In February 2014, the first symptoms appeared. I started to present  groin pain and low back pain. Then I went to an infectious medical doctor, who prescribed some tests such as urine culture. Upon receipt of the test results, the only “abnormal” result was a bacteria in the urine. I then looked for a urologist who prescribed an antibiotic called levofloxacin 500mg a day for 28 days based on the result and suspected prostatitis.

Having ingested only four tablets I felt strong fatigue and malaise as if I were having a virus. Because of this I went back to the medical infectologist who recommended that I change the antibiotic ciprofloxacin 250mg two a day for 14 days. With the use of this medication, in addition to the fatigue, I felt burning in the legs, I began to have insomnia, irritability and pain in the right leg.

Before I even finished the medication, I felt severe belly pain and went to the emergency room, where the general practitioner recommended that I take levofloxacin for another 7 days until I went to another urologist.

The new doctor said it was not prostatitis.

From then on, I left the antibiotics aside, but continued pain in my right leg even after stopping the antibiotic.

Two months later, I went to another urologist who indicated a battery of tests, among them the sperm culture that pointed to another bacterium. The doctor diagnosed again as prostatitis and said that all the symptoms were explained by this. He then again prescribed levofloxacin 500mg once daily for 28 days. I did not realize at the time that it was the same medication as before, because the trade name changes.

At the beginning of the ‘new’ treatment I did not feel symptoms of prominence, only the pains in the right leg that bothered a lot.

Until one day, during the treatment, my leg was paralyzed, I ended up going to the emergency again. Where this was not associated with the antibiotic. Then I continued the treatment.

Later I had difficulty swallowing and bubbles appeared on my calf. I still did not associate with the antibiotic. He associated the symptoms with a possible illness. For I had never heard of side effects like these caused by a ‘simple’ antibiotic.

Until on the 22nd day of treatment I had strong diarrhea with mucus, where my belly became quite swollen. I tried to treat it, but it was not solved with conventional medicines.

At last I linked the symptom to the antibiotic and researched it.

I have found that fluoroquinolones cause severe diarrhea because of a bacterium called Clostridium Difficile. And that could also have acquired a colitis.

Already exhausted from going to doctors and distressed by the situation, I decided to treat myself against the bacteria and bought Florax and Metronidazole.

After 4 days the diarrhea passed, but the nightmare started there, other symptoms began to appear after discontinuation of the remedy: loss of muscle mass, chronic insomnia, burning in the legs and arms, tingling, muscle spasms, irritability, panic syndrome, psychosis, anxiety attacks, dry mouth, constant fissures on the lips, metallic taste in the mouth, pain in the back of the tongue, dry skin, eye pain, eyelid drooping (ptosis), constant eye itching, dry, reddish eyes at night , constant nausea, pain and weakness in both legs, pain in the tendons, red urine, stool blood, constant diarrhea, sun allergy, back pain, toothache, redness and severe scaling (fungal infection) on the scalp, callus cold (electric shock), chronic fatigue, small red spots on the skin (inconstant), rash, constant tingling in two fingers of the hand, intracranial pressure, pain in the man excessive sweating, ankle and heel pain, swollen nails, slow metabolism, sudden weight gain (10kg), memory loss, poor concentration, blurred vision, dizziness, constant sore throat and urinary incontinence.

 After some time I could not sleep, I had a psychotic outbreak, but I was conscientious enough to realize that my situation was on the edge and that it tended to get worse. That’s why I tried suicide. But I was rescued on time and interned.

I was right. I had completely lost control over myself and my life. I was experiencing a symptom called ‘depersonalization’, where it was slow and airy all the time. So they decided to treat me psychiatrically.

Time passed and I continued with almost all the symptoms.

Considering the high quantity, variety and complexity of these symptoms is difficult and analyze their processes and their incidences. However, the fact is that 1 year and 6 months later, most of the symptoms remained debilitating, limiting and destroying my quality of life.

The people around me took a long time to understand what was happening to me, I myself only went deep into the subject after many months. I hoped that all the effects they would pass and tried to lead a normal life.

It came to a point where I realized all my physical limitations and decided to retreat. I thought about giving up and tried suicide again. Because of that, I was placed in a psychiatric clinic. Of course it did not help. Except for the friendships I made and the resocialization that I had even in an environment not so conducive to it.

After all this, I left the psychiatric treatment aside and started taking only one sleeping pill (Rivotril and then Lorax) and began to study the antibiotic and the symptoms I acquired.

I thought I had lost my youth and was afraid of getting old with all those symptoms. The situation is dramatic, I was a healthy young man but I became weak and could not do anything I liked and planned to do.

I felt even more desperate searching the internet and translating the reports from English to Portuguese, people who were in a deplorable situation after taking this antibiotic. My family even forbade me to go online after all the doctors were saying I was hypochondriac.

I had come up with a proposal to treat the effects of the antibiotic on a North American site of integrative medicine. According to the report, one patient made glutathione infusions and achieved excellent results. I decided to find a doctor who could do this treatment and found an orthomolecular. I began to deal with him.

