicide. It’s important to me to say, that I’ve never experienced such symptoms before in my life.
    My life at that point was just pain and desperation. Expecially desperation, because every doctor I spoke to, and I spoke to many of them, seemed to either ignore or deny these terrible effects.
    Today, after a year and a half, I feel a little better, but I’m defenetly not healed. I still suffer from many relapses and it seems that anything can trigger them : stress, physical activity, certain types of food and so on. I developed insomnia and I now have to use many supplements, that seems to help a little.
    In conclusion, I hope that after this hearing, more clarity would be done to understand these terrible side effects, and the medical community would stop to underestimate this powerfoul drugs.
    I think it’s intolerable and crazy that someone, as in my case and in so many others, should suffer these awful consequences for a minor or even a suspected infection. Nobody should have their own health and life destroyed, because of ignorance or negligence.
    I understand that desperate times call for desperate measures, but a suspected UTI or a sinusitis it’s not one of them. In my opinion the use of FQs right now, it’s out of control and should be greatly restricted. Doctors should understand that, with this kind of drugs, the risks exceed the benefits. And these are not rare or isolated cases. There’re hundreds, if not thousands of confirmed terrible cases. Who knows, how many are not recognized yet.

• L June 8, 2018 at 8:47 am Reply

Andrea….terrific! I think you did a great job in presenting what happened to you.

If I might make just a few suggestions (to take or leave of course!). 1) RE the gasping for breath…as someone who struggled with this for several nightmarish months, 24/7 you might add how it made you feel, eg terrified? hopeless? 2) Kind of the same thing re the sitting / lying in bed—how you felt, what you were thinking that whole time and 3) you mention hundreds or thousands. it is actually MILLIONS. Dr Charles Bennett, a researcher at U of So Carolina, using the FDAs own numbers, estimated 300,000 have DIED from flqs and millions more have been injured. (and I think even those stats are really low…when you look at damage around the world, and places where they are not likely to report at all.)

So glad you included the part about the doctors reactions!!!

Well done!

• Andrea June 8, 2018 at 9:38 am Reply

Thanks L.
        I really appreciate your suggestions. Can you please give me a link about the Doctor Bennett or any other sources about the estimated damage of FQs. It’s not that I don’t belive you, trust me, it’s just that I want to be sure to don’t say anything not completely correct or at least not verified, in a public situation. Thank you so much.

• Barbara June 8, 2018 at 9:06 am Reply

Andrea. Well done. Just to say I agree with l. Be great if you emphasised this is not rare.we know it’s not and those are the ones we know about. Up to you, it’s your story.

• Daniela June 8, 2018 at 10:09 am Reply

Andrea, That’s wonderful. Your writing is so clear and heartfelt.

I would like to add:

Not only should fluoroquinolones not be used for sinusitis or urinary tract infections that can clear on their own or with simpler care, they should even more emphatically not be used on people who have any other illness because they are too strong.

I was healthy but I cannot imagine what these drugs can do to someone who was older or more seriously sick than I was, someone with other health problems; or someone developing, a child who hasn’t yet had a chance at life. They are now too sick to stand before you. These drugs are too destructive to use. They kill all the bacteria that shows up on a blood test so a doctor or hospital can claim success, but at what cost if they have destroyed a person’s life?

• Andrea June 8, 2018 at 2:53 pm Reply

Thanks Daniela. I really appreciate your comment,

• Daniela June 8, 2018 at 7:20 pm

I really appreciate what you are doing. You are standing up for everyone!

• Henk Noordhuizen June 8, 2018 at 11:06 am Reply

Andrea,could you fit in the info Dr.Bennett found, and the excellent research by Dr. Jay Cohen?His book,”How We Can Halt The Cipro & Levaquin Catastrophe: The Worst Medication Disaster In U.S. History ” leaves no doubt: this handing out of Cipro and other FQ’s has to stop! We have to only use these AB’s only for the worst case scenario’s,in stead of using them to send healthy people to hell and in the maintime creating resistance for these last resort medicines.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 8, 2018 at 11:07 am Reply
      • Andrea June 8, 2018 at 2:56 pm Reply

Thanks Henk. Thanks everybody. I will try my best to add some scientific reports in my speech. Just remember, I just have 5 minutes to tell all…

• Pauline June 9, 2018 at 5:12 am

Andrea well done.