In addition to glutathione, I began to do other treatments with it, among them the removal of heavy metals. Then I posted my story on a Brazilian health blog ‘Friends of Healing’ and got support and a woman recommended me the auto-hemotherapy. This treatment is not recognized by ANVISA (FDA of Brazil) and is prohibited by health institutions or professionals, where they are subject to penalties ranging from fine to the prohibition of the place and cassation of the license of the professional that does it .

Despite my distrust and disapproval of my family, I decided to do the treatment. After a few weeks my recovery was surprising, especially with regard to physical stamina.

Gradually I resumed my daily activities and concomitantly went looking for other forms of natural treatments to help my recovery as acupuncture, heavy metal withdrawal, traditional Chinese medicine, supplementation, etc. I took several natural remedies such as magnesium, omega 3, high doses Vitamin D3, Probiotic Pool, Charcoal, Beer yeast, MSM, coconut oil, safflower oil, melatonin, alpha-lipoic acid, low doses of LDN, BIO21, suncushion, high doses of vitamin A, betaine hydrochloride, slug, etc.

I still want to take a lot of non-aggressive health supplements that I think might help, because I realized that the best strategy to overcome these side effects is to centralize your efforts to strengthen your immune system in every possible way, thanks to the high penetration of fluoride , his organism has been attacked everywhere because it attacks directly the defenses of our organism leaving us completely debilitated and causing effects in all places of the body.

Anyway, it’s complicated to write a story that is still going on. For example, I just did ozonotherapy and the improvement I got was impressive. And I hope this time I just get better. I remember when I was desperately searching for a solution to the terrible effects I was having and how stunned I was when I could not find a quick and definitive solution to the problem. I believe that my story can help people who find themselves in this way at this time because it was not just a matter of positive thinking or psychological overcoming, it was clear and objective proof that there is a solution to the problem, but this solution is not as the pharmaceutical industry has accustomed us, there is no remedy for the disease, what exists is the organism that is so weakened that it becomes vulnerable to it.

I realized, in order to stop drinking, that what I am currently taking – Vitamin D3 10000 IU and Vitamin Vitamin 100mcg – was the one that most positively impacted my recovery and is what I intend to take forever. I went back to the gym and I am more active than ever in my activities: at work, in college and in what is demanding more physical preparation, to take care of my son Davi Malcolm of a year and seven months.

I am healthier now than ever. Even before taking fluoroquinolones. Moreover, in resuming my daily activities, I was dismissed from my job by virtue of my remoteness. I returned through justice, but the struggle and the problems continue, but in other areas …

But that is not important anymore. As the cliché says: ‘The important thing is health, of the rest we run after …’ I never believed as much in this as now …

This is a translation of the newspaper article pictured above:

Interview in the newspaper: Passing in a public contest was the dream of Marçal William Conceição, 26, a young student of Social Sciences.

The young server who had been studying for various competitions was able to pass in the contest of the Companhia Docas do Pará to the position of Port Technician. What was to be the beginning of a career of stability became a legal battle after Marcal was dismissed without justification in an internal process in the least confused. The controversial resignation occurred in two different assessments of the immediate bosses, the creation of a commission that decided in just three days the case and the delivery of the letter of dismissal in the server’s house in front of his pregnant partner and his elderly grandmother.

“Despite being a particular case, it portrays a series of vices and misconceptions that may occur in other public companies in general”; argues Marçal.

Approved in a public contest, Marçal had to go through the probationary period of 90 days. Admitted on February 2 last year, I worked for 45 days but did not perform well on the first evaluation. According to him, the reason for the low performance were the health problems that even later removed him for medical treatment. Marçal had a prostatitis – inflammation in the prostate – then other problems due to the use of antibiotics. But he was sure he could get back to work when he felt good. “They said only that if I took the certificates, I would be guaranteed. The person who accompanied me assured me that it was important that I return to work. CDP’s psychologist at Training Supervision (SUPTRE) said it would only be worth the latest evaluation, “he recalls.

With his health restored and returning to work earlier this year, he underwent a second evaluation. This time Marçal was well evaluated by the immediate boss who did not identify any reason to remove it definitively. Due to the different opinions, a commission was formed at CDP with representatives from different areas. Only three days were enough for the committee to decide to dismiss the server without hearing it. The official document of resignation was delivered to the server’s house on the same day.

Substitute Judge Erika Moreira Bechara, of the thirteenth branch of the Labor of Belém of the Regional Labor Court of the 8th Region, determined, by an injunction, that March was readmitted on day 13. He awaits hearing of the case scheduled for June 21.

The report contacted the CDP but no one was found to comment on the case.

** The story above is truthful, accurate and told to the best of the ability of the writer. It is not intended as medical advice. No person who submits his or her story, nor the people associated with Floxie Hope, diagnoses or treats any illness. The story above should not be substituted for professionally provided medical advice. Please consult your doctor before trying anything that has been mentioned in this story, or in any other story on this site. Please also note that people have varying responses to the treatments mentioned in each story. What helps one person may not help, and may even hurt, another person. It is important that you understand that supplements, IVs, essential oils, and all other treatments, effect people differently depending on the millions of variables that make each of us unique. Please use appropriate caution and prudence, and get professional medical advice.