37. Don M June 8, 2018 at 6:15 am Reply

Relevant? You decide. I just read a posting on Facebook that was posted 2 years ago. Back then it was shared on The Fluoroquinolone Wall of Pain. It was discussing the fact that some people are deficient in the g6pd enzyme. I Googled it and this is what I found: … https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=qXoaW7LyM8S6zwL10qnYAQ&q=g6pd+enzyme+deficiency&oq=G6PD+enzyme+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.3716.3716.0.9306.1.1.0.0.0.0.113.113.0j1.1.0….0…1.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.112….0.8PRRNGCS6Xc
    It appears that it is NOT a “rare” thing. The g6pd enzyme deficiency causes the person to be susceptible to many different stimulants and Fluoroquinolones is one of them.
    G6PD deficiency is an inherited condition in which the body doesn’t have enough of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, or G6PD, which helps red blood cells (RBCs) function normally. This deficiency can cause hemolytic anemia, usually after exposure to certain medications, foods, or even infections.
    It appears there is a test for this. A G6PD test measures the levels of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), an enzyme in your blood. … G6PD helps red blood cells (RBCs) function normally. It also protects them from potentially harmful byproducts that can accumulate when your body is fighting infection or as the result of certain medications.Feb 6, 2018
    Investigate more for yourself if you are interested.

• Andrea June 8, 2018 at 9:34 am Reply

Thanks Don. Very very intresting. Could be one of the main reason why some people are affected by FQs and others don’t

• Don M June 8, 2018 at 9:44 am Reply

I believe that EVERYONE is affected by Fluroquinolones. It is just that some react to a greater degree than others (no one knows why and the “industry” doesn’t seem to care as long as the profits roll in) and then there are those who are affected but never make the connection. Anything that “infects” the mitochondria and DNA has to affect anyone who comes in contact with it. Simple logic!!!

38. Pauline June 8, 2018 at 8:19 am Reply

To everyone. From time to time I have seen people asking if it ok to take lorazepam et al. May I just quickly advise that NO ONE ever embarks on this road to disaster. This applies to all BENZODIAZEPINES, ANTI DEPRESSANTS, OPIATES. Please I beg of you it is an invitation to hell to take any of these drugs.

The withdrawal is horrific.
    Thanks.
    ASHTON MANUAL

39. Henk Noordhuizen June 9, 2018 at 3:06 am Reply
    • Don M June 9, 2018 at 7:03 am Reply

Henk … Very good article by Mercola and the video really brings home the urgency of how germs are becoming so resistant to antibiotics. As I watched it and read I could not get away from the idea that $$$$$$$, many dollars of profits have come before the safety of the public.
      When 80% of the antibiotic drugs are sold to commercial “animal product” producers the $$$$ involved becomes very obvious.
      When drug companies spend equal to or more on sales commercials than they do on research it pretty well proves that they are after profits ahead of public safety. Change is in order but it is doubtful whether the government (supported by Big Pharma) or Big Pharma will change course.
      An interesting thing that I have noticed. There are NO TV commercials touting the benefits of Fluoroquinolones. They all appear to be selling their drugs that are for repetitive use by the public. I get very agitated when I hear a drug commercial end with “Ask your doctor”.

• L June 9, 2018 at 8:14 am Reply

And then, ypu have the addition of big ag, misusing/overusing antibiotics…and the unfathomable merging of Bayer and Monsanto, perhaps the two most destructive corporations in history, also abusing the use of antibiotics in agriculture. (and think of all the drugs that don’t get consumed that end up in landfills, in our water) ugh.

• Don M June 9, 2018 at 8:55 am

Correct on all points.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 9, 2018 at 10:57 am Reply

Hi Don,the farmaceutical industry was,and still is, all about greed from the start.They have taken advantage of the patent system and the discovery that they could isolate a “working” ingredient from a well known medical plant or other naturel source that was often traditionally used since ages,make a synthetic copy and get a patent on it.These synthetic copies not only work less effective and therefore have to be used in much higher doses than the natural source (in which several ingredients work synergetic;some of those seem to have no medical working but prevent adverse reactions),but they ofted do more harm than good.

It took a long time before people started to understand that,more often than admitted by industry and government, these synthetic/chemical drugs work less effective than THE ORIGINALS but that way to often these patented drugs did more harm than good. That’s the main reason why synthetic “medicines” are called “hard-” while their natural equivalents are called “soft working) medicines.But still we pay a double price for this evil system: we pay gold price for those poison pills, and in the meantime,quite often, we swap a mild,symptom for more severe symptoms in the long term.

These companoies,Bayer,Merck,etc., have,from early on,understood that,somewhere in the future,whe would understand what they were up to.And with all the money they collected (actually:stole from nature and us,the people) they bought political power. By supporting this political power system we actually help these evil robbers to survive our calls for change.One of the worst mistakes American voters may have made recently was not having enough trust in Ron Paul; I think that,of all candidates America had during the last decades he was the only one who would actually fight the powerfull medical industry the way we hope for.

40. Henk Noordhuizen June 10, 2018 at 3:07 am Reply

Another article from Mercola,in which subjects,important to us,Floxies,are discussed. Repair of neurological damage, the importance of melatonine and a helpfull stress reduction technique and the use of 5-HTP etc.Here’s the link:

Have a nice sunday,everybody!

41. Andrea June 12, 2018 at 3:08 am Reply

Hey, to anyone interested, just remember that tomorrow from 1 pm to 18 pm, it will be broadcasted the EMA hearings on their website. It’s in London, so check the time…

42. Don M June 12, 2018 at 8:09 am Reply

DISGUSTING!!! Disgusting is the only way I can think of to explain it. I’m almost 84. Because of my 31 years of ignorance about the real and vast effects of Cipro and a recent IV infusion of Levaquin in the ER without my consent. Because of the number of after effects I am experiencing I have no doubt that I am “floxed”. Undiagnosed “officially” of course because of the attitude the medical establishment has about Fluoroquinolones.

I went to my retina specialist doctor to get my injection in my eye for the macular degeneration (AMD). The compound used for the injection is (Avastin). Avastin is a chemotherapy drug that is used OFF LABEL to treat several different problems with the retina in the eye. (Avastin (bevacizumab) is a cancer medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body).

Now let’s get to the disgusting part. My time with the “actual doctor” totals less than 3 minutes at every visit. (billing per visit is about $700) Everything else is done by assistants. During our “brief” encounter I asked the doctor if Avastin contained any Fluoride. Many if not most chemotherapy drugs do. The answer was really evasive and the comment was “I don’t think so”. Not “I’ll look into it” but “I don’t think so”. ……. End of conversation.

After the injection they always want to use and antibiotic eye drop as an “infection preventive”. I asked the assistant what the antibiotic was and was told Ofloxacin. Meaning Ofloxacin Ophthalmic. I then asked the doctor (at our next brief visit) why he used Ofloxacin, as a preventive when there was no apparent infection, and if there was another antibiotic that could be used. The answer was “We don’t keep another antibiotic in house”. ….. End of conversation. So to avoid, (more exposure to Fluoroquinolones), Ofloxacin I have to refuse any antibiotic post injection.

I am trapped! Trapped in the world of modern medicine. I either accept the treatment and any side effects or my sight deteriorates into eventual blindness.
    My thanks goes out to anyone who reads this disgusting scenario.

• L June 12, 2018 at 12:53 pm Reply

yep, millions of us screaming in the dark, and no one listening. I had a lot of vision damage, and my first appointment post-cirpo, I was told I had both early stage cataracts and early stage mac degeneration (I also have some other vitreous issues they are following.) At my last appointment I told the specialist I was using a homeopathic eye drop to help (hopefully) ward off the cataracts, so I won’t need surgery. He asked me why, saying it’s very safe, and almost everyone ends up getting it. I told him I didn’t want Cipro drops, which were the standard, and he told me there were alternatives. I said that was great, but I also don’t want steroids (I think one of the reasons I was so devastatingly damaged…head to toe, was because I was on prednisone at the same time) They give you the steroids for inflammation, and I said I couldn’t risk having a relapse. Crickets. Anyhow, I just have to hope the drops work. (The other thing they are keeping on eye on will require surgery if it worsens.)

43. Barbara Arnold June 13, 2018 at 7:41 am Reply

Just to let you know, Andrea did great as did all the others. There is a break at the moment. You can watch the second half on the EMA website or Utube. I get the feeling the EMA is shocked by all the stories. Lets hope the DO SOMETHING NOW.

• L June 13, 2018 at 8:07 am Reply

I hope there is a way to watch a rebroadcast? Will it be available in video online at another time?

• Barbara Arnold June 13, 2018 at 8:37 am Reply

I will let you know if I find out L

• L June 13, 2018 at 8:41 am

thanks!

• Barbara Arnold June 13, 2018 at 10:09 am

L…you can watch it anytime now as it is on the EMA website for all to see in the coming weeks. The results will be known when they have discussed it all. It looked a really good meeting, with Doctors saying they shouldn’t be used to. Got to cook dinner now husbands starving lol

• L June 13, 2018 at 10:11 am

wow…even doctors! thanks for letting us know

• Andrea June 14, 2018 at 5:06 am Reply

LOL, Thnaks Barbara, I was so nervous

• Barbara Arnold June 14, 2018 at 6:33 am Reply

You were brilliant Andrea, and came across very confident. Not nervous at all.You looked very handsome, and I can say that cause I’m an old biddy lol.You should be very proud of yourself. Lets hope we get a good result.

• Andrea June 14, 2018 at 1:22 pm

Ahahah. Thanks…

44. Don M June 13, 2018 at 12:36 pm Reply

For anyone looking for the Youtube video of the EMA meeting June 13th 2018, check out this link. I think it is the right one.
    ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=585&v=1vao8o5NGUc
    Be prepared to spend 5 hours and 4 minutes to watch it from start to finish.

• Don M June 13, 2018 at 1:55 pm Reply

BS……………. I am watching the presentation by the Bayer Rep. He is an expert at saying NOTHING! Nothing productive. His whole speal is about the patient and doctor literature.

• L June 13, 2018 at 3:59 pm Reply

yeah, when we had the subcommittee hearings here in the US there was a woman from Bayer…and everything she said was such total BS. Still trying to focus on their bottom line. (I found an email address for her and sent an email asking her how she can prostitute herself like that while millions of people are hurting.)

• Barbara Arnold June 13, 2018 at 9:53 pm

I watched the whole thing and the only time I felt like smashing the screen was when that lying toad from Bayer was speaking, then I realised, I was getting stressed so calmed myself down.
          I did think it was a good meeting and I am hopeful we will get a good response. The fact that there was a Doctor who was badly floxed gave a good speech, another Orthopedic Sugeon who specialised in tendons was brilliant and had a full understanding of the FULL spectrum of the damage of fluroquinolones and how Doctors did not acknowledge this impact on the whole body system. Also a floxy friend from Spain who is a pharmacist gave a great speech and another pharmacist also. ALL the floxies were amazing and it was great to see Andrea giving a heartfelt talk.
          We will be informed of the results after they investigate the whole thing and come to they’r recommendations. I have a feeling and I am praying the result will be far better than the FDA recommendations. I truly hope so.
          The recording is now on the EMA website and you can watch it anytime you want. It is long, but I was glued to the screen. The first half is from the victims, then they take a break, then the ‘experts’ are on the second half. Most are okay apart from the Bayer chap who is on first in the second half.
          I feel proud of everyone who gave they’r story, I wish I had been there, but the commitee said everyone who wrote in will be taken into consideration as well.
          By the way L the FDA was mentioned and about how long its taken for them to give the two black box warnings, and that Doctors are still dishing out this shit. So they are looking at that to.
          I will let you all know when we get the results.

• L June 13, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the info. I will watch it tomorrow, hopefully.

Yeah, the FDA is so bought….it was only thanks to a lot of pressure from groups like Public Citizen that the black boxes got on at all. I sure hope the EMA takes more steps…and is much more public about it.

• Don M June 14, 2018 at 7:35 am Reply

It appears that the link that I posted earlier does not work. I’ll try again.

For anyone who is interested in Andrea’s presentation it starts at the 1 hour 41 minute point and ends at the 1 hour 49 minute point.
      Good work Andrea. We all appreciate the time and energy that you put into being present at the hearing.
      We also can all hope that (at least in Europe) something more will be done to slow the devastation done to people by Fluroquinolones.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 14, 2018 at 7:44 am Reply

Hi Don,the “h” at the beginning of your link (from “http”) disappeared,but is not needed.This is the working link:

• Don M June 14, 2018 at 8:01 am

Copy and paste error on my part.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 14, 2018 at 10:50 am

I guessed so ;-))

• Andrea June 14, 2018 at 1:24 pm Reply

Wow. Thanks Don. I really appreciate it.

45. Andrea June 14, 2018 at 1:43 pm Reply

Hey guys, I suggest to anyone who watched the public hearing to pay attention to the speech of Docotr Neal Millar, from Glasgow, UK. It starts at hour 3 minute 12. It was, the only doctor who was truly admired by everyone. What he said is very important. I’m going to send him an email, because he seems to be the kind of doctor that really understand this situation. That’s why everyone in the room applauded him after he finished.

• Henk Noordhuizen June 16, 2018 at 2:45 am Reply

Hi,Andrea,you were great! As were the other participants. I’m into the clip 1 1/2 hours,now;will take me another few days to finish seeing the whole hearing.Watching a screen for too long makes my eye problems flare up.

Thank you for being there for us all!

• Andrea June 16, 2018 at 5:35 am Reply

Thanks Henk

• L June 16, 2018 at 9:19 am

Like Henk, It is taking me a while to get through. Someone said you were at 1:41, but there was someone else at that time. I thought that female doctor who had been floxed, who had had written one of the ” dear doctor” letters (that I probably used myself) was great. I was also taken by the moderator’s tone and concern…seemed much warmer than I recall of the one in the U.S.

• Don M June 16, 2018 at 11:34 am

I don’t know about the one in Europe but my feeling about the US and it’s FDA is that they are bought, paid for and influenced by the drug companies. No one can be unbiased when they are that indebted to the drug companies and their money. Very sad bit it appears more often than not to be true.

• L June 16, 2018 at 12:02 pm

They are totally bought. They have helped to fight every warning along the way. The current FDA head had the bulk of his salary while at Duke underwritten by several pharmaceutical companies. The outgoing head actually said their client was the pharmaceutical industry!

• Don M June 16, 2018 at 11:37 am

1 hour 41 minutes to 1 hour 49 minutes

46. Barbara Arnold June 15, 2018 at 8:07 am Reply

I have just sent a long email to the Daily Mail UK one of the leading UK newspapers telling the full story of us all and about the EMA hearing. I told them this is world wide, so if any of you would like to send them an email the more the merry’er. We would have a better chance of publicity. The email address is …tips@dailymail.com
    The postal address is Paul Dacre Editor, The Daily Mail, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry St., London W8 5TT 0207938600
    Maybe mention they are still dishing out this poison and disabling people even though the FDA gave a black box warning. You could tell them what happened to you.
    Hope you all feel able to do this.
    Thanks